why you SHOULD circumcise...

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Skyburning said:
No, he's cut. He feels very strongly that it is wrong to make that choice for Nolan. He has no problem doing it if and when Nolan wants to, but he didn't want to mess with what wasn't his. He asked his mother why she had him circ'd (his dad is intact, ironically) and she said the doctor made her feel like she had to.
I asked my mom why she didn't circ my brother (19 mths younger) and she said that when I was born (82) she decided by a doc's actions that she would never do it.

In those days (lol not that long ago) dads didn't come in the delivery room, so right after i was born he was standing outside the door of the room and a doc walked by... he had a baby under his arm, (as per dad) and a scalpel in his hand, walking down the hall, he said to another doctor "one sec, I gotta go cut this kid" then when he passed my dad in the hall he said, "u want yours done too?" and dad said shyly "ummm well I might have done, but she's a GIRL" LOL.

His attitude is pretty well entirely the reason my bro isnt' circ'd.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Holy crap, I just saw Sky's post, quoted it, then noticed all that transpired...

I'm sorry if I hurt anyone, I don't think I personally attacked anyone, everything I said was in the spirit of a joke. Peace. I don't think it's a laughing matter at all... but sometimes... u just have to laugh it off, either that or cry :)

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Mindy, several posts were moved out of the thread because they were off topic. This might make the past two page of posts seem unclear because there are missing comments. As far as I am concerned, you were not involved.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
jtee said:
Fooser, you specifically need to stop stirring up problems in the forum. If you continue we shall revoke your access. If you have any further comments about this matter, you're only permitted to discuss it privately.
I really don't hink that that post is "stirring the pot" I think its foos being fooser. And in all seriousness, does it really offend you THAT much that you need to threaten him with being banned??? Do you not think any posts by yulia on the circ subject is not "stirring the pot?" Yet she has never been banned. I'm just trying to understand the logic in all of this. It seems to me that the term <I>banned</I> has several different meanings yet doesn't apply to everyone.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
meow- it is no concern to you so I suggest you stay away from it and let the mods handle it. thanks

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Teresa said:
Just gonna say that it seems things are changing around here, and not necessarily in a good way. And that's all I have to say about that.
Unfortunately, I agree with Teresa's statement made awhile back.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
I dunno, I like it here... This is the least moderated board I have ever been on, regardless of what the forum is about.

Sometimes we just go too far I think :) :D

I don't think it's a bad thing that we should censor some things, and that we shouldn't be able to say EVERYTHING we want, since we are on a parenting forum.

I can put myself into Yulia's shoes, and it mustn't have been fun to read something she takes sooo seriously being made fun of., and trivialized. So I apologize for my part in all that, even though I was joking for a different reason.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Good morning guys...lets get this thread back on topic and anyone who wishes to talk about these forum issues in more detail can feel free to PM one of the Mods

&lt;3

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Mindy said:
I dunno, I like it here... This is the least moderated board I have ever been on, regardless of what the forum is about.

Sometimes we just go too far I think :) :D

I don't think it's a bad thing that we should censor some things, and that we shouldn't be able to say EVERYTHING we want, since we are on a parenting forum.

I can put myself into Yulia's shoes, and it mustn't have been fun to read something she takes sooo seriously being made fun of., and trivialized. So I apologize for my part in all that, even though I was joking for a different reason.
I seriously doubt there is a single person on this board who would make fun and trivialize female genital mutilation. And you are right, I personally have hard time seeing how a person in right mind can find cutting a part of helpless baby genitals funny, regardless of whether the little being male or female. Genital cutting is genital cutting: disgusting, disturbing and dramatic barbaric practice. Too bad Americans are blinded by double standards to see that the way most of the world does!
, they are as shocked and disgusted about it just as much as Americans about female genital mutilation. They simply can't wrap their mind around parents looking at their perfect whole baby boy and thinking that he needs a 1/3-1/2 of his penis removed...shocking shocking shocking...

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
I personally have hard time seeing how a person in right mind can find cutting a part of helpless baby genitals funny[/quote]

No one finds it funny!

Your downright obsession with it is what is funny.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Too bad Americans are blinded by double standards to see that the way most of the world does! [/quote]

R U D E.

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
Lissa, would you feel ok to cut your daughter's clitoral hood off??? It's the same very tissue as foreskin, after all...[/quote]

If this was normal thing that happens then so be it. I do see how doing this is comparable to circ.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
fallon said:
This Is Not The Debate Section
well, if I remember correctly, this thread was opened in Debate Section since it's a HIGHLY debatable thread...especially it's title with "SHOULD" in cappital letters pushing for genital mutilation (for god's sake) makes it very much of a debate thread...

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="ljmahr;56547"&gt;&lt;s&gt;
ljmahr said:
&lt;/s&gt;If this was normal thing that happens then so be it. I do see how doing this is comparable to circ.&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;???? what can be normal about cutting off a healthy body part that has multiple purposes and lack of which compromises the function of the organ??&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt; &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;With this logic I wonder where a parenting decision stops in your mind and abuse begins?? Cutting off ears?? toes?? Perhaps clitoris and vulva?? I mean what the heck, if 50% of people do that it must be normal, right?! (I’m just making an analogy, imagining a society where around 50% of the people would cut off these body parts from their babies).&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
well, if I remember correctly, this thread was opened in Debate Section since it's a HIGHLY debatable thread...especially it's title with "SHOULD" in cappital letters pushing for genital mutilation (for god's sake) makes it very much of a debate thread...[/quote]
I don't care where it started yulia, this is not the debate section...Your thread about why we shouldn't circ has been going on for quite a while and you can keep your info over there. This thread is for people who want to discuss reasons to circ so if you don't have any I suggest you stay out of it

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
I meant if it was like a cultural thing then no one wouldn't have a right to say what is wrong or right about it. I also meant to say that I do NOT see how it is comparable to circ.