Circumcision Info!...

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
fallon said:
Yulia...while I understand that you would feel this way about his post if you made it known that are problems I think he has the right to ask the question
perhaps you're right, but definitely not in the way he did.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
yulia said:
perhaps you're right, but definitely not in the way he did.
I get that...and I agree. Fooser tends to be a little harsh sometimes, over time though you'll see it's part of the reason he's so loved around here

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
fallon said:
I get that...and I agree. Fooser tends to be a little harsh sometimes, over time though you'll see it's part of the reason he's so loved around here
very true

maybe we should have kicked him long ago!! lol nah. We love our Fooser

PreSchool Mama

PF Enthusiast
Jan 14, 2008
FooserX said:
You said you might be getting a divorce...

Does it have anything to do with you being so completely obsessed to an unhealthy degree with the male penis?

I can just imagine your husband sitting down to have dinner with you, and just ask he begins to talk about his day, you interrogate him on why he's not a real man because he's circumsized.

Are you pressuring him to get a circumcision restoration???
Why is this thread not on the Hot Topics list anymore? it's the hottest thread around here. It's beginning to feel like home. So comfy....

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
PreSchool Mama said:
Why is this thread not on the Hot Topics list anymore? it's the hottest thread around here. It's beginning to feel like home. So comfy....
maybe I should just post
bump
bump
bump
bump
till it becomes one ;) ?

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
That video you put on the other post, that's exactly what I saw happen to my son. I hated seeing that. They should have had a consultation to let me know exactly what they do, it probably would have changed my mind just showing me a video like that.

But you are wrong saying there are no benefits to circumcision (I posted them in another post).

Ok totally over the whole circumcision post.

*yawning*

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
musicmom said:
That video you put on the other post, that's exactly what I saw happen to my son. I hated seeing that. They should have had a consultation to let me know exactly what they do, it probably would have changed my mind just showing me a video like that.
I'm so sorry, mama :( :( :(

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
It's ok now. I'm glad its done but as I said before I don't think I'd do it again if I had a boy. His father would have to drug me and pry him from my passed out arms.
My stomach is still sick from seeing that. Going to bed now. *queezy*

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I KNEW I'D HAVE NIGHTMARES!! Thanks alot Yulia! It brought it all back up seeing my son. That'a all I dreamt about. :(

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
<r><QUOTE author="musicmom;25163"><s>
musicmom said:
</s><B><s></s>I KNEW I'D HAVE NIGHTMARES!! Thanks alot Yulia! It brought it all back up seeing my son. That'a all I dreamt about.<e></e></B><e>
</e></QUOTE>
<br/>
&lt;COLOR color="black"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;I'm very very sorry you are going through so much pain:(. I can only imagine how much pain and nightmare you are going through:(. &lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;SIZE size="4"&gt;&lt;s&gt;<SIZE size="150">&lt;/s&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt; &lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;While I always could watch different stuff on discovery health channel, watching circumcision was such a shock and a very deep trauma for me. I nearly fainted, I was sobbing, shaking and weak in my legs for hours afterwards, this is the most horrific thing I've seen in my life. I can NOT imagine in my most horrible nightmare to see your own child going through this. I’m so so so very very sorry:(. I’m crying as I’m writing this, mama:(.&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;I have NO IDEA how doctors can get away with this, they have to be in prison for torturing babies/sexually abusing them like this! That is WHY I'm so very passionate about this.&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;SIZE size="4"&gt;&lt;s&gt;<SIZE size="150">&lt;/s&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt; &lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Doctors NEVER tell parents about the procedure or show them the video or even discuss not immediate consequences/bleeding (they never tell parents about long term consequences like painful erections, sores on the glans due to urine and other environmental things exposure, buried penis, etc) . Why would they? If they do, I bet they will lose most (if not all) income from this surgery plus many doctors will lose much as $250 per foreskin selling it to cosmetic companies (market of foreskin is a billion dollar market. It is widely used for testing by cosmetic companies and also is an ingredient in some cosmetic products and therefore, there is a NUGE demand for neonatal foreskins).&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;No matter how painful it is though, parents HAVE to know the truth, there is NO way to stop genital mutilation without education. Probably a good 98% of parents don’t even bother to watch what was done to their child, thinking that this is just a little snip. They have to know the truth to spare their future sons, but they also have to know the truth to discuss it with their circ’d sons when they are older, so they will know better and will not cut their perfect whole baby, just because the daddy is (“like daddy” is a #1 reason for circ in the US; the very same logic that makes African women cut their girls).&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;SIZE size="4"&gt;&lt;s&gt;<SIZE size="150">&lt;/s&gt;&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt; ), but this is rather unusual that they didn’t get fired for that. &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt; .&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;I wish you healing from this definite deep trauma. Be gentle to yourself, you have no way of knowing, you were trusting doctors to know best and to do what's best for your child; they failed. &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Mothers Who Observed Circumcision &lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;URL url="&lt;/s&gt;http://www.circumcision.org/mothers.htm&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/URL]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/URL&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/B]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I'm not real sure as far as cosmetic lines using it in products. If you have info on that, I'd like to see it. I was a make up artist for years and went to several schools and never heard that. I've heard tons of rumors about other things but not baby forskin.

I don't think I need to talk about it as long as I don't have to sit here and watch the video and relive it over and over ;)

I do see the benefits in circumcision as I said before and agree that it can be done (didn't say should) but there needs to be a more humane way to do it.

I asked if I could watch and they said "are you sure" I said "yes I've seen medical procedures done, watched births, even seen amputee surgery" so I walked in with no problem. Once I saw the clamps clamping his foreskin and I heard his scream I thought "holy sht!" and I looked around waiting to see faces looking like this isn't supposed to happen. But nope, they kept torturing him. I thought I was going to faint and felt helpless because I knew at that point I could not take him from them in the middle of the process so I told them I had to go out. I sat in a chair right outside the room because as a mother I couldn't leave him totally alone (his dad was in there) and I just cried and cried and cried and felt so sick to my stomach. I remember making sure there was a garbage by me just in case.
When they brought him out I was so friggen mad. I was mad at my husband for acting like it HAD to be done, I was mad at the staff for not telling me, I was mad that they didn't use anything to numb him first.
If they used novacaine where he wouldn't have felt it I probably would have been fine. But NOT the way they did it. (great now you have me crying) I have to go hug my son..........:(

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I think the part about "throwing it in the trash" is a bit over dramatized. What else would you do with it? Take it home and have a ceremony? If I had to have a hysterectomy I wouldn't want to take home my uterus. Know what I mean. So that was a bit much.
I hate that I did it, I wish that I had more info on it at the time. I wouldn't go preaching to others and shove it down their throats. I would tell my story and let them make their choice. I might even ask they watch the video first. That would change alot of minds. But how can they understand if they haven't held their own child yet? I think they do it so fast so there is no real major connection. What parent would wnat to hear their child cry like that.??

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
heres a patent for using foreskin
http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/5358752-description.html[/url]

I tried to find some info on the foreskin and cosmetics, but I don't have a lot of time and lot of it is from anti-circ sites. Its better to get info from neutral sites but..
The "Foreskin Harvesting" Industry

Circumcision originated for the express purpose of depriving a man of the incredible sexual pleasure his foreskin was designed to produce. Despite the slight-of-hand attempts doctors make at confusing the issue with medical myths and lies, circumcision continues to be done for precisely this reason.

There's also another much bigger issue at work. If it were any other kind of operation, doctors would be scrutinized and called to task for their actions. The reason why doctors' motives are not questioned in this case, is because of the tremendous amounts of money at stake. The foreskin resale industry is a multi-billion dollar a year business. Everyone from the doctor to the hospital to the biotech businesses to the government is profiting from the sale of amputated infant foreskins.

The force currently driving the circumcision machinery is an insidious one. MONEY. The numbers of dollars involved are staggering, and this financial force is one which is providing the funds to continue the spread of medical propaganda advocating circumcision.

A number of high-tech businesses know unequivocally that infant foreskin is extraordinarily unique. Companies such as Apligraf, Advanced Tissue Sciences, BioSurface Technology, Ortec International, and Organogenisis (and many others) are huge purchasers of infant foreskin tissue.

The May 1998 issue of Business Week provided a glimpse into this sadistic industry. "One piece of foreskin can produce four acres of engineered skin". Skin that sells for more than $3,000.00 a square foot! The February 1998 issue of Wired magazine quotes one of these companies, "The cells from a single foreskin can produce 200,000 units of manufactured skin". "That's enough skin to cover about 250 people."

Other companies also know the value of infant foreskin. Cosmetics companies, such as Estee Lauder, Helene Curtis, and Mary Kay Cosmetics, use babies' foreskins in their test laboratories.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Nguyen et al., U.S. Pat. No. 5,017,397, disclose methods for the extraction of antioxidants from the Labiatae family of domestic spices including rosemary and sage

This is a spice.