Vaccines and SIDS...

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
**continued from another thread!

So I went to the http://www.sids.org site like Musicmom said about vaccines and SIDS. I have to say I do not know much about this topic but It's always get to learn more.
So I went to their site since Sha' thought that their was NO correlation between the two. well that site actually says they don't know.

http://www.sids.org/nmontharticle.htm
the Committee concluded that "the evidence is inadequate to accept or reject a causal relationship between DTaP vaccine and SIDS."
so they don't know. I would guess they don't know since no one knows what causes SIDS.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
SIDS was one of my biggest fears after Bubba was born. I read a magaizine article about a women who's child died of sids in the hospitial. The devil. Yes the devil must cause sids.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
No doubt. I asked her and I was going from what she said. She is going to send me more links when she gets back. Her son died of SIDS. I've asked her to join our board but she's too busy. Yea right. SHe goes to school and has one child! Shhh don't tell her that IF she does come here. haha
I didn't want you to think I abandoned this idea. I also found it scary and interesting. A posistion I would never want to be in. Thank God I didn't have all this info back then.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
yay, I have no clue if they are linked, but it would not surprise me to see an increase in children that are vaccinated.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
VAERS have plenty of SIDS reports where perfectly healthy babies suddenly die hours to days after their "well-being" appointment. And keep in mind that less than 10% is reported to VAERS.

Here are a couple of interesting links to check out http://www.thinktwice.com/sids.htm[/URL]
http://www.nccn.net/~wwithin/SIDS.htm[/URL]

As I said earlier, now, when I know what's in the vaccines, I'm very surprised that so many babies actually survive them!

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
I can’t even start to imagine how awfully painful can be an idea that your baby has died because you weren’t informed enough, that if you just did your homework the way you should your baby could have been alive. It can be just way too much to handle. The guilt must be so incredibly overwhelming. So, I can totally see how a mother who lost her baby to SIDS will try hold into every info that says that those two aren’t related for dear life. It’s just too much if she doesn’t. And of course, with vaccines being a multi-billion dollar industry, it isn’t too hard to find such a link. Just follow the smell of money.

Now, I am NOT saying that vaccines caused her baby’s death, but that is a very real possibility.

FDA states that there are NO safe amounts of formaldehyde (when it comes to cosmetics that adults use), BUT of course it’s “OK” to inject it directly into a baby’s body.

THE WORST NEURO-TOXIN ON EARTH! T[/SIZE]</SIZE>[/FONT]here was EVER only one safety study on this one. It was preformed on 30 adults who had meningitis (if I remember correctly) and they were using thimerosal to treat them. All 30 adults have died. Of course, it was stated that thimerosal had nothing to do with it. Pretty good safety study, ha?! But of course, it’s “ok” to inject it into babies![/COLOR]

Aluminum. Pretty recently there was a study of aluminum and here are the results http://www.straight.com/article/vaccines-show-sinister-side[/URL] . But again, it’s “ok” to inject it into babies.

The list can go on and on…

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I know you are not meaning to cause harm, but when you write, you can cause more guilt on people then good. I know that is not your intention at all, just hte way it comes off

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Kaytee said:
I know you are not meaning to cause harm, but when you write, you can cause more guilt on people then good. I know that is not your intention at all, just hte way it comes off
exactly

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="yulia;34614"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;THE WORST NEURO-TOXIN ON EARTH! T&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;here was EVER only one safety study on this one. It was preformed on 30 adults who had meningitis (&lt;U&gt;&lt;s&gt;<U>&lt;/s&gt;if I remember correctly&lt;e&gt;</U>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/U&gt;) and they were using thimerosal to treat them. All 30 adults have died. Of course, it was stated that thimerosal had nothing to do with it. Pretty good safety study, ha?! But of course, it’s “ok” to inject it into babies!&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/quote]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;

You are remembering this completely backward. The story is from a law firm involved in lawsuits against vax manufacturers, so you need to take the source into account. According to the law firm: The patients who were injected with a solution of mercury were already dying from meningitis - the fact they were terminal was the reason they were experimented on by a private physician hired by a pharmaceutical company. The purpose of the "study" was to examine the toxicity of mercury, not to try use mercury to cure them. They all died as expected from meningitis. &lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
I can't really consider this a reputable study as it is horrific and its findings are useless. The story also has not been substantiated, so it is not much more than the internet version of an urban legend. If it happened, it was done before the current regulations were in place to protect human subjects. Now a hospital has to go to great lengths to safeguard the health and well-being of human subjects and this would never, ever be approved.&lt;/r&gt;

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="yulia;34614"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Aluminum. Pretty recently there was a study of aluminum and here are the results &lt;URL url="http://www.straight.com/article/vaccines-show-sinister-side&lt;/LINK_TEXT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/URL]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/URL&gt; . But again, it’s “ok” to inject it into babies. &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/quote]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;

This is not results. Its an article from an online Vancouver "lifestyle and entertainment weekly" (its own description) that talks about unpublished findings from one scientist, findings that haven't held up to scrutiny in the past. Do you have a published source (a peer-reviewed publication and not a weekly online paper) about this?&lt;/r&gt;

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
SIDS = PPD's way out.

That's my theory. However, I do believe that sometimes SIDS occurs in children that have underlying health problems. As far as vaccines, putting babies on their tummies to sleep, it's all BS to me.

Not to offend anyone who's had their child die of SIDS, but I do believe that PPD plays a big part. This is coming from someone who has had PPD and knows what the disorder is capable of. I think mothers who have had PPD as severe as I had it, would agree with me. Sad, but true.

Sorry, I had to say it.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Lissa, I had PPD and that is a chemical imbalance on us because of the sudden hormone drop from giving birth. It depletes our bodies from what it was use to doing.
I honestly do not believe SIDS is linked at all with that. :(
Lissa, I am here also if you ever need someone who got through PPD, (if you are not through it) I know it can take years.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Ari2 said:
You are remembering this completely backward. The story is from a law firm involved in lawsuits against vax manufacturers, so you need to take the source into account. According to the law firm: The patients who were injected with a solution of mercury were already dying from meningitis - the fact they were terminal was the reason they were experimented on by a private physician hired by a pharmaceutical company. The purpose of the "study" was to examine the toxicity of mercury, not to try use mercury to cure them. They all died as expected from meningitis.

I can't really consider this a reputable study as it is horrific and its findings are useless. The story also has not been substantiated, so it is not much more than the internet version of an urban legend. If it happened, it was done before the current regulations were in place to protect human subjects. Now a hospital has to go to great lengths to safeguard the health and well-being of human subjects and this would never, ever be approved.
I mentioned that it was stated that mercury had nothing to do with that.
My point really was that this was the ONLY safety study of thimerosal. Let's just say this "study" didn't go too well and yet, it's freely being injected in little super fragile not fully developed baby bodies. Isn't that crazy or what?!

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
I mentioned that it was stated that mercury had nothing to do with that.
<U>My point really was that this was the ONLY safety study of thimerosal</U>. Let's just say this "study" didn't go too well and yet, it's freely being injected in little super fragile not fully developed baby bodies. Isn't that crazy or what?![/quote]

This is incorrect. There have been several studies about the safety of thimerosal (which contains mercury) in vaccines. Here is a big one by the CDC (more information is available in technical reports on the CDC's website):

CDC conducted the <I>Infant and Environmental Exposures to Thimerosal and Neuropsychological Outcomes at Ages 7 to 10 Years</I> study to investigate possible associations between prenatal and early childhood exposure to thimerosal-containing vaccines and/or immunoglobulins and deficits in neuropsychological functioning.

This study was designed to improve upon previous studies that assessed the possible association between ethyl mercury exposure from thimerosal-containing vaccines and neuropsychological functioning including an objective measurement of neuropsychological functioning. These improvements reduced the potential for study biases.

The study was further strengthened by engaging a panel of independent external consultants to advise on the study design, selection of the neuropsychological test battery, interpretation of results, and editing of the draft manuscript. The consultants have expertise in the fields of toxicology, epidemiology, biostatistics, vaccine safety, and also included a representative from the autism advocacy community. The external consultants provided their individual input into the study protocol and the analysis plan.

The study evaluated 1,047 children between the ages of 7 to 10 years who received vaccines during the 1990s when thimerosal was used as a preservative in many childhood vaccines. The study used a retrospective cohort design. Computerized medical records were used to select a sample of children with a wide range of exposures from thimerosal-containing vaccines and immunoglobulins during infancy. Each child's level of exposure to ethyl mercury was determined through a review of electronic immunization registries, medical records, personal immunization records, and parent interviews. Each child was then administered a series of standardized neuropsychological tests in a clinical setting at ages 7 to 10 years.

A total of 378 statistical tests were conducted. Each child was tested on 42 neuropsychological outcomes, 3 exposure periods and the full model plus gender specific analyses. Among the 42 outcomes measured, the study found that the majority of the outcomes had NO association with thimerosal exposure and most associations would be what is expected by chance alone.

Only a few statistically significant associations or consistent patterns between exposure to thimerosal and neuropsychological functioning were found.<LIST>

• <LI>
  • Among males, increased prenatal exposure was associated with significantly better performance in visual spatial ability (Stanford Binet Copying test), and poorer performance with attention and executive functioning (WISC III Digit Span Backward Recall test). There were no significant associations for females.
    </LI>
    <LI>
  • Increased exposure from birth to 7 months of age was associated with significantly better performance among males on achievement (WJ-III: Letter-Word Identification test) and among females on fine motor coordination (Grooved Peg Board Non-Dominant Hand test) and attention and executive functioning (WISC III Digit Span Backward Recall test). Among males, higher exposure was associated with poorer performance with attention and executive functioning (Brief Parent Rating of Behavioral Regulation test), and a higher likelihood of motor and phonic tics reported by the child assessor were observed.
    </LI>
    <LI>
  • The weight of the evidence in this study does not support a causal association between early mercury exposure from thimerosal-containing vaccines and/or immunoglobulins and neuropsychological functioning at ages 7 to 10 years.

--------

As this study mentions, this isn't the only investigation into the safety of thimerosal in vaccines.

Thimerosal has not been used in routine childhood vaxes since 2001. The one exception is certain formulations of the flu shot such as Fluzone, which contains 25 micrograms of mercury per dose (this is 0.000025 of a gram, with one gram equaling
    0.035274 ounces). Even with decent safety data and very tiny amounts I don't see the need to inject mercury into my kids and easily avoid it while staying current with most of the vax recommendations.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Skyburning said:
Lissa, PM me if you aren't comfortable posting it here, but do you mind elaborating on how you feel that PPD correlates to SIDS?
The most horrible things go through your head when you have PPD. I could easily see how someone with PPD could use SIDS as a way to end the torture. I don't want to get too graphic, but it wouldn't be that hard to suffocate an infant leaving no evidence. I know it's sick, but it's true.