User: Musicmom...

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
She is causing a lot of problems for the forum and I have concerns she is quick to harass new members. I'm not concerned about Fooser or Lissa, they can handle themself, but new parents to this forum should be off limits, and MM is quick to attack them.

I would like to impose a temporary ban for 1 week for MM to cool down and think about things.

What do others think?

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Here is example of a post that supports a ban. This message was deleted today. It is example of a post Musicmom will post on a daily basis. If musicmom does not like a person, musicmom will harass that person until the person nolonger comes around. We can not allow one person in the forum harass others to the point that they leave the forum.

Musicmom said:
Mindy why are you here again? I have a hard time believing that you are the age you are. Who ends everything with "whatever"?
A pothead is a pothead. You are a drug addict. You talk about not using drugs when you become a parent well guess what??? All the eggs you are ever going to get are inside of you right now. So you think smoking pot now isn't effecting your future children? That is poor parenting already and you haven't even begun. That's a shame.
FWI pot DOES change you neurologically.
PM from Musicmom to Mindy:

Here's a Christian for ya. Go fuck yourself you dim witted twit. I think your brain stopped growing the first day you smoked pot and by the sound of it that must have been around 10. So WHATEVER........lmafo

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
This is the PM I recieved from mindy

fallon, I also told jtee about this, but not sure if he's offline. I really don't want to complain, I can imagine what you have to deal with. But I noticed this from musicmom in my reputation:

<I>You are an utter idiot and I hope you never have children with that typed of thinking.</I>

I confronted her about it then she wrote this:</SIZE>[/FONT]

<I>Here's a Christian for ya. Go fuck yourself you dim witted twit. I think your brain stopped growing the first day you smoked pot and by the sound of it that must have been around 10. So WHATEVER........lmafo</I>

Then I told her I hope she gets help for her anger and she wrote this:</SIZE>[/FONT]

<I>Please...kill yourself for the sake of humanity and any future replication of yourself. Don't breed.</I>
<I>Ps. I thought you were ignoring me. Waaaa Save the drama for your mamma little girl.</I>
and this is the PM I recieved from Musicmom it's the forwarded message from mindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy
<I>What is your problem musicmom? I guess you are too much of a coward to say something like that to my face. I can't believe you call yourself a Christian saying things like that.

You are mean and vindictive, so what you think about me doesn't matter at all, but I hope your children never learn how to treat people from you. I really really hope they have better role models than that.

That was just plain nasty, and I can't believe you would stoop so low. I have never ever put anyone on ignore on ANY board but you are just not worth my time.
</I>

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
MM says mindy also sent her this pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy
<I>Dude, get therapy, seriously. Please do it for your innocent children</I>

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I think things will calm down...I just got this PM from her

I didn't know that telling that Mindy girl off in a pm was against the rules. Sorry. I didn't contact her, she contacted me out of the blue. I should have realized she was a troll and didn't. I've never been pm'd a nasty note before. It's all new to me. Sorry. :( Sha'
<i>
</i>

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
I don't think Mindy is an innocent victim in all of this, but Musicmom has a long standing pattern of picking fights with people and I think it is time for it to come to an end.

If a temporary ban is not necessary at this point, what steps should be taken to get MM to stop her name calling and other harassment type of activities?

If she doesn't like a person (in this case Mindy), then it gets really nasty and she provokes people into getting nasty back. I see MM as starting fights or baiting people into fights. Sure she has many calmer posts and she is not attacking people 100% of the time, but she continues insult and attack others whenever she is in the mood. The way I see it she is not showing any restraint.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I have been gone as you all now, and if you think a bann will help then I will stand behind you

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
My goal is not to ban anyone unnecessarily, I just want to get MM to stop attacking people and provoking them. If there are ways to accomplish that without temporarily banning MM, then I am willing to try other options. Banning someone sends a strong message that we are serious (at least I am serious\feed up), and they can't contrinue play little kid tricks of seeing how many different ways there are to test mom and dad, so maybe a timeout is in order. :)

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
just noticed I was given bad rep by Fooser as well. Lord I don't know what to do with that child other then join in on the childish game and give him bad rep. Of course I will not do this and will ognore it but...

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
I have sent a PM to Matty requesting that he give us access to the Moderator Control Panel so we can get a better idea as to who is abusing the rep system. If we take Kaytee's last example, she knows that Fooser gave her a neg rep, but as moderators we collectively have no idea if he is going around and randomly giving people neg reps as part of some kind of on-line game he is playing (because he is bored at work) which we know he as done in the past.

Based on a few PMs, I also suspect MM is abusing the rep system too.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
I feel strongly about this because she is too much of a loose cannon that needs to be monitored like a 4 year old. Good some of the time, but it is a post by post evaluation. With each post we don't know if her post needs to be edited\deleted or a PM sent asking MM to stop. And it is every day.

Other suggests on how to handle this?

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Kaytee said:
I know, but you will be fine! Ihave faith
You're such a nice person Kaytee. Yes, MM will be just fine, because next week it just be something else, its all BS. :)

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
She gave me a negative rep for this post. She is abusing the rep system and not just with me.

jtee said:
I just thought Lissa's current avatar was some reference to Fooser that I didn't get. :)

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
We need to be in agreement on this. I feel being gone for 7 days is a start and I have no objections to being gone permanently.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Sometime Today or tomorrow I am going to PM musicmom asking her if she would agree to not logon to this site for one week. This might be more effective than a ban, she can explain it anyway she wants, go on vacation, has sick children, and I won't call her on it.

Chances she won't agree, but this is how we have dealt with our daughter on a few occasions, she agrees to take self-imposed punishment rather than us taking something away and then give it back.

I truly don't like the idea of banning someone, and I attempting to find some other effective solution to MM long standing abuse of the system, and I want her to know I am very serious, so I can't let it go with a promise of not doing it again, too much water under the bridge to give her free pass from how she has behaved.