*facepalm*...

Cop2be

PF Fiend
May 28, 2009
Denver, Colorado 3oh3! <3
My grandmother is fine, she just needs to stop enabling.

I have my own life but when I go and visit or when he comes to me with his issues then I give my input.

I'm being asked to lie to my grandmother about his shenanigans, kinda makes me involved.

He'd have say over a lot living with me. Just he'd have to work and no girlfriends over who throw up and pass out because they are so drunk.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Okay Cop2be, I understand you are an adult who should be able to make her own decisions, but I have decided that I don't like what you are doing, so I am going to take it upon myself to change that.

Starting next week you are living under my roof, because it is my roof you have to follow my rules.

I'm going to pick your clothes out for you and you will wear what I choose, that should be good enough because, after all, clothes are clothes.

I am free to pick any career path I want for you.

I don't want you to have sex in my house, even though you are an adult, so I will ban your boyfriend. In fact, he just can't be your boyfriend because I don't like him because he got a DUI once.

None of your friends can come over either, no real reason, I just don't like 20 year olds. They're loud.

So, you will be on my doorstep this time next week so I can take over your adult life, right? ;)

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
Is that an open offer? I think I can handle those rules, and I'd gladly trade an Alaskan winter for an Australian summer right about now.

Cop2be

PF Fiend
May 28, 2009
cybele said:
Okay Cop2be, I understand you are an adult who should be able to make her own decisions, but I have decided that I don't like what you are doing, so I am going to take it upon myself to change that.

Starting next week you are living under my roof, because it is my roof you have to follow my rules.

I'm going to pick your clothes out for you and you will wear what I choose, that should be good enough because, after all, clothes are clothes.

I don't want you to have sex in my house, even though you are an adult, so I will ban your boyfriend. In fact, he just can't be your boyfriend because I don't like him because he got a DUI once.

None of your friends can come over either, no real reason, I just don't like 20 year olds. They're loud.

So, you will be on my doorstep this time next week so I can take over your adult life, right? ;)
As long as I can have a pet kangaroo and name him sprinkles and ride him everywhere.
Can I call you mum too?

Omg no bills!!!!!!!!

Crikey!!!

Cop2be

PF Fiend
May 28, 2009
cybele said:

And I never mentioned anything about going that far.

My only stipulations would be he'd have to be working and paying for his stuff.
And no illegal activities in my house, like underage friends smoking or drinking.
And if someone couldn't respect my house ie his girlfriend coming over plastered and hitting and throwing up and passing out then they wouldn't be allowed over. If I had a roommate doing that crap I'd kick them out.

I wouldn't control his clothes, his career or anything like that.

My boyfriend and I are both hardworking people, were playing video games now and about to take the dog for a walk, which I'm not too thrilled cause it way too cold. In the teens here.

We keep stuff clean, pay for our own stuff, and we are pretty much laid back.

If we did live there, you'd hardly know we were there, we'd be so quiet, things would be clean, super clean and it's be like having invisible rent paying, house cleaning fairies who didn't really exist.

With my brother you'd be kept up till 4am with his loud ass friends and drunk every night girlfriend.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
I know you didn't mention anything about clothing, I did, my house can have different rules to yours, for example, I have now decided that in my house no one can use thd word "chair" because I don't like the way that word sounds. Also, clothing seems to be a sore spot for you, so I decided to throw the topic in and see what came out.

You did, however, say that you will find your brother a full time job and he will have to work at it, and for many people a full time job does turn into a career, so I thought that one was relevant.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Also, see above, I banned your boyfriend under the "I just decided that I don't like him" house rule. So he can't play my video games.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Cop2be said:
As long as I can have a pet kangaroo and name him sprinkles and ride him everywhere.
Can I call you mum too?

Omg no bills!!!!!!!!

Crikey!!!
That's really inappropriate, I don't want to see anything else like that again please.

And you wonder why people question your maturity.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Tip: Mum and Mom are pronounced the exact same way, it's just different spelling, like jail/gaol, color/colour and criticise/critisize.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
Cop2be said:
I've thought for a long time that I need to get my brother out of there or he's going to end up just like my mom. A lazy leech and drain on society.
How did you avoid becoming that?

Cop2be said:
He could have a girlfriend spend the night as long as she was a decent, drama free person who treated the house with respect and was at least 18-20 years old. I wouldn't be allowing him to set himself up for statutory rape, age of consent in Colorado is 17.
Check age difference exceptions. An 18 year old sleeping with a 16 year old is not statutory rape. The law makers aren't that stupid.

Cop2be said:
his ass would get a job and pay for his own crap and he'd be taking some classes.
How will his ass do a job without the rest of him? Oh wait... I guess that's some sort of slang. Someone is trying to sound tough...

Will you buy him a car? Because according to you in your old posts, that is a prerequisite for getting a job and going to classes.

Cop2be said:
DB doesn't want to see Matt end up like his did when he was that age, he says my brother and him were both the same at that age.
Well, your boyfriend couldn't have turned out that bad, or are you dating a lazy leech and a drain on society?

PS: I can't be bothered to go count it now, but it would be interesting to see how many times you've used phrases like "he needs to...", "She needs to...", "he/she has to...", "he/she should/shouldn't...", etc. When will you realize that you can only control yourself and your own decisions?

Cop2be

PF Fiend
May 28, 2009
I avoided that by taking life by the balls, developing a great relationship and getting the hell out of hell....

My boyfriend has done a lot to teach me a lot about life.

Oh btw anyone see the movie Ted, just watched it, bet movie ever.

Last edited:

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
You know what? You should go into politics. You have a gift for reinterpreting what you said when the previous meaning doesn't suit you anymore, and for only answering the questions you want to answer.

Consider it. You could have a brilliant career.

Cop2be

PF Fiend
May 28, 2009
singledad said:
You know what? You should go into politics. You have a gift for reinterpreting what you said when the previous meaning doesn't suit you anymore, and for only answering the questions you want to answer.

Consider it. You could have a brilliant career.
You forgot deny deny deny. 'Merica!

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
Can I call you mum too?

Omg no bills!!!!!!!!

Crikey!!!
Oh btw anyone see the movie Ted, just watched it, bet movie ever.
You forgot deny deny deny. 'Merica!
I see you've just decided to be intentionally immature now.

And where are you going to find a kangaroo, come on.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
She was making jokes about Cybele being from Australia. In which case, kangaroos are actually everywhere as far as I have heard.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Well, where I live they are everywhere, only small grey ones though, but I do live semi-rural.

For the big red ones, well, you have to go out to the big red.

Wouldn't advise riding either one of them, you would just squish the grey ones, and the red ones do have a habit of killing people.

And yes, I have seen Ted. I have to admit, I thought something coming from the creators of Family Guy would be a little bit more clever than just sex and drug jokes over and over and over. Found it quite disappointing really, I like a bit of offensive humour every now and then, and man did that movie fail at that.