dad swears at toddler...

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Geez, Lissa... that's horrible! It's heartbreaking to watch what kind of an effect words like those will have on a child that means the world to us.

That was yet another reason, my ex is gone. I could not sit by and let his anger shape my daughter's future.

Good letter! Stand you ground and YOU GO GIRL!

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
musicmom said:
Lissa just make sure when you ask him to leave the house that Oliver does not hear you. When my children grew older and heard me telling their dad that he had to leave it would cause them alot of grief. Just so Oliver doesn't think it's his fault or his behavior that is causing daddy to leave. He will eventually catch on and a child never wants their father to leave no matter what they did.
Of course. It would definitely be a private thing.

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Unacceptable. I am probably one of the biggest advocates you will ever meet against swearing in front of children, and this isn't your average inter-conversation trash talk, this is trash talk fuel by anger, the absolute worst kind. Poor Oliver is just learning the art of verbal communication and this should not be tolerated in any way shape or form.

Simply discusting!, if he ever did that in front of my child, I would tear him several new ones.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
LOL @ music dad. Down boy!

It's good to see a guy think that way. What do you do when you see that in public?

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
I immediately remove my dd from the situation, or if I can't, I make them feel like schmucks. (politely)

I have left 10 minutes after arriving for Thanksgiving dinner, due to swearing.

My rule: "If you can't control your language in front of my child, my child will not be in front of you"

They learned.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I leave places as well. My mother, sister and brother all talk crap because I will leave after they start talking like there are no children around.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
I admit I've slipped the sh and f word a few times, but I'm getting better. I think that's a lot different than directing the vulgarity at a child.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Lissa said:
He said to Oliver this morning that he (Oliver) was trying to make daddy kill himself. :(
IMO, this is a much more serious situation than vulgar language. Children at this age are so very literal and that statement is just plain damaging to his self esteem and image.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
HappyMomma said:
IMO, this is a much more serious situation than vulgar language. Children at this age are so very literal and that statement is just plain damaging to his self esteem and image.
I agree 100%.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
I agree with you. I need to watch my tongue. I only slip up when I hurt myself then I sometimes let out a loud f***. Gotta stop that. I know. At least I'm working on it.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Well, he read the message. Now I'm just waiting for a response. I can pretty much predict it's going to be another apology. I'm sick of apologies. CHANGE YOUR WAYS!!!

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Do you think it would be wrong of me to make a list of rules and put them on the refrigerator?

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Lissa said:
Do you think it would be wrong of me to make a list of rules and put them on the refrigerator?

Ss if he doesn't get enough nagging, now they'd be up on the fridge forever...

I'm sure that would go over real well! lol