milk qeustion...

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
My oldest drank advanced formula then went on to whole cows milk.

It's up to you.

I know people who are dead set against giving cows milk because "cows milk is for baby cows" and I always want to smack these people and say "Well, what do YOU eat in your cereal."

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Kaytee said:
I know I don't get it. Milk has avery different taste depending on the brand
I like organic milk because I never get any kind of milk after taste from it. I LOVE milk but for some reason it always leaves a taste behind...with organic I don't get that

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
fallon said:
I like organic milk because I never get any kind of milk after taste from it. I LOVE milk but for some reason it always leaves a taste behind...with organic I don't get that

Nothin' like getting a midnight snack of milk and cookies and falling back asleep on the couch without brushing your teeth. Wonderful taste the next morning.:no:

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Amber said:
Nothin' like getting a midnight snack of milk and cookies and falling back asleep on the couch without brushing your teeth. Wonderful taste the next morning.:no:
Ok that's gross. You can't get up and rinse your mouth out??? lmbo:unsure:

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
I do rice milk or almond milk. I may re try cow milk down the road but at this point since quitting cow milk no ear infections. I rather spend a few extra dollars every week then have tubes put in my DS ears. I'm a city girl and the idea of drinking raw milk really grosses me out. Straight from the cow untreated seems dirty and germy. We do Rice Dream for Bubba no issues taste wise on his end. He's not a picky kid though. At this age he's so busy if I can get anything in him its a success. Good topic Fallon. :)

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
musicmom said:
Ok that's gross. You can't get up and rinse your mouth out??? lmbo:unsure:
:laugh: Yeah. But I have trouble sleeping all the time, and there have been a few times I'll wake straight up in the middle of the night and sit on the couch, hoping to tire myself back out, but pass out again. I'm supposed to take Lunesta, but I hate taking it.

Jim's_Wife

Mar 16, 2008
OMG Please don't give your child milk. Milk is awful! I would never give my children milk, drink it myself, or allow my husband to. lol

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
<r><QUOTE author="Jim's_Wife;37452"><s>
Jim's_Wife said:
</s>OMG Please don't give your child milk. Milk is awful! I would never give my children milk, drink it myself, or allow my husband to. lol<e>
</e></QUOTE>
<br/>
<COLOR color="maroon"><s></s>I still think it's better than soy milk.<e></e></COLOR><br/>
<COLOR color="maroon"><s></s>As for raw milk (especially goat raw milk) I don't see anything wrong with it.<e></e></COLOR><br/>
<COLOR color="maroon"><s></s> <e></e></COLOR><br/>
<COLOR color="maroon"><s></s>PS. Some doctors (with holistic approach) say that some kids who have frequent ear infections (even bad enough to require a surgery) get much better (without a surgery) after dairy completely eliminated from their diet. But it's mostly about pasteurized dairy (big difference with raw one). Many people who are allergic to (don’t tolerate) dairy, do just fine with raw milk.<e></e></COLOR></r>

Shari Nielsen

PF Enthusiast
Jan 21, 2008
CT
My oldest was having a ton of ear infections until we took her off whole milk when she was almost two. We switched her over to soy milk and there was an immediate change.

Our second drank whole milk successfully but now has soy milk.

Our 11 mth old is going to transition to milk in a month or so and we are debating what to give him. My husband (a health nut) is considering goat's milk. I'm thinking predominantly organic cow's milk for convenience & mix in the goat's milk here and there. I still need to do some research. Anyone strictly giving their kids goat's milk?

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Shari Nielsen said:
My oldest was having a ton of ear infections until we took her off whole milk when she was almost two. We switched her over to soy milk and there was an immediate change.

Our second drank whole milk successfully but now has soy milk.

Our 11 mth old is going to transition to milk in a month or so and we are debating what to give him. My husband (a health nut) is considering goat's milk. I'm thinking predominantly organic cow's milk for convenience & mix in the goat's milk here and there. I still need to do some research. Anyone strictly giving their kids goat's milk?
Here is an article which ran in Mothering Magazine a couple years ago...</SIZE>[/FONT]
</SIZE> [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]http://www.mothering.com/articles/growing_child/food/soy_story.html[/COLOR][/SIZE]</SIZE>[/URL][/FONT]
</SIZE> [/FONT]
And also this book is worth while checking out </SIZE>[/FONT]
<FONT font="times new roman, new york, times, serif">[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]<SIZE size="125">"The Whole Soy Story. The Dark Side of Soy"</SIZE>
[/FONT]

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Jim's_Wife said:
OMG Please don't give your child milk. Milk is awful! I would never give my children milk, drink it myself, or allow my husband to. lol
I think this statement is way to generalized. Which milk are you talking about:</SIZE>[/FONT]
- human milk;</SIZE>[/FONT]
- raw goat milk;</SIZE>[/FONT]
- raw cow milk;</SIZE>[/FONT]
- pasteurized goat milk;</SIZE>[/FONT]
- pasteurized cow milk?</SIZE>[/FONT]
Organic or conventional version of the above? Or perhaps soy milk? Almond milk? Rice milk? Hemp milk?</SIZE>[/FONT]

No matter how not crazy I am about pasteurized milk, I personally would still chose it over soy one. Fortunately, I don’t have to chose; both of my kids still get human milk, but the last thing I’d pick from the above (assuming they are organic) would be soy milk.</SIZE>[/FONT]

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
there is nothing wrong with givning milk. Its wrong to think a child HAS to have milk though.
We do organic cow milk and almond milk for Nichole