Breast feeding pictures....

evilbrent

PF Addict
Sep 4, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
huh?

i don't know anyone like that. in australia the women just breast feed if they want to or don't if they don't.

I've never heard of a man yelling at his wife for breastfeeding and I'd be upset to see it happen.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
evilbrent said:
huh?

i don't know anyone like that. in australia the women just breast feed if they want to or don't if they don't.

I've never heard of a man yelling at his wife for breastfeeding and I'd be upset to see it happen.
I think that's a bit extreme. Peeing is natural but I wouldn't do it in front of anyone....well.....unless I was REALLY drunk and then I guess I wouldn't care!! lmao<EMOJI seq="1f609">:wink:</EMOJI>

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
99% of breastfeeding mothers do not blatently throw their breasts out for the world to see. Tehy casually lift, lower or unbotton the top o the shirt and stick baby on, the breast is visible for 30 seconds if that!!! Besides the true problem lies with breastfeeding is not accepted in the US (except on-line lol) its not what they are doing in public that causes problems its what they do with those sexual objects called breasts!

My husband was uncomfortable with breastfeeding in public the first few times, not because my breast was being shown or that heaven forbid I give my child the perfect nutrition, he was nervous that I was nervous. He soon learned that once I was comfortbale with nursing in general I could do it anywhere and rarely did we get looks or comments.

If I have to leave public to feed my child, then so should bottle feeders. Heck at least mine is real and not a fake boob with fake milk

MichaelseBiz

Dec 17, 2007
Just north of Baltimore, MD
Yes Kaytee and that brings up another point.

<U>Natural Breast Feeding vs. Unatural Bottle Feeding</U>

I have 5 children and because of extenuating circumstances, only the first was naturally fed whereas the last 4 had to be bottle fed so I've seen the incredible difference each of these practices can &amp; most likely will produce.

Back in the beginning of time when God created human-kind, He designed our bodies to eat the nutrients He provided us with in natural foods. So therefore, a baby or newborn child who sucks on his own mother's natural breast milk is more likely to receive those natural God-given nutrients.

On the other hand, a child who is fed man-made nutrients that come in those infant formulas are not getting the proper nutrients to support their growing bodies.

I'm interested to hear what others think about what I just said...?

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I agree with you personally. And I am sorry that some of your children had to be bottle fed, but that is why we created formula. Not replace mothers milk but to be there to sustain a child if mothers milk is not available.

MichaelseBiz

Dec 17, 2007
:wink:
Thank you for the kind reply Kaytee and I hope more of you decide to join this conversation because the more people who are able to share their thoughts, the more information we're all going to get out of this.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
well both my children have been formula feed, and while I wish I had been able to BF it wasn't an option for me...I will say that they are both very strong and very healthy and I'm not at all worried about their growing bodies ;)

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
that is very good that they tolerated the formula well. And reasons such as yours are the reason formula was made

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
if they hadn't I would have went with the milk bank...some parents won't consider that or even know it's avail, to many people struggle, changing formula all the time and just making things worse...those are the babies that need the donated milk most IMO

MichaelseBiz

Dec 17, 2007

Very good Fallon,

I know there are some exceptions to the rule but the majority percentage of children who are formula fed could have, in some way developed better, faster or stronger if they had been breast fed.

Since this topic of conversation is of interest to me, I've went &amp; built a new page on my site to cover it more extensively.

That page is called " and you're more than welcome to have a look.

****please contact poster if interested****

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
fallon said:
if they hadn't I would have went with the milk bank...some parents won't consider that or even know it's avail, to many people struggle, changing formula all the time and just making things worse...those are the babies that need the donated milk most IMO
if only it wasn't so expensive. Also with donor milkit is steralised and many of the good things are killed. Still better then formula as far as nutrition, but its so out of the average persons limit ya know.

There are milk shares available that are for free. you have to either know the person or pay for the testing of the milk periodliclly to check for things like HIV/AIDS drugs and such. That is the type of thing I would attempt to do if I had to.

If someone is on medicaid, there child automatically is covered for free donor milk if they are are preemies. So that is something to consider as well, of course I wouldn't want anyone to have a preemie

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
MichaelseBiz said:

Very good Fallon,

I know there are some exceptions to the rule but the majority percentage of children who are formula fed could have, in some way developed better, faster or stronger if they had been breast fed.

Since this topic of conversation is of interest to me, I've went &amp; built a new page on my site to cover it more extensively.

That page is called " and you're more than welcome to have a look.

****please contact poster if interested****
as much as I agree with your opinion here, I can't allow other sites to be spammed on here. once you are an active member we will then decide whether you can spam you site. thanks

jenilouise

PF Addict
Oct 20, 2007
Oregon
I fully support moms who want to have breastfeeding pics. I run a board for AP moms and we have a thread devoted to sharing pics if that is what they choose to do. All of the ones I have seen are tasteful and beautiful. I have breastfeeding pics but I don't share mine. I am also an extended breastfeeder. I have gotten remarks but I have never once flashed my breasts in public (even though Natalia is determined to make me do so LOL.) It's the knowing what I am doing under the blanket bothering them. As for those people- too bad. My baby needs to eat and I'll be more than happy to feed her in the bathroom when they take their dinner and eat it in there.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
it is what you are doing under there more then anyhting else. Its so sad and I agree with you. I don't regrett one day that I nursed Nichole even if she was 22 months when we weaned

evilbrent

PF Addict
Sep 4, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Our Managing Director once brought her 1 month old daughter to the annual senior-management meeting and breast-fed her under a blanket at the forum table.

Every single other person in the room was male.

I have to admit, I think it made everyone uncomfortable, but she seemed fine with it so that made it easier on the rest of us. Honestly, it was pretty confronting - in SUCH a formal setting - to have her breastfeeding at the same time as she was going over sales strategies and planning.

I can totally get where people are coming from when they feel uncomfortable seeing people feed in public.

It just highlights the point I always make: yes, there is some dissonance here, some uncomfortableness, but it's the PUBLIC's problem to deal with that emotion, not the breast feeding mother. We've pushed parenting so far into the background in our society(s) that the least we can do is politely carry on as normal when some poor sleep deprived mother attempts to nourish her child at a restaraunt.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
its because breasts are for sex ONLY in the US. The more mothers that nurse in public and act like that lady, comfortable, the more and more people will become used to it