What if your Child said "Im Gay"...

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
Aunt said:
Well theresa i have to say this is why my religious beleifs have really lapsed. I dont get this mentality at all. To me this defies logic. Murder is a henoius thing. Sloth and lust are a part of the human condition. I always wondered what sort of benevolent and loving god would have such a world view. This essentially means that if ted bundy asked for forgiveness he would go to heaven but if your fat or gay neighbor who is unrepentant is off to hell. I dont get this.
NOT going to get into a theological discussion on this thread. Just going to repeat that I have a gay stepson and a bisexual son, and I love them both just as much as I love my other children/stepchildren. I love them because of who they are, which isn't changed by who they love.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
The extent to which zoosexuality occurs is controversial. Some claims that the human/animal relationship goes far beyond sexuality, and that they are capable of forming a loving relationship with an animal that can frequently last several years and that they do not consider functionally different from any other love/sex relationship.
May 22, 1997 With the airing of the "Ellen" episode in which she comes out as gay, it occurred to me that zoos probably won't have such an episode for at least a couple decades. While it's wonderful to think that someday, being zoo will be no more objectionable to the public than being gay/les/bi is now (not that the gay community has an easy road to begin with) . . .
Zoophilia.net: Beastiality Articles

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Boylovers have not chosen of their free will to become so. It is an attraction most discover within themselves at a very early age. Through no action of their own they find themselves considered horrible and vile. Most people who are attracted to minors try to live good lives, but find no encouragement from a society and a press that labels all people with that attraction, whatever they do or don't do, as evil monsters.
<U>http://boywrite.ivan.net/

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Lissa said:
You're right. You are not hurting anyone. I'm simply saying that allowing humans to be intimate with others <I>outside of the norm</I> opens many doors. That's all.

I never said it was the same thing. Nor do I believe that.
Its only outside the norm to those who are not open to the reality that the world is a constant changing place. Religion, state, politics are not a constant thing, they are always changing, so why cant people accept evertying is changing :confused:

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
It seems to me that child protection laws and regulations have done nothing but get more stringent over time... I just don's see it.

hwnorth

PF Fanatic
Mar 13, 2008
Courtenay BC Canada
PennQuaker09 said:
My point is that, if you're going to make strong assertions and statements as were made, I think you should be able to express them in full sentences with proper grammar. I don't think that is too much to ask. It's not so much the opinion but the lack of caring for the post.

We have a pretty laid back board and I even make typos, but I bet you if I'm going to make a strong statement, I am so going to do it with proper grammar.
Should we have shunned Einstein ? How about Bach ? Why should he be allowed to write and conduct music when he was deaf.

You see Penn, your strengthening my point. You are shunning someone because they arent possibly as educated as you are. Have you ever been shunned because you were "different" ? ... I would think you, off all people would understand this.

So what if, with your child it wasnt a matter of being gay, it was a learning disability that prevented them from spelling effectively .. be dyslexia or whichever... would you shun your child, as you have the other poster ? Its the same mentality

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
OMG about the 2nd cousins! That is CRAZY!

If you marry your 2nd cousin, then your mother in law would be your aunt!

The first woman's parent and the man's grandparent (for example) would be SIBLINGS. That is beyond insane.

Even third cousins... think about it... your GRANDPARENTS WERE SIBLINGS.

I think that's more a case of not enough people in the town if you ask me :confused:

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
Mindy said:
OMG about the 2nd cousins! That is CRAZY!

If you marry your 2nd cousin, then your mother in law would be your aunt!

The first woman's parent and the man's grandparent (for example) would be SIBLINGS. That is beyond insane.

Even third cousins... think about it... your GRANDPARENTS WERE SIBLINGS.

I think that's more a case of not enough people in the town if you ask me :confused:
Not exactly how it works, Mindy. My grandmother's father and my grandfather's mother were cousins....so my grandparents grandfathers were brothers. That's second cousins...for third cousins, your great-grandparents would be siblings.

I'm going to ignore the crazy and insane remarks, other than to say they are NOT appreciated.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Mindy said:
Get back into your glass house Mindy. Stop being so snide and ignorant.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Not exactly how it works, Mindy. My grandmother's father and my grandfather's mother were cousins....so my grandparents grandfathers were brothers. That's second cousins...for third cousins, your great-grandparents would be siblings.

You missed a step here.

If your grandparents grandfathers were brothers, then that is third cousins., not second.

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
Mindy said:

You missed a step here.

If your grandparents grandfathers were brothers, then that is third cousins., not second.
Nope...grandparents are siblings...parents are cousins.....their children, my grandparents are second cousins. Children of first cousins, according to genealogists, are second cousins to each other.

Anyhow...that's on my mother's side. On my father's side, I've discovered that my second husband and I are distant cousins.....my great-great grandmother and his great-great grandfather were half-siblings.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="Teresa;47056"&gt;&lt;s&gt;
Teresa said:
&lt;/s&gt;Nope...grandparents are siblings...parents are cousins.....their children, my grandparents are second cousins. Children of first cousins, according to genealogists, are second cousins to each other.&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
Anyhow...that's on my mother's side. On my father's side, I've discovered that my second husband and I are distant cousins.....my great-great grandmother and his great-great grandfather were half-siblings.&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Arial"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Yes, I study genealogy… you are right, except you missed a whole step, which I’ve added for you.&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Tahoma"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt; &lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Tahoma"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Nope...grandparents are siblings...parents are cousins.....their children, my grandparents are second cousins. Children of first cousins, according to genealogists, are second cousins to each other.&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Tahoma"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt; &lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Tahoma"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Nope...grandparents are siblings...parents are cousins &lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;1st cousins&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;....your parent and their children are &lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;2nd&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt; cousins, your grandparents are &lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;3rd &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;cousins. Children of first cousins, according to genealogists, are THIRD cousins to each other.&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Arial"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt; &lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Arial"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt; &lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Arial"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;1st cousins = both your parents are siblings&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Arial"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;2nd cousins = both your parent and grandparent are siblings&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Arial"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;3rd cousins = both your grandparents were siblings&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Arial"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;4th cousins = both your grandparent and great grandparent were siblings&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;SIZE size="3"&gt;&lt;s&gt;<SIZE size="125">&lt;/s&gt;&lt;FONT font="Arial"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;*both your&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;* indicates both you and your ___ cousin&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
Obviously we get our information from different sources...since I trust mine, I'll stick with what they say...but thnks for the genealogy lesson...us crazy folks can use all the help we can get.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Wow that seemed really unclear, it's hard to show without a tree type thing... let me try again.

Bill and Stella are brother and sister

Bill and Stella each get married and have kids

Bill and Stella's kids (Wade and Heather) are 1st cousins

Wade and Heather's child are 2nd cousins

Wade's child and Heather's child are 3rd cousins.

The bold is the step you missed...