Under what circumstances would you terminate a pregnancy?...

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
jtee said:
Sorry, I am trying to think what Flooser would post right now, but I am drawing a blank. Is this where Fooser changes his avatar or sends Princess Lissa a PM?
I didn't know moderators could see our PMs. :eek:

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
Under absolutely NO circumstances. It's not my choice to make, IMO. God created that life for a reason, and I would have no right to end it.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
SO lets say, in a different situation, your child is born at 22-23 weeks, and is only alive because the respirator. If he/she survives, they won't be able to walk, talk, see, hear and primarily stuck in a wheel chair and a vegetable the rest of his/her life.
Would you take them off the breathing machine?

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
Yes, I would....a respirator is an artificial means of sustaining their life. If they are meant to live, they will live without the respirator.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
That's what I meant. If they would not live outside my womb I would terminate so they would not suffer. Don't get me wrong, I would not want them going in there and digging around with a knife or anything. It would have to be humane or no way. OMG this post is making me sad and it's not even true. I might have to stay off of this one :(

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Lissa said:
Whatever the news, it is still a life. Abortion, to me, will always be murder.

Got to agree. If my child or I faced life-threatening "diseases" or whatever, I'd still go ahead with delivery. Just because I think it was planned by God for me to have it, or I'd have not gotten pregnant in the first place. And also, I agree with Lissa...murder is murder, and I truly believe that includes abortion.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Amber said:
Got to agree. If my child or I faced life-threatening "diseases" or whatever, I'd still go ahead with delivery. Just because I think it was planned by God for me to have it, or I'd have not gotten pregnant in the first place. And also, I agree with Lissa...murder is murder, and I truly believe that includes abortion.

What if you could see the future, and knew your son would be the anti-christ and bring an end to the world as we know it?

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
FooserX said:
What if you could see the future, and knew your son would be the anti-christ and bring an end to the world as we know it?
Your mother still gave birth to you, didn't she?

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
In this life, I have already learned enough to know that I simply cannot even answer the question, until and unless I am in that position.

It is very easy to say you would abort, or you wouldn't. Actually doing it/not doing it is something completely different.

When faced with an unplanned pregnancy, I have had two friends come these the following conclusions.

1st friend was vehemently pro-choice, and after experiencing an unplanned pregnancy, she is now COMPLETELY pro-life, no exceptions whatsoever.

2nd friend has always been 100% pro-life. No exceptions. After being in a crisis pregnancy situation, she is now completely pro-choice.

You just never know.

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
FooserX said:

It's all in the plans! ;)

The antichrist would come regardless of whether I gave birth to him or I aborted him and he came back through someone else.

mykeilori

Dec 5, 2007
Hi, i don't believe any circumstance should warrant taking someone else life,since none has been able to make life. I know this s quite a very difficult decision to make in reality, yet we have to understand that aborting the baby does not guarantee that the mother would still live long. We don't have our lives in our hands. Moreover, being an orphan or physically handicapped does not mean such a baby will not fulfill destiny or purpose.
thanks

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Why do you assume the anti-christ is male?? Ya'll need to meet my mother...maybe HE is just giving her to us as a primer?

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
There are children born everyday who will never have "quality of life" due to handicaps and disease. I think for me I would never bring a child into the world who would be unable to have "quality of life"

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
I would not abort my baby for having disabilities, handicaps, etc... As I have said in another thread, my 3rd daughter had 2 cysts on her brains. The doc said they would either go away and she would be perfect or she would live a short life. We chose to keep her and thank god we did. She is perfect! The cyst went away at about 36 weeks. You just do not know what will or will not happen. So aborting for those types of reasons just isn't acceptable to me.
If I was told I would die from complications or something by having another baby, I am not sure what I would do. On one hand it would be hypocritical of me to not risk my life when I am willing to risk the way my unborn baby could possibly live. But on the other hand, I do have 4 other children to think about. This answer isn't as easy to answer for me.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
When I was in college I was an RA for campus housing. We had a freshman woman (18-19) who had server Cerebral palsy and barely could get around in a wheelchair. It was sad because she had spent her entire life in many different foster homes (Custody of the state, had no biological parents) and as a result she had extreme emotional problems. At one point she developed a relationship with a disabled man\student her age and he gave her keys to his place, but after a few months he had to have his locks changed because he couldn't handled her rages. She continued to stock him for a few months after they broke up.