Vaccines and SIDS...

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
Thats what I thought you meant, Lissa. I think that may be the case sometimes, but i think the majority of SIDS cases are truly unexplained. I know a family who's little boy's heart would stop beating for no identifiable reason. He ended up having to wear this big monitor while he slept that would sound if his heart rate slowed or stopped. He had to sleep right next to his parent's bed so they could startle his heart into beating again when the monitor sounded. It only ended up truly going off once (twice actually, but the second was a false alarm, the monitor had slipped too low to detect the heartbeat) but had he not been wearing it he could have easily passed unnoticed until morning.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
&lt;r&gt;&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Ok, guys, since whatever I say is being met the wrong way and with “bricks walls” that allow nothing I say to go through them, no matter how much sense it may make and some poor info from the “sales man mouth” (CDC) is being applaud to, I figured that trying to prove you guys anything by myself will just be a huge waste of time. Therefore, I opened this specific questions about so-called (by Ari) “safety study” of thymerosol (from the CDC website) on the other forum which is a Vaccination forum and a lot of people there have been researching vaccines in depth for years. I hope they will answer the question to your satisfaction. You may keep checking it throughout the day, as more responses are likely to follow.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt; &lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;URL url="http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?p=10727671#post10727671&lt;/LINK_TEXT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/URL]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/URL&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="yulia;34738"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Ok, guys, since whatever I say is being met the wrong way and with “bricks walls” that allow nothing I say to go through them, no matter how much sense it may make and some poor info from the “sales man mouth” (CDC) is being applaud to, I figured that trying to prove you guys anything by myself will just be a huge waste of time. &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/quote]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;

In your previous post, you clearly said that the horrible experiment with meningitis victims and mercury was the only safety study on thimerosal available. You even repeated this: "&lt;COLOR color="DarkRed"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;My point was that this was the ONLY safety study of thimerosal&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;". This was incorrect, regardless of the way one takes it. The CDC study I quotes is only one of several major studies on the safety of thimerosal. Here's several just from recent issues of the journal of &lt;I&gt;&lt;s&gt;<I>&lt;/s&gt;Pediatrics&lt;e&gt;</I>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/I&gt;: &lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
----------&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
September, 2004: &lt;COLOR color="Navy"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Thimerosal exposure in infants and developmental disorders: A retrospective cohort study in the United Kingdom does not support a causal assocation&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;I&gt;&lt;s&gt;<I>&lt;/s&gt;...Conclusions.&lt;e&gt;</I>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/I&gt; With the possible exception of tics, there was no evidence that thimerosal exposure via DTP/DT vaccines causes neurodevelopmental disorders.&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
-------------&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
September, 2004: &lt;COLOR color="Navy"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Thimerosal-containing vaccines and autistic spectrum disorder: A critical review of published original data&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
...&lt;I&gt;&lt;s&gt;<I>&lt;/s&gt;Conclusions.&lt;e&gt;</I>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/I&gt; Studies do not demonstrate a link between thimerosal-containing vaccines and ASD, and the pharmacokinetics of ethylmercury make such an association less likely. Epidemiologic studies that support a link demonstrated significant design flaws that invalidate their conclusions. Evidence does not support a change in the standard of practice with regard to administration of thimerosal-containing vaccines in areas of the world where they are used.&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
-------&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
November, 2003: &lt;COLOR color="Navy"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Safety of thimerosal-containing vaccines: A two-phased study of computerized health maintenance organization databases&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
...&lt;I&gt;&lt;s&gt;<I>&lt;/s&gt;Conclusions.&lt;e&gt;</I>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/I&gt; No consistent significant associations were found between TCVs and neurodevelopmental outcomes. Conflicting results were found at different HMOs for certain outcomes. For resolving the conflicting findings, studies with uniform neurodevelopmental assessments of children with a range of cumulative thimerosal exposures are needed&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
hmmm Ari: I have a question for you. Is this the same CDC that says that they have no idea if SIDS is related to vaccines, yet then say that their is no correlation. Is this the samw CDC that said that their is no link between autism and vaccines yet awarded a large amount of money to a family because they said the vacicne caused autism in her? Is this the same CDC that is funded by the pharmaceutical companies? Just wondering

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="Kaytee;34765"&gt;&lt;s&gt;
Kaytee said:
&lt;/s&gt;hmmm Ari: I have a question for you. Is this the same CDC that says that they have no idea if SIDS is related to vaccines, yet then say that their is no correlation. Is this the samw CDC that said that their is no link between autism and vaccines yet awarded a large amount of money to a family because they said the vacicne caused autism in her? Is this the same CDC that is funded by the pharmaceutical companies? Just wondering&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;

Kaytee, I'm not a huge fan of the CDC when it comes to vaxes, but I think you are not entirely accurate. &lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
The CDC is funded by the federal government. If you are talking about the Hannah Poling case, the CDC did not say that her autism was caused by a vaccine. Here's a quote by the CDC director in the NY Times when the story broke: &lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
“&lt;COLOR color="Navy"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;That is a complete mischaracterization of the findings of the case and a complete mischaracterization of any of the science that we have at our disposal today.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;” &lt;COLOR color="Black"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
The CDC talks about SIDS and vaccines on the website, but does not say they have no idea if SIDS and vaxes are related but there is no correlation. Instead, the CDC cites studies that show no correlation and provides links. The firmest statements it makes on the subject are "&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;COLOR color="DarkGreen"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;" &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
I have no doubt that the pharmaceutical companies exert too much influence on many aspects of medical regulations and I think the CDC's basic philosophy about childhood illness and vaccines is off-base. But I don't think your statements are correct. If you have information to the contrary, I would be interested in seeing it.&lt;/r&gt;

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Lissa said:
The most horrible things go through your head when you have PPD. I could easily see how someone with PPD could use SIDS as a way to end the torture. I don't want to get too graphic, but it wouldn't be that hard to suffocate an infant leaving no evidence. I know it's sick, but it's true.
Children with SIDS are not suffocated, they just pass away in their sleep. There are no signs of suffocation.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
musicmom said:
Children with SIDS are not suffocated, they just pass away in their sleep. There are no signs of suffocation.
Like I said, it wouldn't be that hard to suffocate a child leaving no evidence behind, leaving it to appear like SIDS.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
LIssa, an autopsy would show suffocation. There are tell tell signs of suffocation. Children that die of SIDS show no known causes.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
musicmom said:
LIssa, an autopsy would show suffocation. There are tell tell signs of suffocation. Children that die of SIDS show no known causes.
Then tell me why they have the rule to not have any blankets, animals, pillows, or anything in the crib?

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
So children do not suffocate themselves. That's not the same thing as SIDS though.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Kaytee said:
hmmm Ari: I have a question for you. Is this the same CDC that says that they have no idea if SIDS is related to vaccines, yet then say that their is no correlation. Is this the samw CDC that said that their is no link between autism and vaccines yet awarded a large amount of money to a family because they said the vacicne caused autism in her? Is this the same CDC that is funded by the pharmaceutical companies? Just wondering
yep, it sure is the same CDC ;) .

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
fallon said:
when did she speak her thoughts though???
sorry, my bad. it still is a great link, but that's what happens when you try to read the link with one kid nursing and the other one is next to you whining over something else. shame on me. now I also think she should be fired and will make sure to call.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I do believe that is VERY possible. I've known too many parents that ALL say the same thing. I've yet to meet a parent that child has autism that is unvax'd.

I'm still for vaxing though.

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
My mother in law and I were just talking about autism and vaxes. She said a lady whom she works with son has autism. It is a mild case but developed it after getting some of him immunizations. I had never heard of that. The lady said it was the mercury in the vax's that did it. Pretty scary to think about.
With that said, all of my girl's are vaxed and I feel better knowing they are.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
maybe I'm misunderstanding...you think Julie Gerberding shouldn't have to step down? where did it say she admitted that there was a link?

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
fallon said:
maybe I'm misunderstanding...you think Julie Gerberding shouldn't have to step down? where did it say she admitted that there was a link?
sorry, my bad. it still is a great link, but that's what happens when you try to read the link with one kid nursing and the other one is next to you whining over something else. shame on me. now I also think she should be fired and will make sure to call.