Do Your Kids Have Behavior Problems, Too?...

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
he always knew where you were, every second every day, you just had to open your heart to him (of course that is true with me as well, and everyone else that hasn't found them.)

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I think a mod took it off. This person has only posted once so it looked like spamming.

SuperMario

Banned
Aug 14, 2007
Well considering homosexuals were seen as bad and wrong. Now they are not. In the bible it says if a man lay with another man let him be stricken down. Or something of that nature.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
SuperMario said:
Well considering homosexuals were seen as bad and wrong. Now they are not. In the bible it says if a man lay with another man let him be stricken down. Or something of that nature.
Yes it does SuperMario but why is it wrong??? Because they can not pro-create.

Pretty simple huh? If you read the whole bible you will read that. I don't mean that as an insult.....I mean alot of people quote from the bible or know some of the stories but if they would take the time to read it or passage search they would know more about it. :p

PennQuaker09

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2007
Durham, NC
musicmom said:
I know where you guys are coming from. I questioned the snot out of the bible, I had a wall up because NO ONE could PROVE that anything in it was real. Still can't.............but.........that's ok because, HE will find you. You don't have to be searching or going to churches or doing good deeds. God or your higher power whoever that is will find you.
I was never lost myself, I was on a search to be proven wrong or right about religion or "god" I was VERY defensive in hopes someone would say something that might make sense but they didn't.
Then...........in an odd way Gods grace found me. If you are open to it, it'll come to you. I believe that.
Amen.

SuperMario

Banned
Aug 14, 2007
It ISN'T wrong. There is nothing wrong with it at all. Besides idiotic views and beliefs.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
SuperMario said:
It ISN'T wrong. There is nothing wrong with it at all. Besides idiotic views and beliefs.
It must be hard to live with so much hatred inside. When I didn't understand it all I was very defensive inside.

SuperMario

Banned
Aug 14, 2007
I understand it and I have every reason to have anger inside for other reasons I will not mention here. But in all honesty in real life I have no anger. It is just the internet gives me a place to vent and I do not mean to vent on you just on the whole idea of homosexuality being wrong. Remember you really do not know me as I really do not know you.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
musicmom said:

Pretty simple huh? If you read the whole bible you will read that. I don't mean that as an insult.....I mean alot of people quote from the bible or know some of the stories but if they would take the time to read it or passage search they would know more about it. :p
and who was this letter written to in the bible? (not directed to Music) it was directed to a town were people were so far lost and astray that that this was a plea for them to start acting better. They were a town full of hypocrits. They were drunks, rapists, murderers. This whole letter in the bible was to get them to open their eyes, have children, and praise the one and only God.

stepmommy0221

PF Enthusiast
Nov 13, 2007
montreal, quebec
I might sound redundant...but why bring religion into your child's behavior problem?
I have a certain view on raising children and certain ideas, and if you'll allow a few moments to deviate from the religion reference, I will gladly share my pompous views LOL
A new born human child or toddler shares similar learning habits with the rest of the animal kingdom. Just like a puppy or a kitten, if you do not train a baby during their formative years, then you are going to have a very hard time playing catch up when they are older. You know the saying "you can't teach an old dog new tricks?"...well it makes sense even for us humans. If you do not stimulate a child when they are still young (under 2 let's say for argument's sake) then you are going to have an even steeper mountain to climb the older they get. When we are babies, before learning to speak or think on our own, our brain is like a big sponge. We also mimic everything around us. The type of daily stimulation will predispose us in our futur behavior. When it comes to disciplining a child with behavior problems, there is no right or wrong way to do it. Some parents choose the consequence way, others choose the positive reinforcement way. Every child is different in their personalities so it's pretty much trial and error. There's nothing wrong with punishing a child. And in punishment, I am not refering to locking them up in their room or beating them black and blue. I am referring to general-ish type of punishment in your daily routine. If your child has scheduled activites and its something they look forward to on a weekly or daily basis, what's wrong with witholding that priviledge of they misbehave? What's wrong with sending your child to sleep earlier because they failed to do such and such thing? One major "punishment" that worked very well in my family had to do with how we ate at the table. After a certain age, if we didn't eat properly at the table, if we interupted too much, or chewed with our mouth opened or left our elbows on the table, guess what it meant for us? We had to leave the table and come back AFTER everyone was finished and eat alone. How many times did you think that happened? For me, it happened twice...my brother once. Also, at a restaurant, same rules applied. My cousin got sent to the car because he was misbehaving at the table. He never, with us, did it again. Yes, your child might hate you AT THAT MOMENT, but before doing it again, he/she will think long and hard at the memory of how bad they felt. Did my parents/grandparents/unlces/aunts raise a hand to us? NO. Did we need therapy for the rest of our lives because we had a flaw pointed out to us and rectified? NO. If a child misbehaves, again, depending on their personalities, well, adjust your punishment styles. Children, like puppies and kittens, might go into a corner and whine for a while, but if you only start teaching them that it's wrong when they are already an active member in your community...that's wrong.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
SuperMario said:
I understand it and I have every reason to have anger inside for other reasons I will not mention here. But in all honesty in real life I have no anger. It is just the internet gives me a place to vent and I do not mean to vent on you just on the whole idea of homosexuality being wrong. Remember you really do not know me as I really do not know you.
true.;)

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Kaytee said:
and who was this letter written to in the bible? (not directed to Music) it was directed to a town were people were so far lost and astray that that this was a plea for them to start acting better. They were a town full of hypocrits. They were drunks, rapists, murderers. This whole letter in the bible was to get them to open their eyes, have children, and praise the one and only God.
nicely put. :GEEK:

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
musicmom said:

Well then please tell me that you have only had sex with your husband once for each child you had? Right? Cuz sex isn't meant to be enjoyed, it's only to procreate. That's why gays are bad ya know.

I don't consider the Bible worth reading. I believe in God. The Bible was written by MEN. SINNERS. Just like us. It is their interpretation of what God would want us to do. But how could they know? I believe God would want us to treat others the way we want to be treated, and that makes him happy. I believe when God sees Christians judging people and doing "God's work" he looks down in disapproval. Judge not lest ye be judged.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Yes I was. Of course it's not written in the Bible, but it's most definitely implied as you stated yourself in this thread.