why?...

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
:arghh:
why do babies love the dvd and video cases?
why do 5 yr old frost the bathroom with toothpaste every time the brush?
why is toothpaste so hard to clean?
why do they never stop talking...?
why is the very first time I am about to eat something after feeding them 2 meals and a snack...they want whatever it is I have?
why is the dogs dish so freakin' appealing?

OK rant off :eek: thanks for reading

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
fallon said:
why do babies love the dvd and video cases?
why do 5 yr old frost the bathroom with toothpaste every time the brush?
why is toothpaste so hard to clean?
why do they never stop talking...?
why is the very first time I am about to eat something after feeding them 2 meals and a snack...they want whatever it is I have?

OK rant off :eek: thanks for reading
LOL, those things drive me nuts too. It's like can't I have just one plate of food all to myself???

As for the toothpaste - it is way easier to clean when it is fresh. Keep a container of those lysol wipes under the sink and show her how to wipe down the counter when she is done brushing her teeth. I have Hannah do that, and she does a pretty decent job. Show her how hard it is to clean after it has been sitting there so she knows why it is important to clean it right away. And if you wipe down the bathroom counter every night before you go to bed, it will always look nice, and it only takes 2 seconds.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Hahaha.

Don't you sometimes just want to bang your head against a wall? :arghh:

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
hannah's mommy said:
LOL, those things drive me nuts too. It's like can't I have just one plate of food all to myself???

As for the toothpaste - it is way easier to clean when it is fresh. Keep a container of those lysol wipes under the sink and show her how to wipe down the counter when she is done brushing her teeth. I have Hannah do that, and she does a pretty decent job. Show her how hard it is to clean after it has been sitting there so she knows why it is important to clean it right away. And if you wipe down the bathroom counter every night before you go to bed, it will always look nice, and it only takes 2 seconds.
that's a good idea...it's like she's painting with it in there. Yesterday it was all over the counters, the cupboard doors and the floor. I thought I was going to loss my mind over toothpaste...lol

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Kaytee said:
mmm dog food! That's why Nichole has such a nice shiny coat.. ummm... I mean hair
that's hilarious...the dog has started bringing bits of dog food into the livingroom to share with the baby. I guess she feels she owes him for all the food he shares with her

CJ's mom

PF Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2008
Connecticut
So true..<I>but</I> for the same reason my 2 year old:
*Annoyingly says, "No", and "That's mine!"
*Always feels the urge to pee at the store after just toileting at home!
*Changes his clothes 3-4 times a day by himself!

Oh the list go's on :p

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
15 months old:
1. Fills all the shoes with ABC magnets on the refrigerator.
2. Empty everything out of the drawers over and over and over.
3. Getting hair washed is the end of the world.
4. Throws your food and cup on the floor when he's finished.
5. When mommy is taking a peaceful bubblebath, give her lots of toys to play with.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Lissa said:
15 months old:
1. Fills all the shoes with ABC magnets on the refrigerator.
2. Empty everything out of the drawers over and over and over.
3. Getting hair washed is the end of the world.
4. Throws your food and cup on the floor when he's finished.
5. When mommy is taking a peaceful bubblebath, give her lots of toys to play with.
are you saying you don't enjoy the rubber duckies company during your bath...lol

I would also like to know why the toy at the very bottom of the toy box is always the one they want

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
fallon said:
are you saying you don't enjoy the rubber duckies company during your bath...lol
Its....uh....wonderful he loves to share his bath toys with me. :unsure:

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
fallon said:
LOL.... Yeah. The moment you take something away, or say "No No" it increases their determination know more about it and\or play with it.

I remember we put a bowl of cherios on the floor because it did kind of look like cat food, but the cats wouldn't touch it. Our daughter at the time quickly discover that if the cats didn't want it, and we didn't care, then it wasn't the same things as a real bowl of cat food.

crimson_moon

PF Regular
Jan 22, 2008
TEXAS
fallon said:

I would also like to know why the toy at the very bottom of the toy box is always the one they want
<SIZE size="125">WHY is there NO ANSWER for WHY? Of the many, many things my children of varying ages have done and still do, I find myself pulling my hair out with "why" questions from the kids! I have found that, "why are you asking me so many crazy questions?" worked for a long time until one day my son says to me, "why don't you know anything mommy?" Talk about being brought down a notch. Well, son, it's not that I don't know ANYTHING, it's just that I don't have every single answer for every single question you are asking. :frown: </SIZE>
<SIZE size="125"></SIZE>
<SIZE size="125">My idea of a nice relaxing bath consists of VERY hot water, a glass of wine and some silence. Do I get this, no way... I get in the bath and it suddenly becomes social hour at my house. Despite my thinking that since everyone is preoccupied with something else, now is the perfect time to bathe. Yeah, ok! And despite how hot I make the water, my youngest son who is 4, will STILL come in there, strip down and sit on the side of the tub wanting his feet in my water, but complain about how hot the water is. "Well, son,", I say, "get your feet out of my bath... do I put my feet in your bath?" :swoon: </SIZE>

crimson_moon

PF Regular
Jan 22, 2008
TEXAS
Tell me something else... in preparation of Christmas gifts, I went through the kids' rooms and threw out a lot of stuff. If there wasn't a matching piece or something they didn't play with for a month, it was gone. Yet, somehow, here it is Feb 1st and their rooms are so incredibly cluttered, I can barely walk in there. HOW did they manage to get so much stuff back in there? Santa Clause did NOT bring that much!

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Tell me something else... in preparation of Christmas gifts, I went through the kids' rooms and threw out a lot of stuff. If there wasn't a matching piece or something they didn't play with for a month, it was gone. Yet, somehow, here it is Feb 1st and their rooms are so incredibly cluttered, I can barely walk in there. HOW did they manage to get so much stuff back in there? Santa Clause did NOT bring that much! [/B][/quote]
same here...we do this like 3 times a yr...things stay straight and neat for all of....oh a week or so :confused:

crimson_moon

PF Regular
Jan 22, 2008
TEXAS
YEAH... I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN! Don't know how many you have... but um, I have this problem magnified 3x!!! Seems that MY room is the only one that stays 1/2 way walkable and I spend a lot of time reminding the kids that it's MY room and that they don't have toy boxes in my room!

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Here's a good Why question -

Why are there icicles in my toilet???

Is it my child's fault, as one might think? No, of course not.

Hannah was talking a bath, and Mike was getting ready to leave. He pulled some gigantic icicles off of the front porch and was teasing her that he was going to put them in the bathtub. They started to melt, so instead of taking them back outside, of course it is logical to put the icicles in the toilet???

So I either need to remove them or else wait for them to melt before we can flush the toilet, and of course it is the main bathroom we use.

It's not just kids that are frustrating!

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
no it isn't...I actually told Ryan if the garbage hadn't been taken out this morning I was going to leave him...lol