Do Your Kids Have Behavior Problems, Too?...

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
musicmom said:
I'll have to call her later and ask her how she likes the new Chinese resturant. lol I so can not see them eating there. They are country to the hill now.
Ok, don't call her yet.:laugh: She's liable to think you're crazy. He just got home, said that was in Crossville. I mixed 'em up.:laugh:

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
lol I didn't call her. Too funny. She would have thought I was nuts or wondering why I'm spying on her. I didn't think they would have a Chinese place there. It is really small. All I know is there is an old store on the corner to into her town and that's right off of I75

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
:biglaugh: I always get them two confused. We drive to the Paris/Camden exit a lot because my children's father lives in Arkansas. I get to see the exit signs to both Cookeville and Crossville a lot.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
musicmom said:
I'm not sure of the exact verse but I will find it if you want. The ONLY reason they interpret gays as wrong "two men should not lie down together" is because two men can not procreate. I was not being sarcastic. This is why homosexuality was looked at as a sin.
As a Christian I am still confused as to stories in the good book. This is why I take classes to understand better. I also know that the bible can be interpreted into other points of views.
The bible was written by his disciples and yes any other person besides Christ himself are sinners this is the reason he died for us so that we may still enter the kingdom of heaven.
I have sinned and I know I will sin again, I know I will be forgiven. I do my best to be a good person/Christian.
I believe people are responsible for their actions. I do not think we are puppets and God controls everything we do. We were given free will. It's a choice what you do in life but if things are not going well then you are fighting against what "he" has planned for you.
It doesn't matter who you are, what you are...HE has happiness waiting for you, if you fight against it you are only making yourself miserable.
Great post, I agree.

Chris Abraham

Jan 22, 2008
The "spare the rod" verse provided specific instruction for a specific time, which was a very looong time ago. Undisciplined children are beasts to be around and parents do their children an incredible disservice by not disciplining. However, we don't have to physically whack our kids to discipline them. Absolutely discipline your child but do remember that spanking is not the only option.

SalesMom

Mar 12, 2008
I found the best way to deal with behavioral problems is through positive reinforcement. I never yell, hit, spank, or punish. This only increases behavioral problems. When I was a kid, my parents did this to me, and is screwed me up pretty badly. I'll admit, I got most of my parenting advice from my husband. He is the best dad around. He spends constant time with the kids, and is a very loving, caring, and wonderful figurehead. Any sort of physical punishment will lead to more behavioral problems.