why?...

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
Why does my 1 yr old already know how to throw herself down on the ground and kick her feet when things don't go her way?

Why does she throw herself back when I'm picking her up from something she's not supposed to be into and turn herself into a pretzel?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
no, it drives me nuts! She wants to do things that she cannot do! Like tying laces, and such

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
jrrsmom said:
Why does my 1 yr old already know how to throw herself down on the ground and kick her feet when things don't go her way?

Why does she throw herself back when I'm picking her up from something she's not supposed to be into and turn herself into a pretzel?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
I have been wondering this myself :confused:

jrrsmom said:
Why does my house look like Toy R Us exploded in it?
it really is amazing isn't it....they are so little but they can make such a huge mess

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
fallon said:
I have been wondering this myself :confused:

it really is amazing isn't it....they are so little but they can make such a huge mess
Oh and what the heck is up with her squealing and crying all the time now? She won't eat half of her food, she won't drink her milk and she turns sideways in the high chair and whines! OMG it is irritating!:arghh:

It's like 1 turned her into a totally different kid! She used to be a huge eater. Now I'm lucky if she takes 5 bites.

Why? Why is my child a totally different kid?!?!?!?

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
jrrsmom said:
Why does my house look like Toy R Us exploded in it?

I'm just glad Bradley is old enough to clean up after himself.

Every day when he plays, he dumps out ALL his toys....all over his room. ALL his star wars, ALL his superheros, ALL his transformers...etc...

I just look in there, and shake my head, but he's happy and he's the one who cleans it up everyday, so it doesn't bother me :)

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Kaytee said:
Why does my two year old think she needs to do EVERYTHING by herlself! All I hear all day is "I do it myself"
That's great. Our daughter did that too. Might take her 10 minutes to do something we could do for her in 10 seconds, but she wanted to do it herself. :)

BethInAK

PF Enthusiast
Feb 17, 2008
Anchorage, AK
Because she's one.
Monk started that right about 12 months too.
He's beyond tantrums now at 2 3/4 but it took a LONG time.
Patience grasshopper.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
jtee said:
That's great. Our daughter did that too. Might take her 10 minutes to do something we could do for her in 10 seconds, but she wanted to do it herself. :)
its not great when she really physically cannot do it yet. Things like climbing into her carseat! She 2 fet tall and its in a pick up truck!!!

Why did she go 4 days with no accidents and then poop in her undies yesterday?!!!

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Why does he always ask to "just look" at the toys when we go to Walmart...but then when we go lto ook, he starts asking me why we can't buy one.

I fall into that trap all the time!