In-laws (long)...

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
uh oh!! Good luck, keep your head on straight and don't let them drag you into their dirty little world!

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
We are going to their house first. That way I can leave at a certain time to get over to my aunts. I'm pretty sure I'm just not going to talk. That would probably be best.

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
I made it!! We got there late enough to spend about an hour and we left for my aunts. They got upset because Jordyn wouldn't go to any of them. What do they expect when she's only seen them 6 times in almost 11 months?

jenilouise

PF Addict
Oct 20, 2007
Oregon
Glad to hear it went okay. My ex-inlaws are a nightmare too. My ex husband was always taking their side over mine too.

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
Well it has turned out to be more than what I thought. They are not talking to him anymore because of me. We are talking about separation. The thought of not seeing my daughter every day is killing me.

I went to a counselor on Friday and she wants to talk to him about his issues. I really tried not to paint a horrible picture of him. He has issues with depression, drinking and dealing with things.

We just don't get along and we haven't for a long time. I left about 2 years ago and his family took him in then and after I moved back in they shunned him again. I don't think its right. I seem to be the common factor.

We'll see how it goes.

jenilouise

PF Addict
Oct 20, 2007
Oregon
God hun I am so sorry. I know how much splitting up sucks (I was in court on child custody yesterday) so if you need to talk I am here.

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
I tried talking to him yesterday and he seemed so numb. He didn't say anything except if you don't want to be here I can't make you stay. Then when I talked about visitation he walked away. I don't know if he doesn't think I'm serious or what.

I talked to my attorney yesterday just to have all my ducks in a row. I have a feeling when the shit hits the fan it's not going to be pretty.

Today he has been telling me "I love you" about 20 times. It has nothing to do with love. He's not pulling his weight around the house and I hear the same damn excuse "I work 12 hrs." But he seems to forget I work a full time job and come home to be mommy. I haven't been alone since my daughter was born (not complaining just saying). I take her everywhere with me. He works 3 days on and 4 days off. So he gets a break. Granted I get the weekends but still. My daughter goes to the babysitter on one of the days he's off most of the times because he just CAN'T get things done when she's here. Funny, he doesn't get things done when she's NOT here.

Oh well...apparently I need to rant for a moment!

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I swear once the children are born they don't want to "play house" anymore. They think just because we carried the baby for nine months and gave birth that we are wired to do it all. I think they should give birth or place an electric shock thing on their penis for as long as we are in labor and see how attached they feel then. LOL

jenilouise

PF Addict
Oct 20, 2007
Oregon
Hun I am so sorry. I would say you gotta tell him you are serious. Maybe that will wake him up? I don't know. I hope for the best for you and I am here if you need to talk.

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
I asked him before he went to work last night if he thought that if we didn't talk about it if it would just go away.

He just looked at me and walked away. I'm at my wits end. I can't do this anymore!

He drinks far too much for me to be comfortable with. He's lazy. AND...I know you guys wanted to know this but...we haven't had sex in MONTHS. I can count on one hand how many times we've had sex since last February. I don't want it at all. I went to the doctor to see if it was me and she sent me to a therapist. She basically said I wasn't attracted to him anymore.

He's been doing this "You don't love me." If I didn't love him I wouldn't be trying to talk to him about it. I would have packed my shit and left a Dear John letter on the kitchen table.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
((((hugs to you)))
I am so sorry he doesn't want to listen All you can do is keep trying until you can't try anymore then it's time to move on. I hope it does not come to that

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
I put the business card up on the fridge Monday. I explained that he needs to get help and he needs to be the one to make the appointment. If he is not willing to do that then I need to move on.

I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm bluffing. It's like there is a huge elephant in the room. I try to busy myself sometimes so I don't have to talk to him.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Yeah, he is concerned that it will get progressively worse over time, but right now it is not any where near that stage where things are spinning out of control.