Under what circumstances would you terminate a pregnancy?...

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
This is my beautiful goddaughter. She is almost two. Her parents have been together for 18 years. Since they were like 13. They aren't married and don't plan to be. They are committed to each other, and they don't need a piece of paper to tell them that.

So, I guess she should have been aborted in your eyes Jim's wife?

Honestly, I'm also really bothered that people would terminate a pregnancy for something like down's syndrome. That is not nearly a good enough reason for me, and I am pro-choice.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Mindy said:
This is my beautiful goddaughter. She is almost two. Her parents have been together for 18 years. Since they were like 13. They aren't married and don't plan to be. They are committed to each other, and they don't need a piece of paper to tell them that.

So, I guess she should have been aborted in your eyes Jim's wife?

Honestly, I'm also really bothered that people would terminate a pregnancy for something like down's syndrome. That is not nearly a good enough reason for me, and I am pro-choice.
But i can see why people would, and there are probabaly a million reasons why some WOULD terminate a downs baby, or any other type of disabled baby, and there would be a million reasons why someone would NOT abort. Its all just a matter of what people can handle.

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Mindy, she's so cute! And that little dress is adorable.

That being said, in my opinion, terminating a pregnancy because you weren't married is a petty reason. That is just as much a baby as one that is conceived in wedlock.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Amber said:
Mindy, she's so cute! And that little dress is adorable.

That being said, in my opinion, terminating a pregnancy because you weren't married is a petty reason. That is just as much a baby as one that is conceived in wedlock.
Thanks Amber :) And I agree with you, definitely just as much a baby...

daddyofone

Mar 22, 2008
tacoma wa
ok, i just joined this board hoping to get some answers to a few questions about bringing up our 4 month of beautiful little girl and now I am hooked!

Abortion: during our pregnancy we let the drs do all the test that they wanted to do but we didnt ask for the result unless it meant the possibility of harming my wife. Luckily our child was born problem free. The only reason we made this choice is because we knew we have the mental and monetary capacity to care for what ever life brings us. we are not religious so that played no part in any of our decisions. If my wife was going to be put at danger to birth this child I would have been on the abortion side because there could always be a later time or possibly a child that needed to be adopted. What it really comes down to with me is ability. does the mother/family have the ability to care for whatever child they receive properly. If not that I whole heartedly feel that abortion/adoption is the best way to go. I also feel that if you violate the morals of abortion by having multiples for no good reason you should not be able to bear children anymore.
yes a baby is a living human in my pro-choice eyes but i just dont feel that it is right to bring it up into a world where it will not get what it needs to survive and be an contributing citizen. That is tought to say and it kinda chokes me up but I personally would be dead than a crack baby! -extreme i know
Abortion is a right that should never been taken away for the fact of protecting innocent women of rape victims and childhood stupidity, but I do feel that it is more than abused by people that just dont take the time to properly take care of protection.
If ya really wanna get crazy about it I feel that you should have to pass a right to birth certification before you can get pregnant, and I am about as liberal as they get!!! ponder that one.