What if your Child said "Im Gay"...

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
No one is attacking you Gothdad. It was as simple question. It is no longer your personal life when you post it on a public forum.

Here is another question for ya. Do you think homosexual want to be homosexual or do you think it is something that comes natural to them?

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
meow_173 said:
I don't think someone can wake up and say i'm going to be gay today. I think its something natural
I completely agree and don't see it as something that someone does just to embarass their family (except perhaps in some isolated cases and that wouldn't truly be homosexuality - that would be rebellion.) In fact, I believe it's something that can be very painful without the support of family and friends.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
HappyMomma said:
I completely agree and don't see it as something that someone does just to embarass their family (except perhaps in some isolated cases and that wouldn't truly be homosexuality - that would be rebellion.) In fact, I believe it's something that can be very painful without the support of family and friends.
I totally agree with you

PennQuaker09

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2007
Durham, NC
Lissa said:
While I do not see homosexuality being the same as beastiality, I do however believe that allowing homosexuals to legally marry opens many doors to some very dangerous things including the same rights for beastiality, polygamy, pedophilia and incestual relationships further down the road. This logic that many can't fathom DOES NOT make me homophobic. So please don't go there.

But why can't Nate and I get married? We're law abiding citizens, we pay our taxes and we have careers that benefit society. As musicmom said, we're not hurting anyone, whereas bestiality, polygamy, and incest all hurt people or things in some way. Like, i think you're a great person, I do, but I don't get the logic in that. We're comparing bestiality (animal cruelty?), pedophilia (against the law), and polygamy/incest (also illegal) to something that people can't help. It's not the same thing.

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
I think you should be able to get married. Letting two humans get married is a little different than allowing inter-species marriage guys, seriously...C'mon.

Personally I think that anyone that is willing to be treated like a second class citizen just to be able to love the person they love probably values marriage a lot more than most "normal" married couples. And they deserve to get married a lot more than these people that abuse the right.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Seriously, I just can't fathom how gay marriage would open the door for acts that specifically hurt people (and animals) without consent.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
PennQuaker09 said:
But why can't Nate and I get married? We're law abiding citizens, we pay our taxes and we have careers that benefit society. As musicmom said, we're not hurting anyone, whereas bestiality, polygamy, and incest all hurt people or things in some way. Like, i think you're a great person, I do, but I don't get the logic in that. We're comparing bestiality (animal cruelty?), pedophilia (against the law), and polygamy/incest (also illegal) to something that people can't help. It's not the same thing.
Thats is what I think too. That argument that people would make against these behaviors would be that they are harmful to others (or animals) in some way and that is why they are illegal, except "Adult" Polygamy. A person sexuality is something a person is born with and it can never be changed (despite wacko religious claims to have cured homosexuality), at least not in the foreseeable future, nor should it changed.

Gothdad

PF Regular
Apr 19, 2008
I was never hurt by any of your comments/posts. I am done with this topic. Not because Im irritated or mad. I guess I think way different than alot of you all. I do respect all of your views (because we're kinda all in the same boat.) Just be aware In future posts, my views and opinions may be a little more grungy than yours. Im all about blood, sweat, and tears. But I always have my familys best interests at heart.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
PennQuaker09 said:
Totally agree 110%

hwnorth

PF Fanatic
Mar 13, 2008
Courtenay BC Canada
Wow ... interesting where this thread has gone ... and that attacks that are being made..

Teresa said:
I would be one of those who believes that homosexual sex is a sin. But, you know what? I commit sins every day, intentionally or unintentionally, so I have no room to stop loving a child of mine just because they are HUMAN, just like me. Knowing that we're all sinners, and that all sins are equal in the eyes of God, why differentiate between the sins?
If you dont differentiate between sins, then your stating that murder ranks up there with homosexuality as a sin ...

PennQuaker09 said:
... However, I don't think you have the right to be insulted. I see that you're only thinking of <I><U>your feelings</U></I>, but his feelings would be paramount....
Spelling mistakes aside, bestiality, underage sex, and drugs have no relation to homosexuality. To be honest, it really pisses me off that you compare being gay to having sex with animals.
What right do any of us have to tell another how they should feel?
Because someone may not be as educated in spelling the English language, does that make their thoughts any less valid?

PennQuaker09 said:
You don't have the right to tell me to grow up. That post was not being mean, but I can be. Take note.

Actually the freedom of speech allows people to speak their mind... so just as you have the right to your speech, as does everyone else. As you have chosen to make comments about his spelling. Why should he have perfect grammar ? Would that not be singling someone out because they do things different than yourself? Hmm that could hold true to being gay, being religious.. etc ... persecution because someone is not like us.

Penn, I have nothing against you... and you wanna get married.. cross the border .. us Canadians accept it... all the power to you. I also see that this is obviously a passionate topic for you and Im trying to point out that as much as your telling someone not to judge... your doing just that yourself.

Aunt said:
If somebody is going to be ridiculous enough to compare Homosexuality woth bestiality or pedophilia then they deserve for such assinine logic to be ridiculed.
Again I ask, what right you or anyone else has to judge this persons ideas or thoughts? If I came into this forum, acting and lashing out like so many are doing here, in the manner you all are doing ... while saying that Christianity was just a cover up for sodomizing catholic priests ..... how long do you think I would survive before I was banned? (Im simply using the above as an example)

Lissa said:
While I do not see homosexuality being the same as beastiality, I do however believe that allowing homosexuals to legally marry opens many doors to some very dangerous things including the same rights for beastiality, polygamy, pedophilia and incestual relationships further down the road. This logic that many can't fathom DOES NOT make me homophobic. So please don't go there.
Not accusation of you being homophobic, but I am VERY curious of your logic and reasoning in gay marriage opening doors for anything else.

musicmom said:
being gay doesn't hurt anyone. Beastiality hurts the animal, polygamy hurts children and can turn into incestual. Pedophilia hurts children. Totally NOT the same as being gay.
I agree 500%.... EXCEPT the part about polygamy. I think peoples "knowledge" of polygamy is due to recent news hype. In the early days of the bible, polygamy was legal. Incest is not an excuse for polygamy, nor is polygamy an excuse for incest. The two co-exist in SOME cases, not all. The general concept of polygamy, swinging, open relationships and most other alternate lifestyles and relationships dont hurt people, as most people go into it with an open mind. Where people get hurt is by the actions of others.
Heres a thought... if gay marriage should be legal, why shouldn't polygamy ?

I think many of you are being very closed minded, as well as very judgmental. Each and every one of us are entitled to our opinion ... some good, some bad... but we are all entitled to it without chance of ridicule.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
How does beastiality hurt animals? How does pedophilia/incest hurt children? Pedophiles are "born" pedophiles and are unable to control their feelings. Same goes for incest and beastiality. You may find it offensive that your neighbor is in love with his pet donkey, but what right do you have to tell him that he can't have a relationship with the love of his life? How about consentual incestual, beastial, and pedophile relationships? We never think about the "other side" of these "absurdities". Who are you (we) to make any determination of what is right and what is wrong, when it comes to "love."

I really didn't want to go there, but I did. So eat it up yall. :p

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Now Lissa, I think you're just being obnoxious intentionally. You're basically saying because the sun rises in the morning, thus people wake up, therefore there are there are Martians planning to take over the planet. :)

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
jtee said:
Now Lissa, I think you're just being obnoxious intentionally. You're basically saying because the sun rises in the morning, thus people wake up, therefore there are there are Martians planning to take over the planet. :)
Please translate. This makes no sense. And I'm not being obnoxious.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Lol Lissa they're gonna contradict the crap out of you. I was thinking something like that, but didn't find it worth the consequences to say. o_O I don't have the energy to keep going about this, but it's almost kind of fun to continue watching what other people say. Anyway that makes a lot of sense to me. :)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
jtee said:
Eh???? Holy crap am I lost.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Xero said:
Lol Lissa they're gonna contradict the crap out of you. I was thinking something like that, but didn't find it worth the consequences to say. o_O I don't have the energy to keep going about this, but it's almost kind of fun to continue watching what other people say. Anyway that makes a lot of sense to me. :)
At least it makes sense to someone other than me! Ugh. I tried getting this point across in another thread but ended up getting b'slapped around so much that it became pointless to even pursue the debate. That's probably what will happen again in this thread. Oh, well. At least when all this sh*t goes down 30-50 years from now I will hopefully be around to say "told you so."

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
jtee said:
I would agree with you in a general way Lissa if I thought homosexuality was a choice and/or homosexuality was harmful. Those other things you listed are choices people make.
How do <I>you</I> know that they are choices? Have you ever been intimate with an animal? A family member? Probably not. So how can you say that it's a choice if you haven't experienced it?

This is not meant to be offensive. Just tell me you see the logic here.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
PennQuaker09 said:
You're right. You are not hurting anyone. I'm simply saying that allowing humans to be intimate with others <I>outside of the norm</I> opens many doors. That's all.

I never said it was the same thing. Nor do I believe that.