*facepalm*...

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Yeah, look, I don't take massive offense because I live and work in a tourist town and I get much worse from the daily tour bus groups (I will never understand why there are people who think that walking into a florist and asking staff "Did a dingo eat your baby?" is appropriate behaviour) and generally the Australian culture is to be laid back when someone is taking the piss, but it gets old, fast.

Think about it, if you were trying to get a point through to me, and my response was "Haha redneck supersize McDonalds cowboys" would you be a little peeved?

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
I give up. It is impossible to give you advice. :arghh:

Come back and ask again when you've grown up enough to start listening. Frankly, you're acting like a typical know-it-all teenager and it's getting old. And you're too old to act like that.

Neway

PF Regular
Oct 19, 2012
Australia
akmom said:
Hopefully no one comes to this thread looking for encouragement.
Well I'm finding it encouraging, encouraging to know that there's a kid out there with a more judgemental attitude than my kid :eek:

Mom2all

PF Fiend
Nov 25, 2009
Eastern North Carolina, USA
cybele said:
and asking staff "Did a dingo eat your baby?"
Kinda embarrassed about this.. but the other night at work a man called wanting me to do something about some coyotes he'd seen in the woods. Not being agressive... just being in their habitat. No amount of talking to him could convince him we shouldn't put a hunting party together to kill them all before they acted out their sinister intentions. :rolleyes: Why coyotes had every one in dispatch that night asking each other if a dingo ate their baby.. I don't know.. but it did. :eek: I think its because you guys sound really cool and thats the only phrase we all know! Imitation is the biggest form of flattery.. perhaps we just need a new phrase! :D