why you SHOULD circumcise...

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
ljmahr said:
I meant if it was like a cultural thing then no one wouldn't have a right to say what is wrong or right about it. I also meant to say that I do NOT see how it is comparable to circ.
You mean you don't think female circumcision is comparable to male circumcision? I do not understand. Are you saying it is ok to circumsize girls in other countries because that's the "thing to do" there?

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
<r><QUOTE author="yulia;56549"><s></s>???? what can be normal about cutting off a healthy body part that has multiple purposes and lack of which compromises the function of the organ??<e></e></COLOR><br/>
<br/>
<COLOR color="maroon"><s></s>With this logic I wonder where a parenting decision stops in your mind and abuse begins?? Cutting off ears?? toes?? Perhaps clitoris and vulva?? I mean what the heck, if 50% of people do that it must be normal, right?! (I’m just making an analogy, imagining a society where around 50% of the people would cut off these body parts from their babies).<e></e></COLOR><e>[/quote]</e></QUOTE>
<br/>
You really think this is abuse? I think abuse is doing something intentionally to hurt someone. Parents who circ. have their child's best interest at heart. How can that be abuse? I could just as easily say I think you are abusing your kids by making them live in a place that is cult-like. You are just crazy to think that is just ludicrous to compare circ to abuse or cutting off ears and toes. BTW if I was doing it for the best interest of my child I would cut all of their ears and toes off.</r>

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
Mindy said:
You mean you don't think female circumcision is comparable to male circumcision? I do not understand. Are you saying it is ok to circumsize girls in other countries because that's the "thing to do" there?
If they have their best interests at heart who are we to say its wrong? I am not saying that it is right to do it as rape or some sort of sexual pleasure thing.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Music-dad said:
I am only asking this out of curiousity, and I tried to find the info myself on the web, to no avail.

It circ. still a part of the Jewish religion?
my baby daddy...soon to be DH (5 days yay) is Jewish but they aren't practicing (his mom is Jewish his dad is catholic so tech. he's Jewish) I believe it is still a part of their religion

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I am so done with all of this!!!!
This two-tiered justice system that punishes those who are not liked, and allow others to ruin the capacity and reputable board that i joined....that i <I>thought</I> i joined a few months ago.
In a few short months i have seen, for example, super mario say whatever he wants with no to no avail, yulia "stirr the pot" with all of her glory and yet fooser gets threatened to be banned again, if he doesn't stop making his jokes. Let's weight that out.....jokes (that no one takes seriously) or someone who constantly causes grief to members. And when i mention that this doesn't make sense i get "Its none of my concern". So i ask you, WHAT IS MY CONCERN??? When does anyone else's say make any difference on this board?
I know i am not the only one who feels this way, but if i have to be the one who says it i'm fine with that. If i become banned or my post deleted because it is not relavent then what does that say? We can say whatever we want so long as it doesn't upset the universal balance of the board....which happens any time a debate happens.

I'm sorry, but SOMETHING needs to get done............The funny thing is....something like this shouldn't bother someone, because its ONLY the internet......but you would think you would be safe from these kinds of things with other like minded parents.....

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
meow_173 said:
LOL what are we???? /Judge and Jury?? Convicted and Concerned??

I'm sorry this whole thing is insane!
this is a warning for you, it is none of your concern what happens between other members and the mods. If you have issues with that we can discuss it privately.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
meow_173 said:
I am so done with all of this!!!!
This two-tiered justice system that punishes those who are not liked, and allow others to ruin the capacity and reputable board that i joined....that i <I>thought</I> i joined a few months ago.
In a few short months i have seen, for example, super mario say whatever he wants with no to no avail, yulia "stirr the pot" with all of her glory and yet fooser gets threatened to be banned again, if he doesn't stop making his jokes. Let's weight that out.....jokes (that no one takes seriously) or someone who constantly causes grief to members. And when i mention that this doesn't make sense i get "Its none of my concern". So i ask you, WHAT IS MY CONCERN??? When does anyone else's say make any difference on this board?
I know i am not the only one who feels this way, but if i have to be the one who says it i'm fine with that. If i become banned or my post deleted because it is not relavent then what does that say? We can say whatever we want so long as it doesn't upset the universal balance of the board....which happens any time a debate happens.

I'm sorry, but SOMETHING needs to get done............The funny thing is....something like this shouldn't bother someone, because its ONLY the internet......but you would think you would be safe from these kinds of things with other like minded parents.....
this is not a debate. What a mod says goes. If that upsets you, I am sorry and you are right this is not the place for you. We handle all cases that we feel go against the beliefs of this board. We enforce the rules. All members are treated equally.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Music-dad said:
I am only asking this out of curiousity, and I tried to find the info myself on the web, to no avail.

It circ. still a part of the Jewish religion?
Absolutely. For over 6000 years now. You CANNOT be a practicing Jew unless you are circ'd. You cannot have a barmitzfah (sp?) unless you are circ'd.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Kaytee said:
this is not a debate. What a mod says goes. If that upsets you, I am sorry and you are right this is not the place for you. We handle all cases that we feel go against the beliefs of this board. We enforce the rules. All members are treated equally.
Unfortunately it is quite apparent "the rules" don't apply to you. Sorry but this forum is kind of turning into a dictatorship.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I'm going to close this thread for a little bit. Please PM me if I can help to sort anything out here. I'll reopen this tonight as long as it goes back on topic it will remain open

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Lissa said:
Unfortunately it is quite apparent "the rules" don't apply to you. Sorry but this forum is kind of turning into a dictatorship.
Lissa, all the moderators are aware of the games that are being played behind the scenes to cause problems, and we are aware of all those who are involved. I understand that this will not make you and others happy as of today.

I think you are a good mom, fun, and interesting person to have part of this parenting forum, but that doesn't mean we shall tolerate activities that you have been apart of. You know exactly what I am talking about just as I do. You'll be at risk of having your access revoked if you choose to continue.

-JTee :)