Transgendered pregnancy...

hwnorth

PF Fanatic
Mar 13, 2008
Courtenay BC Canada
** QUOTE ** <I> "I am transgender, legally male, and legally married to Nancy. Unlike those in same-sex marriages, domestic partnerships, or civil unions, Nancy and I are afforded the more than 1,100 federal rights of marriage. Sterilization is not a requirement for sex reassignment, so I decided to have chest reconstruction and testosterone therapy but kept my reproductive rights. Wanting to have a biological child is neither a male nor female desire, but a human desire...."
</I>
Now many of you are stating hes a woman living as a man, and in a lesbian relationship... how can that be, if we assume the above quote is true? If so you are judging someone solely by their reproductive organs, to which I think has been pointed out cant hold true.

In reality I think much of this confuses the average person, and therefore they fear, and when we fear, we judge. Therefore I would suggest that many of the strong opinions on this topic, as suggested by some, are based upon fear and/or lack of knowledge. Fear of the unknown is a common human emotion, to which many choose not to control, or have the tools to control, and just with many "fears" from our past, much has been conquered through education.

Penn, Im sure you can understand this, as Im sure, unfortunately you have had to deal with this type of situation in your past.

[/COLOR]

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
How do you know so much about Penn when you've only been here a month? That's a bit odd.
Penn is openly gay and NOT transgendered. Big difference.
Who cares about this person's choice to have a child, love is love. Who cares what his or her genitilia is or if he or she has boobs. It's their life. More power to them

hwnorth

PF Fanatic
Mar 13, 2008
Courtenay BC Canada
musicmom said:
How do you know so much about Penn when you've only been here a month? That's a bit odd.
Oh contraire my dear... Penn is in a unique position that invokes fear in many that dont understand it. Not only is that basic human psychology, but its plain to see in everyday life for anyone that is "different" .. or anyone that may go against the Catholic Church, or any other society views as to what is "normal" ... two man in a gay relationship is not what much of society considers normal... two men with surrogate children on the way ... goes beyond what society defines as normal. As I said, society fears what they dont understand.

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
hwnorth said:
In reality I think much of this confuses the average person, and therefore they fear, and when we fear, we judge. Therefore I would suggest that many of the strong opinions on this topic, as suggested by some, are based upon fear and/or lack of knowledge. Fear of the unknown is a common human emotion, to which many choose not to control, or have the tools to control, and just with many "fears" from our past, much has been conquered through education.
I'm not confused or afraid. What we have is a person with female reproductive organs, carrying a child. Happens every day, all around the world. It's not a pregnant man, no matter how the media tries to spin it. It's physically impossible for a man to be pregnant, as a man has no method of gestating a child. Thomas may be living as a man, and may be a man legally, but "his" body is that of a woman.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
he is a woman. Even if he feels he is a man, biologically he is a woman and haivng a baby. Nothing wrong with that

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
hwnorth said:
Oh contraire my dear... Penn is in a unique position that invokes fear in many that dont understand it. Not only is that basic human psychology, but its plain to see in everyday life for anyone that is "different" .. or anyone that may go against the Catholic Church, or any other society views as to what is "normal" ... two man in a gay relationship is not what much of society considers normal... two men with surrogate children on the way ... goes beyond what society defines as normal. As I said, society fears what they dont understand.
That fear is ignorance.

PennQuaker09

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2007
Durham, NC
My position is the same as Teresa's. I couldn't have said it any better. I think if the person involved really wanted to be a man, they would have completed the process.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
PennQuaker09 said:
My position is the same as Teresa's. I couldn't have said it any better. I think if the person involved really wanted to be a man, they would have completed the process.
I agree also. but really my ONLY problem with this story is how they've thrown it into the spotlight

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
But wouldn't some men like to have carried their own children? If you could wouldn't you?

Maybe by them getting the story out now it may not have an effect on the child so much??

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
But thats the thing....guys cannot carry children. Which is why its wierd that if "thomas" felt so much like a male, and wanted to be so, why not carry through with all the proceedures to do so?

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
meow_173 said:
But thats the thing....guys cannot carry children. Which is why its wierd that if "thomas" felt so much like a male, and wanted to be so, why not carry through with all the proceedures to do so?
exactly

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
Maybe by them getting the story out now it may not have an effect on the child so much??
Tell that to Louise Brown, the first test tube baby, who the media still does updates on occasionally, even though she's now a grown woman.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Ok my brother and I were talking about this. We do not use all of our brains capacity and God (HP) made men with nipples. Why?
Maybe someday men will be able to carry babies and breastfeed? It may not be normal to us now but I think anything could be possible.
I see your point too. But if I wanted to be a man and had the chance to carry a child then I probably would do both. Sure why not. lol

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
musicmom said:
Ok my brother and I were talking about this. We do not use all of our brains capacity and God (HP) made men with nipples. Why?
Maybe someday men will be able to carry babies and breastfeed? It may not be normal to us now but I think anything could be possible.
I see your point too. But if I wanted to be a man and had the chance to carry a child then I probably would do both. Sure why not. lol
<I>"The answer is that as embryos men and women have similar tissues and body parts. If anything the embryo follows a 'female template'. That is why nipples are present in both sexes. It is the effect of the genes, the Y chromosome and the hormone testosterone that brings about the changes and masculinises the embryo. Testosterone promotes the growth of the penis and testicles. Because nipples are there before this process begins the nipples stay!" </I>
Why Do Men Have Nipples?

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Oh i don't doubt that anything is possible in the future. But it just odesn't seem feesable. I mean i don't think men will want to do what we do....seeing they see what we go through.
lol why am i funny?

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
because you actually took the time to post why men have nipples. I just found it funny. I'm easily amused I guess.