Breast feeding pictures....

TAR

PF Fanatic
May 30, 2007
NM
As long as they are doing it in a manner that is as privte as they can I have no problem with it in public.. but I have see some women that would not be covered and just take the baby off and you can see everything (and they don't even care about covering up). Now pictures, I don't think they are needed, if they absoultely want one then maybe just one in a baby book but not in a family album that you show to guests in your home.

>musicmom said that some moms were posting their pictures of decesed infants in an other forum, No thats not right - My first child was stillborn, I don't believe in taking pictures of anyone who is decesed. When the hospital wanted to take the pic, I said no. I also didn't take any personal pictures, She will always be remembered but we don't need a picture to remember her

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
There's an ad in Parenting Magazine every month that is selling these breastfeeding bras. I think they call it something a little more dainty though.

It's like a sportsbra, with a hole cut out for feeding. That way you don't have to expose yourself to the world. I guess you could cut a whole in your own sportsbra and save money.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
FooserX said:
There's an ad in Parenting Magazine every month that is selling these breastfeeding bras. I think they call it something a little more dainty though.

It's like a sportsbra, with a hole cut out for feeding. That way you don't have to expose yourself to the world. I guess you could cut a whole in your own sportsbra and save money.

Yes, they're called nursing bras, and some are more bother than helpful. LOL! I liked using a simple nursing bra with nursing tops/dresses. They enabled me to BF discreetly. Motherwear.com has some nice stuff.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
TAR said:
Lmao... I guess you could

That way it would be more unique fitting too.

I mean...girls have nipples of all sizes and locations. Some are perky and point up, some are droopy and point down. Some to the left...and some to the right...

sorry...ahem...

What would a girl do, if their nipples didn't fit their ordered bra? I can just imagine them playing and twisting it to get it into the hole. Maybe that is why this ad is in the back of the magazine next instead of having a full page ad in the front.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
You ever wonder why men have nipples? Exactly what purpose do they serve? Pacifying?

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
:confused:</EMOJI> [/B][/quote]
personally it isn't something I would have done professionally, maybe snap shots at home (I don't breast feed so take this for what it's worth) but I would show them to others. However I have a problem with others who do it (professional breast feeding pics I mean)

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
FooserX said:
That way it would be more unique fitting too.

I mean...girls have nipples of all sizes and locations. Some are perky and point up, some are droopy and point down. Some to the left...and some to the right...

sorry...ahem...

What would a girl do, if their nipples didn't fit their ordered bra? I can just imagine them playing and twisting it to get it into the hole. Maybe that is why this ad is in the back of the magazine next instead of having a full page ad in the front.
Men shouldn't talk about things they know nothing about. The nursing bra's are made so the whole breast is exposed. They have great support. It doesn't matter what type of breasts a woman has.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
well well well this is an interesting topic that I missed and I will do my best to make this short! lol well you all know me, rarely short!!

First breastfeeding to me is the ONLY option available first. If a woman tries and fails because of lack of education or lack or support or whatever but TRIED, then and only then do I feel formula is acceptable. Of course the same with adopted children and all that. There is a serious need for formula in the world but MOST babies should not ever have to have the need for it. (always exceptions to the rule so don't jump down my throat because you tried and failed, that is totally different then not trying at all) Extended nursing to me is a personal preference so...
Now in public, 98% of all woman who breastfeed will do it discreatly. Very few want the world to see their nipples. I nursed in public in many many places and rarely did I ever get funny looks or expose myself completley. sure few woman will expose themselves freely but it is not the norm.
My daughter NEVER took a bottle, would scream and scream if I tried. Looking back I don't even know why I tried as hard as I did, there was no need for it. Anyways, I refused to feed my daughter in a dressing room or bathroom, for heavens sake I don't want to eat my McDonalds in the bathroom I am not makeing my 6 month old!! Now if other woman want to do that, well thats their right
Nursing bras are fine in the begining but it became just as easy to nurse in anything I was wearing including bridesmaids dresses. You learn lol.

(ok waiting for the backlash)

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Kaytee said:
First breastfeeding to me is the ONLY option available first. If a woman tries and fails because of lack of education or lack or support or whatever but TRIED, then and only then do I feel formula is acceptable. Of course the same with adopted children and all that. There is a serious need for formula in the world but MOST babies should not ever have to have the need for it.
I agree with you 100% on this issue. I regret having to stop BF at 3 weeks. I really would have liked to do it a lot longer. But I was forced to choose between nursing and my sanity. I chose my sanity. It was so depressing to quit because I really enjoyed it. :(

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Kaytee said:
well well well this is an interesting topic that I missed and I will do my best to make this short! lol well you all know me, rarely short!!

First breastfeeding to me is the ONLY option available first. If a woman tries and fails because of lack of education or lack or support or whatever but TRIED, then and only then do I feel formula is acceptable. Of course the same with adopted children and all that. There is a serious need for formula in the world but MOST babies should not ever have to have the need for it. (always exceptions to the rule so don't jump down my throat because you tried and failed, that is totally different then not trying at all) Extended nursing to me is a personal preference so...
Now in public, 98% of all woman who breastfeed will do it discreatly. Very few want the world to see their nipples. I nursed in public in many many places and rarely did I ever get funny looks or expose myself completley. sure few woman will expose themselves freely but it is not the norm.
My daughter NEVER took a bottle, would scream and scream if I tried. Looking back I don't even know why I tried as hard as I did, there was no need for it. Anyways, I refused to feed my daughter in a dressing room or bathroom, for heavens sake I don't want to eat my McDonalds in the bathroom I am not makeing my 6 month old!! Now if other woman want to do that, well thats their right
Nursing bras are fine in the begining but it became just as easy to nurse in anything I was wearing including bridesmaids dresses. You learn lol.

(ok waiting for the backlash)
while I agree with you 100% I have to say you didn't say how you feel about BFing pics...that's what the thread was really about it just kinda went off on a different road...lol

evilbrent

PF Addict
Sep 4, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
FooserX said:
I always think it's uncomfortable watching it in public. Especially in busy places like the zoo. It just seems like a private thing.

Can't they just pump it into a bottle, and feed them that in public?
Can't you just blend all your lunch - your sandwiches, fruit, drink - into one big disgusting bag of goop and suck that down in your lunch break? All that chewing and biting you do drives me crazy, it seems like you should do all that biological stuff in private.

evilbrent

PF Addict
Sep 4, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I think everyone feels a bit confronted by public breasfeeding - we have these imprenetrable barriers set up around nudity taboos, despite the fact that almost all our TV, magazines and billboards are hell-bent on pushing through those very barriers are far as legally possible.

There's something dissonant about a woman whipping out her bosom in a public place and latching a newborn onto it.

Having said that: I beleive that this dissonance is the Public's problem, not the Mother's.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
evilbrent said:
I think everyone feels a bit confronted by public breasfeeding - we have these imprenetrable barriers set up around nudity taboos, despite the fact that almost all our TV, magazines and billboards are hell-bent on pushing through those very barriers are far as legally possible.

There's something dissonant about a woman whipping out her bosom in a public place and latching a newborn onto it.

Having said that: I beleive that this dissonance is the Public's problem, not the Mother's.
amen! Why is it ok for a woman to parade around wearing shorts that barely cover her front and sure don't cover much cheek in the back, and a teeny tiny little string bikini that only covers teh nipples is ok, but heaven forbid a woman feeds her child on a bench in a public park? I mean geez the baby's head cover more of the womans breast then the bikini would.
It seems that more people are disconcerned over "what they are doing under that blanket" then mostly naked woman.

Fallon-- about the public pics- yes you are right I forgot to say that part, I didn't want to respond to every poster before the end so when I tried the lump answer I forgot the original. lol

Anyways, they bother me in the least! I wish more woman would do it and post it whereever I want. Not because I want to see it, but because the more people see it the more it becomes the norm. Breastfeeding is the normal way to feed a child. Bottles with formula (even the name is not apealing) is manufactured by drug companies who only want to make money. My breastmilk never got recalled for having metal shavings in it, or not enough vitamins it, or for heaving rat droppings in it. Oh and don't forget the legal amount of bug pieces that are allowed in it. Powder formula (which most people use) is not even a sterile product. Thats just not right

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
TAR said:
As long as they are doing it in a manner that is as privte as they can I have no problem with it in public.. but I have see some women that would not be covered and just take the baby off and you can see everything (and they don't even care about covering up). Now pictures, I don't think they are needed, if they absoultely want one then maybe just one in a baby book but not in a family album that you show to guests in your home.

&gt;musicmom said that some moms were posting their pictures of decesed infants in an other forum, No thats not right - My first child was stillborn, I don't believe in taking pictures of anyone who is decesed. When the hospital wanted to take the pic, I said no. I also didn't take any personal pictures, She will always be remembered but we don't need a picture to remember her
I am so sorry for your loss. God Bless her. ^i^

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I don't believe that woman MUST bf their babies and if they don't well then they are just pure evil. Again, I will have to agree to disagree. I also do not believe in bf your child after a year old. But again, that's MY opinion.
Don't we all eat things that could possibly have bugs in it? Plus....I'm sure you've had worse things in your own mouth then bugs!!!! lol

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I never said woman who do not choose to breastfeed are evil. I do think it is a bad parenting decision. A bad decision does not equate a bad parent. I just don't see why someone would not want to give their child the best infant nutrition and choose inferior products for their child. Doesn't make sense to me.

About after a year- I also think that is a personal choice but I would love to hear your reasons for why it is wrong. (will start a new debate, this one is already crazy! lol

Sure I may have had worse things in my mouth, but why put it there when you know it is there. It's kinda like parents who freak out if their child's toy falls on the ground when they are 6 or 7 weeks old, so they hav eto go wash it, but then give their child factory made infant food. I always felt I should do the best I could for my child. The best I could do was to breastfeed.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I understand where you are coming from. I bf and I was the first one to pick up that toy from the floor and put it away. Heck, you had to wash your hands when you came to visit or if you wanted to hold my babies. haha I was a freak. But I wouldn't down someone for not having my same views...well maybe on the picking crap up from the floor ;)
My view on the age is (a year old).......it doesn't look good in probably the majority of the people's eyes. A child's body can take regular milk by that age (average child). Nutritionally they should be on food and don't really need the nourishment of breast milk. I don't think breast milk or a breast should be used as a pacifier for a child and when they are past a year old that's about all it is. (again that's MY opinion)

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
don't worry, I won't hate you for your opinion lol.

True most children can handle food by 12 months, but the milk part is actually being proven that cows milk is not good for a person. think of it this way, why is it ok to drink breast milk from a cow and not a person? Cows milk is for um... cows! lol And don't get me wrong there, I love cows milk.

In the second year (12-23 months), 448 mL of breastmilk provides:

* 29% of energy requirements
* 43% of protein requirements
* 36% of calcium requirements
* 75% of vitamin A requirements
* 76% of folate requirements
* 94% of vitamin B12 requirements
* 60% of vitamin C requirements

thats an awefully goog multivitamen huh?