I'm never eating again!...

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
Jester said:
Well lots of kids say things they probably shouldn't, it happens, it's normal. So do "special needs" people, Lissa handled it well.
I didn't say otherwise. I wasn't there how could I judge Lissa reaction. I "may" have handled it differently who knows.

Lissa is not fat and from the pics I've seen she doesn't look pregnant. She looks like a beautiful princess and I <3 her. (not balls)

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
1dayatatime said:
I didn't say otherwise. I wasn't there how could I judge Lissa reaction. I "may" have handled it differently who knows.

Lissa is not fat and from the pics I've seen she doesn't look pregnant. She looks like a beautiful princess and I <3 her. (not balls)
Muah! <3

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Lissa said:
This woman was visibly mentally handicap. That's why I didn't complain about her. I think it's great that special needs people can get jobs. She is a very nice woman, just sometimes overly talkative.
I think you handled yourself just fine. For heavens sake the person was mentally disabled. It still sucks and I am sure it did not make your day at.
It actually happened to my sister in law once. She has lost a ton of weight (diabetic) and is down to like a size 10, so not too bad anymore. Well she was out and a lady asked her how for along she was. She was so embrarressed by it that she just liked and said 4 months.

Again I am so sorry she said it, but at least someone who is slightly behind is bale to have a job

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
Apparently the low income people that work at Wal Mart who should go back on welfare (I'm sure it has better benefits anyways) have second jobs at my mall. It's grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
Ouch! That sucks, Lissa, and I've had it happen to me. And, no, the person who said something to me didn't have any sort of special needs. Sounds like you handled it well. Now it's time to forget...*fires that memory erase thing from Men in Black* *fires it at self to erase the similar horrible memory*

Ah, much better! ;)

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Yeah, Lissa I think you handled it well. Mentally handicap people have lower inhibitions about saying what they think\feel. Sometimes they say things most people wouldn't say, but they also can say some very nice things too.

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
Yep, there are a bunch of mental midgets there but it is no different than any other place that pays seven bucks an hour. There are always exceptions to the rule, but they seem few and far between. How times have you said to yourself "how freaking hard it is to take a burger order and fill it properly?" The answer is pretty damn hard for hell of a lot of people.

I've actually had multiple Wal-Mart employees complaining TO ME about how bad their jobs sucks while scanning my items. I just smile at them and think to myself "yeah it must really suck being you..better you than me."

Lets face it. There are tons of people that were born into low income families and ended up doing just fine themselves. Some people strive to excell and others would rather blame their enviroment for their failures.

I do feel bad for those that aren't offer a lot of oppurtunities but there is a difference between failing and being a failure..if that makes any sense.

Not to say that people that work for low wages are failures...geez this is a touchy subject...

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
It's amazing some of the comments people will make in public... young and old alike.

A long time a ago I had a really short haircut. I had gone out to eat and got up to go into the restroom. A little girl was in there with her mother and when she looked up she started shouting at the top of her lungs "MOMMMMMA, IT'S A BOY, IT'S A BOY!!!!"

I felt so de-feminated. :-(

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
HappyMomma said:
"MOMMMMMA, IT'S A BOY, IT'S A BOY!!!!"

I felt so de-feminated. :-(

Sounds like our daughter. :) I don't think our daughter ever did anything like that in a public restroom, but she has been known to say things like that when she younger. She likes to meet people, and is not intimidated to walk up to strangers and start talking to them. When she was younger she'd see a disabled person and walk up to them and might ask them personal questions. Some disabled people were hyper senseative, but most actually seemed to enjoy having a little girl come up and talk them them (park, mall, other public places) even if she did ask personal questions like "How come you can't walk?".

I do think our daughter has asked "Are you a boy or a girl?". It was a honest question because she couldn't determine, so she asked. :)

aliinnc

PF Fanatic
Jan 10, 2008
Raleigh NC
ONce a friend asked me if I was pregnant just because I was standing with my hand on my stomach!

Rule #12: Never ask a woman if she is pregnant.

hwnorth

PF Fanatic
Mar 13, 2008
Courtenay BC Canada
Lissa said:
The check out lady at Wal-Mart asked how far along I was. I almost cried. I know she was kinda "slow" ...
Lissa ... this is NOT about you.. this is my thoughts ... please keep that in mind...

I have fallen victim to the "When you due" ... ONCE !! ... small framed woman but what had what I thought was a "baby ponch" ... theres no recovery from it and times the reply and stammer we have makes it worse.

Mentally Handicapped working cash tills? .. hmm never seen that .... even at WalMart here ... interesting

I think if someone made any kind of comment like that I would look at a couple things ... Am I overweight at all? .. Do the clothes I wear make me look overweight? How or what would give someone that impression that I was overweight..

If I WAS overweight .. then to me I would think that I had no reason to complain or say a thing.. just because someone pointed out a fact .... I don't persecute for the truth.

Again... Lissa, I have never seen a picture that Ive known to be you and have no idea of your shape or size

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
I might be a bit curvy, but I'm no where near overweight. I was wearing a babydoll shirt which is similar to maternity. I also paid with my stuff with WIC so maybe that's why she thought I was pregnant.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Lissa said:
I might be a bit curvy, but I'm no where near overweight. I was wearing a babydoll shirt which is similar to maternity. I also paid with my stuff with WIC so maybe that's why she thought I was pregnant.
I love those kinds of shirts, but i can't stand they way that they make my stomach look huge...