why?...

EHB

PF Enthusiast
Jan 24, 2008
California and New Jersey
fallon said:
:arghh:
why do babies love the dvd and video cases?
Because they have pretty colored pictures on them!!
why do 5 yr old frost the bathroom with toothpaste every time the brush?
It reminds them of how much fun it is to play in the falling snow.

why is toothpaste so hard to clean?
How else would Proctor and Gamble get you to buy their junk?

why do they never stop talking...?
Give them a break. They only just discovered that they can and that you'll listen and that if you don't listen, they can get louder and louder and it will get your attention! :D

why is the very first time I am about to eat something after feeding them 2 meals and a snack...they want whatever it is I have?
So now you want to eat too? My aren't you being a bit demanding? I thought the universe revolved around our kids' wants, needs and desires. It doesn't? Someone ought to tell them that.

why is the dogs dish so freakin' appealing?
Know of a quicker way to freak mom out?

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I want to know what all the shreds of toilet paper on the bathroom floor are for? What do they do with them?

Why they scream and yell but when I find five minutes of quiet alone time to be on the computer they sneak up behind me and say "MOM!" and scare the hell out of me?

Why is there always someone starring at me when I am trying to pee? Three children and two dogs. WTF?

When you want their attention all you have to do is pick up the phone and pretend you are talking on it.

Why is it that in the middle of a kick butt dream you get waken by "mommy, I had a bad dream" and they can NEVER remember what it's about, and you can't get back to sleep for an hour?

What's the fasination with boxes? Any box. They head straight for the markers and fight for who's box it is.

Why do dogs lay at the bottom of your computer chair? Do they know you will fall over them? Do they lie there purposely passing gas thinking "ok this sht is going to be funny"

I really don't understand why they cut the cord if they are ON me 24/7. I back up and one is there. If I'm on the computer, one is there. If I sit down to watch a tv show (I usually can get in five straight minutes before I get a request) I end up watching Hannah Montana. Then they leave and for some odd reason I find that I am watching it all by myself.

Have you ever caught yourself saying "poopy" to another adult or picking lint off of them or letting them know they have something on their face or wondering why other parents allow their children to stand up in the carts at stores?

Ok I better stop...........My brain hurts.....all I want really is to pee all by myself one time or take a bath one time with NO interuptions.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I can totally relate...I sometimes find that the disney channel is still on an hour after the kids have gone down

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
The sad part is sometimes you catch yourself smiling and think "what in the hell am I smiling for" and realize your retarded and change the channel quickly. hahaha

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Why do dogs lay at the bottom of your computer chair? Do they know you will fall over them? Do they lie there purposely passing gas thinking "ok this sht is going to be funny"
my flippen dogs do this too!!

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
You forgot one.

Why is it they dont' want anything to do with you until you need to use the restroom, and they come to the door and watch?

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Amber said:
You forgot one.

Why is it they dont' want anything to do with you until you need to use the restroom, and they come to the door and watch?
I've given up on ever going to the bathroom alone again...lol

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Sadly, so have I. Cameron is at the age he has to be where you can't see him to get dressed and stuff, very needy of his privacy. But he's the worst at it.

Also, why do children insist on continuing with "mom? Mom? Mom? Mom?" until you say "What" even though you're looking right at them and they know your listening?? Another thing my son is notorious for.

hawtmama

PF Enthusiast
Jan 13, 2008
AZ
After reading all this, I'm appreciating more and more the fact that my baby can only crawl for right now!

And once he's down for bed, I can read and take a hot bath for as long as I want :p

Here are my two worst rants though...
-why does it seem like he's finished pooping until I change his diaper, and then he starts to poop some more?...even in the middle of the diaper change sometimes -- EWW!

-why does he insist on putting everything in his mouth <I>EXCEPT</I> the teething toys that are meant to be chewed on? :arghh:

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
The naps are how I survived the first few years with them. I had all three on a schedule and I got in a good hour and a half.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
musicmom said:
The naps are how I survived the first few years with them. I had all three on a schedule and I got in a good hour and a half.
must be nice, my dd lost her last nap a few months ago

aliinnc

PF Fanatic
Jan 10, 2008
Raleigh NC
We actually had a preschool teacher who told him that I didn't want him to bring home any more rocks! I was livid! Big fat liar! Why would she think that was any of her business?
:arghh:
Sorry, minor rant!
Ali

EHB

PF Enthusiast
Jan 24, 2008
California and New Jersey
I wanna know why my darling 7 yo daughter thinks nagging me is the way to get me to change my mind! She does this even though the older kids repeatedly tell her to stop doing it because "mother does not change her mind." LOL She is a determined young lady. Now if I could just focus that determination into her school and homework....

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Why does my son only care about holidays?

Everyday it seems like he needs to know how many days are left until Easter, his birthday, Halloween, Christmas or Valentine's. That's the first thing he asks when we pick him up from Pre-School!

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Why does my two year old think she needs to do EVERYTHING by herlself! All I hear all day is "I do it myself"