I cannot force myself to do it....

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
ElliottCarasDad said:
I dont know why, but I cant read that without laughing :D

...maybe because I had to "sling my hook" until morning on occasion.
With me slinging my hook meant the garden shed, a right arse in the winter!

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
lol

I think we all pretty much agree with that way of thinking, Jeremy. It's sad that this kid's mom can't think more like that.

SteveD2009

Jul 15, 2009
Perhaps if you're that independent it is time to find your own place to live. What's stopping you? Could it be that you've become accustomed to the finer things in life? Or is it that your mom really is your friend and that is what you can't force yourself to separate from? Friends are hard to come by. Don't waste the most precious one you have. It's obvious that she loves you dearly.

kayacamilla

Oct 26, 2009
United States, WV
Hi there,

I understand that you love your mom, it's just that she is being so protective and a little bit possessive about you. I feel for you :) But then for as long as you live with your parents, you have to follow the rules :) Sounds unfair, right? But that the way it is :) However, I may suggest that you try to approach your mom in the most gentle manner. Tell her that you are matured enough to have your own privacy :) Assure her that you won't upset her, and if ever you will upset her, unintentionally, tell her, you are so willing to face any of her punishment. Now, if that doesn't sound great for your mom, then you have to patient until the right time that you can already move out, and be so independent to live all by yourself. You know, we can't have everything we wanted in life :) That's why there's a word, patience, and sacrifice. Remember, you have to obey the rules of your Master. Since you are still living in with your mom, then she will be your master.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
kayacamilla, that is good advice. :) But please make sure that the last post date of every thread you post in is no older than 30 days before posting. This is pretty old, and we try to keep the new topics from getting bumped to the bottom. Check out our guidelines. :)

http://www.parentingforums.org/f17/rules-guidelines-read-before-posting-7179.html[/URL]

Thank you!!