Breast feeding pictures....

jenilouise

PF Addict
Oct 20, 2007
Oregon
evilbrent said:
Our Managing Director once brought her 1 month old daughter to the annual senior-management meeting and breast-fed her under a blanket at the forum table.

Every single other person in the room was male.

I have to admit, I think it made everyone uncomfortable, but she seemed fine with it so that made it easier on the rest of us. Honestly, it was pretty confronting - in SUCH a formal setting - to have her breastfeeding at the same time as she was going over sales strategies and planning.

I can totally get where people are coming from when they feel uncomfortable seeing people feed in public.

It just highlights the point I always make: yes, there is some dissonance here, some uncomfortableness, but it's the PUBLIC's problem to deal with that emotion, not the breast feeding mother. We've pushed parenting so far into the background in our society(s) that the least we can do is politely carry on as normal when some poor sleep deprived mother attempts to nourish her child at a restaraunt.

Thank you thank you. The rudest comment I ever got was from a lady in a restaurant when I had just gotten out of the hospital. Josephine was 2 days old. Seriously no-one saw anything but she was so horrified by what i was doing under the blanket.

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
:confused:</EMOJI> [/B][/quote]

No big deal. If anything, I am glad to see women breastfeeding. It should be the norm in the US, so I hope people see and become more comfortable with images of breastfeeding women.

I'm also fine with breastfeeding in public. I don't think a woman should be forced by societal pressure to nurse in a separate room (especially a public bathroom) or pump and use a bottle. If people in the US can agree that breast milk is best for babies, then I think they need to accept the fact that women actually have to breastfeed to give the babies the milk. :rolleyes: And since babies don't read schedules, they might have to be feed in public. There's not obscene or sexual about a mother feeding her child, and I hope more people in the US start to agree with this.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
well said Ari. unfortunately woman in the US(not all obviously) think that Breast is best, but formula is really good too! NOt true but...

mis1022

Jan 24, 2008
Well you are saying you are seeing boobies, that I disagree with. I nursed my dd everywhere and you would not know what I was doing because I was always completely covered with a blanket over her and me. I was at my sis-in-law graduation and in the row next to me a lady had her shirt completely open and an older child nursing without any kind of cover, I don't want to see that.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
it doesn't matter how old the child is and where they are nursing. I don't care how much breast is showing when she is nursing as well.
Blankets only work for newborns anyways. There would have been no way my child at 8 month slet alone at 22 months would have let me cover her head with a blanket.
Now I personally did not nurse in public after about 18 months only because if we were out and about, Nichole was too busy to want to nurse.