what kind of turtle is this?...

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Music-dad said:
The turtles I owned were Painted Turtles, and I played with them everyday.

I can't wait for Mindy to get here...she's has some really awesome stories for you.
LOL, Music-Dad knows how much I love turtles :D

Yeah, I would play with my turtle all the time too, but he wouldn't really play back ;) I figure he was just trying to humour me :)

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Oliver and I took the turtle back to its home this afternoon. We watched it swim off into the river. Oliver was saying "Bye Bye Turtle". lol

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Lissa said:
Oliver and I took the turtle back to its home this afternoon. We watched it swim off into the river. Oliver was saying "Bye Bye Turtle". lol
Yay! That's awesome :) Good lesson for him too.

LOL my goddaughter calls them "tolto" or "totu" when she says it in French, either way it's hard to know what she's saying unless you see it! :)

budnkota

PF Fanatic
Mar 28, 2008
Indiana
my dad used to rescue painted turtles from the busy road behind our place (there was a river on the other side of the road). I'd get to keep them for a few days and then we'd take 'em back to the river. It was very cool as a little kid and I never had any problems with getting sick or anything. You just have to make sure you're washing your hands and stuff - and not letting your kid eat them (it still makes me angry that I couldn't buy those tiny turtles anymore after those kids ate them. I was an adult with no children. I wasn't going to eat the freakin' thing!)

it was in Wisconsin too - painted turtles are pretty common.

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
Lissa said:
Yay, Lissa and Oliver!

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Music-dad, the pic is actually HUGE, but I had to resize it to 19 kb (biggest allowed for attachments) I can't for the life of me figure out how to post it as a huge pic like everyone else does here! Can anyone tell me how? I don't use photobucket... Is that the only way?

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Yah, it worked! Didn't think it had!

So now, musicdad, how do I make it like you did, when you posted pics of Kayleigh and they just appeared as huge pics right in the post?

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Mindy said:
Yah, it worked! Didn't think it had!

So now, musicdad, how do I make it like you did, when you posted pics of Kayleigh and they just appeared as huge pics right in the post?
When posting, click the "insert image" icon (you may get a popup blocker bar, click on it and select "temporarily allow popups") then you need to click the "insert image" icon again and you will see a window pop up, copy the URL of the image and hit enter and it should appear in your posting window, then just "submit" the post...try it, let me know if there are any problems, happy to help.

budnkota

PF Fanatic
Mar 28, 2008
Indiana
ah, Lissa.... you missed the REAL question. Type of turtle is not as important as the burning question presented to me today by my 3-year-old

That question is "Do turtles have butts?"

Deep, right? ;)

budnkota

PF Fanatic
Mar 28, 2008
Indiana
lol. he's big on things pooping. that's frequent car trip conversation.
Do squirrels poop? Yes, Ry.
Do Monkeys poop? yes, they do.
The caterpillars at school pooped! Yeah, I saw that.
Dogs poop and cats poop and chickens... yes, baby. Animals all poop.
Even guinea pigs?

The things that fascinate small children. He'll stop dead in his tracks and announce it to the world if he sees dog poop on the sidewalk (thanks, lazy pet owners!)
He's even plotted taking care of the dog poop when he gets a dog in the distant future. (napkins, he says)

The butt thing is a new development to the equation. Should be interesting to see where he goes with this. goofy kid!