Breast feeding pictures....

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Do you think they are in bad taste or is it no big deal to you? My bestfriend and I do not see eye to eye on this (it's no big deal we were just talking). I told her that I just personally don't like to see some other woman's boobies, I don't care how natural it is. So what's your opinion?<EMOJI seq="1f615">:confused:</EMOJI>

SammiesMom

PF Regular
Dec 12, 2007
Niles, OH
For me, personally... I feel completely awkward when I see it, and I never did it... But I do think it's totally natural and I don't think it's a big deal.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
I always think it's uncomfortable watching it in public. Especially in busy places like the zoo. It just seems like a private thing.

Can't they just pump it into a bottle, and feed them that in public?

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
FooserX said:
Can't they just pump it into a bottle, and feed them that in public?
That was my preference. I never felt comfortable in public but I don't have a problem with other women doing it in public.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I always went into a dressing room to feed my babies. I also feel awkward when a woman is doing that. There was another forum I used to go to but these woman used to post pics of themselves breastfeeding their babies in their signatures. Some would even post pictures of their deceased children (infants). I mentioned that it was disturbing and heartbreaking to see those pictures and OMG I was tore up one side and down the other. What else are you supposed to feel when you see a dead infant?

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Why would women post pics of themselves nursing???

I thought Lissa was weird with her pics, but that takes the cake!

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
It means stop being jealous of Lissa!

We're all parents here just trying to survive. Life is too short.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
What in the hell are you talking about? I've only been on this board less then a week. I don't even know Lissa to be envious. *starting to think you're nuts*

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
<I>Can't they just pump it into a bottle, and feed them that in public?</I>

My youngest NEVER took a bottle, no matter what we tried. Besides the fact that I could never pump more than 2 oz. at a time. Pumping and feeding with a bottle isn't always an option.

I have no problems with BF pics or BF in public, but I do think some women could be more discreet. I always tried to find a private or semi private spot to nurse and used nursing tops or a nursing blanket to cover up.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
SammiesMom said:
haha. I don't know what's going on, but it sure is fun to read. hahaha
hahaha Try being me, I have no idea what he's talking about. It's fun for me to see him argue with himself....:goofy:

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Trina said:
<I>Can't they just pump it into a bottle, and feed them that in public?</I>

My youngest NEVER took a bottle, no matter what we tried. Besides the fact that I could never pump more than 2 oz. at a time. Pumping and feeding with a bottle isn't always an option.

I have no problems with BF pics or BF in public, but I do think some women could be more discreet. I always tried to find a private or semi private spot to nurse and used nursing tops or a nursing blanket to cover up.
My daughter had the opposite problem, she couldn't latch on but she could take a bottle of my milk. It was so frustrating.