dad swears at toddler...

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
I'm undecided on the rules idea. What would hubby do when O is 3 and yells a stream of cuss words at him? I tend to say God damn it too much and I've heard Bubba make the same noise when he's frustrated. Ugghh. That's awful. It might take him hearing it straight from O to GET IT.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I don't think I would do that just yet Lissa to be honest. I'd talk with him and let it go for now. There will be plenty of time to post house rules. You will only make your marriage harder.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
Lissa said:
Yeah, but telling his son that he's making him want to commit suicide?
IMO Oliver is not fully understanding what Dad is saying. That doesn't make it ok but it does give you time to work TOGETHER and fix negitive talk like that. In the long run it will really mess with Olivers head.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Thank you for all your responses. I'm having a really tough time here, not just with my husband's attitude towards Oliver but also his attitude towards me. Again, thanks for your input.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Sounds like there's deep problems, and all these things are just surface issues.

Sorry your husband is being an ass.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
I'm sorry being married with children sucks so much sometimes. I love you and I think your a great lady. Thank you for mowing the lawn...my a$$ is too fat to push the mower. ;)

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Lissa said:
Thank you for all your responses. I'm having a really tough time here, not just with my husband's attitude towards Oliver but also his attitude towards me. Again, thanks for your input.
Remember as well that the behaviour of your husband towards you... is the model to Oliver of how to treat women in his life.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
HappyMomma said:
Remember as well that the behaviour of your husband towards you... is the model to Oliver of how to treat women in his life.

No kidding! No wonder Oliver walks all over you :p Where'd he learn that from?

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
You all are exactly right. If I ever found out Oliver was treating another girl the way he treats me, I'd be very disappointed.

We have couples counseling scheduled for this Thursday. Hopefully that will be more productive than the last time.

He never responded to my message. When I got home he didn't want to talk about it. Says he was just joking around this morning. I said that was no excuse and that Oliver doesn't understand scarcasm.

I told him that sometimes he doesn't act like he loves me or Oliver and he said the feeling was mutual. That I just don't get because I do EVERYTHING for this man. I make his appointments. I cover him up when he's cold. I treat him like a BABY. Maybe that is my fault. So now I have two babies. He doesn't do anything for me. He doesn't treat me like a lady. He has very little respect and no sort of romance inside him and ZERO patience for anything or anybody. I hate trashing my husband, but he's a very selfish person. And I hate saying that but it's true. He always shifts the blame to me. He's very good at making me feel like I'm the guilty party. That's not fair. And it hurts. There is only so much I can give. I give and give and give. And he takes and takes and takes. And what do I get in return? An impatient, lazy, selfish, jealous, cold, insulting and controlling husband. So now I'm rambling. I'm sorry.

Nothing was productive today other than I made a counseling appointment for us.

I think I might puke now.