"Crying it out" method causes brain damage!...

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
it would be weird to meet someone who was all one or the other. We all mix it up a bit.

Just like some say breastfeeding is not an AP thing, its just a basic thing that all infants need.

PreSchool Mama

PF Enthusiast
Jan 14, 2008
IMO, you should take parenting advice, and apply it to your particular situation. I am not big on studies. Somehow, you know when something you're doing is just right for your child, just like you can tell when it isn't such a great idea.

To each her own..

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
<r><QUOTE author="PreSchool Mama;23538"><s>
PreSchool Mama said:
</s>IMO, you should take parenting advice, and apply it to your particular situation. I am not big on studies. Somehow, you know when something you're doing is just right for your child, just like you can tell when it isn't such a great idea. <br/>
<br/>
To each her own..<e>
</e></QUOTE>
<br/>
<COLOR color="black"><s></s>what about all the children who get physically and verbally abused by the parents? I’m sure at the moment of abuse their parents feel like what they are doing is just right for the child. <e></e></COLOR><e>[/B]</e></B><e>[/COLOR]</e></COLOR><br/>
<br/>
<COLOR color="black"><s></s>What about all the children who get permanently damaged by the vaccines. Their parents thought they were doing what was right for their children. <e></e></COLOR><e>[/B]</e></B><e>[/COLOR]</e></COLOR><br/>
<br/>
<COLOR color="black"><s></s>The list of “just right for the child” can go on and on. That is when studies get handy <E>;)</E> .<e></e></COLOR><e>[/B]</e></B><e>[/COLOR]</e></COLOR></r>

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
I just have to say that my parents let me cry it out along with my three sisters and, surprise, surprise, none of us have any brain damage.

PreSchool Mama

PF Enthusiast
Jan 14, 2008
<r><QUOTE author="yulia;23544"><s></s>what about all the children who get physically and verbally abused by the parents? I’m sure at the moment of abuse their parents feel like what they are doing is just right for the child. <e></e></COLOR><e>[/B]</e></B><e>[/COLOR]</e></COLOR><br/>
<br/>
<COLOR color="black"><s></s>What about all the children who get permanently damaged by the vaccines. Their parents thought they were doing what was right for their children. <e></e></COLOR><e>[/B]</e></B><e>[/COLOR]</e></COLOR><br/>
<br/>
<COLOR color="black"><s></s>The list of “just right for the child” can go on and on. That is when studies get handy <E>;)</E> .<e></e></COLOR><e>[/B]</e></B><e>[/COLOR]</e></COLOR><e>[/quote]</e></QUOTE>

You should stop reading so many studies, Dr Yulia. Too much of anything isn't a great idea. Focus on the parenting. <br/>
<br/>
There's such a thing called parental instinct. It's a powerful thing. And it's all the "studying" I need.</r>

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
PreSchool Mama said:
IMO, you should take parenting advice, and apply it to your particular situation. I am not big on studies. Somehow, you know when something you're doing is just right for your child, just like you can tell when it isn't such a great idea.

To each her own..
I agree with you 100% :)

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
PreSchool Mama said:
There's such a thing called parental instinct. It's a powerful thing. And it's all the "studying" I need.
If you regret circumcising your son(s), please post here.[/B] http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=112410[/URL]

PreSchool Mama

PF Enthusiast
Jan 14, 2008
If you regret circumcising your son(s), please post here.[/B] http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=112410[/URL][/quote]

I have absolutely no idea what you mean by that. This thread is not about" studying," we're just conversing with other parents here.

Personally, I haven't clicked a single link on any of the studies quoted. Like I said, too much "studying" has been found to scramble a person's brains. In fact, from now on, I am going to avoid all parental studies altogether. I figure, if researching and statistical mumbo jumbo can do what it seems to have done to you, I'd rather not have anything to do with it at all.

I'll just do it the old fashioned way. Trust my instincts, discuss with my husband and seek advice from my parents and family.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Unfortunately too many parents do things that their family says to do and they end up with very sick children!!

I trusted the health field and vaccinated my dd at her 2 month check up. Its the right thing to do right? My instinct said that is what parents do to protect their children. Then my 7 week sold baby almost ended up in the hspital from a severe reaction to it. Those same doctors said she still needed the vaccine.
Its time for parents to stop believing what others say and do their OWN RESEARCH!!!!! Yes research it ALL, both sides, then make a choice. Don't just go to one site! Most are going to be slightly biased one way or the other.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
PreSchool Mama said:
I have absolutely no idea what you mean by that. This thread is not about" studying," we're just conversing with other parents here..
this thread is a <U>GRIEF thread</U> of parents who thought they were doing just 'what was right for their children'. Many of them say they will regret it for as long as they breath. I bet they'd give everything to come across a good study BEFORE it was too late...

PreSchool Mama

PF Enthusiast
Jan 14, 2008
this thread is a <U>GRIEF thread</U> of parents who thought they were doing just 'what was right for their children'. Many of them say they will regret it for as long as they breath. I bet they'd give everything to come across a good study BEFORE it was too late...[/quote]

This isn't a grief thread, it's a debating forum.

Please take your grief and find another appropriate place elsewhere on the forum.

PreSchool Mama

PF Enthusiast
Jan 14, 2008
Kaytee said:
Unfortunately too many parents do things that their family says to do and they end up with very sick children!!

I trusted the health field and vaccinated my dd at her 2 month check up. Its the right thing to do right? My instinct said that is what parents do to protect their children. Then my 7 week sold baby almost ended up in the hspital from a severe reaction to it. Those same doctors said she still needed the vaccine.
Its time for parents to stop believing what others say and do their OWN RESEARCH!!!!! Yes research it ALL, both sides, then make a choice. Don't just go to one site! Most are going to be slightly biased one way or the other.
I am sorry for what happened to your daughter, but those are rare cases. I made sure my son got all his shots. When I have another child, I will make sure he gets all his shots as well.

The doctors you ask will always advise you to vaccinate your kids, and to be honest, they are a more authoritative source than others.

Other parents can research. I'd rather take that time to to play with my son.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
PreSchool Mama said:
I am sorry for what happened to your daughter, but those are rare cases. I made sure my son got all his shots. When I have another child, I will make sure he gets all his shots as well.

The doctors you ask will always advise you to vaccinate your kids, and to be honest, they are a more authoritative source than others.

Other parents can research. I'd rather take that time to to play with my son.
And I hope your children never have any bad side effects to the poison that is injected in them. Even the ones that I do still give, they are still poisons, with things like cow blood, aborted fetuses and other nasties. Still a poison.
Its also not rare to have a severe reaction to vaccines VAERS believes it to be closer to 25% of ALL children will experience a severe reaction. VAERS if you don't know is a program that even CDC looks at. Most adverse reactions are not reoported to them, which means it is even higher then that. Nichole's was not reported. Should have been but I didn't knnow then like I do now

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Kaytee said:
And I hope your children never have any bad side effects to the poison that is injected in them. Even the ones that I do still give, they are still poisons, with things like cow blood, aborted fetuses and other nasties. Still a poison.
Its also not rare to have a severe reaction to vaccines VAERS believes it to be closer to 25% of ALL children will experience a severe reaction. VAERS if you don't know is a program that even CDC looks at. Most adverse reactions are not reoported to them, which means it is even higher then that. Nichole's was not reported. Should have been but I didn't knnow then like I do now
Severe reactions are MUCH more often than many people may think. Do take a look at VAERS, for instance!</SIZE>[/FONT]

Also, beyond some clearly visible severe reactions, vaccines are heavily linked to allergies, eczema, asthma, diabetes, autism, and just health in general. </SIZE>[/FONT]

Before doctors would say that it’s normal for a child to be sick (have a fever) two-three times a year. Now they say that a fever (some would even say TWO) a MONTH is NORMAL! Look at the allergies, diabetes, asthma rates and compare it to let’s say 50 years ago. Look at rates of childhood cancer, you will get chills and before it was something alder people had. Scary stuff…</SIZE>[/FONT]

I deeply regret giving my son 9 shots total (3 sets of three). I SO wish I knew better. He is considered to be healthy, and yet, comparing his immune system to my unvaccinated daughter just breaks my heart. I consider vaccinating me son to be my WORST parenting decision!</SIZE>[/FONT]

By the way, doctors almost do NOT study vaccines in medical school; they just have about 30min-1 hour lecture which loads them with the whole 'herd immunity BS' and that’s pretty much IT! So if you just spend one hour and five min researching the subject you will know MORE about vaccines than doctors do![/SIZE]</SIZE>[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/B]

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
But aren't people living longer these days because of vacines and medicines????

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
some studies say yes and the same amount say no. Many of the diseases we vaccinate for were showig a huge decrease before the vaccine were introduced.
Most of the inproved health we see is due to sanitary things. We wash more, we now that if we are sick we need more fluids. Things like that.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I know just by what my husband does (treats cancer) that there are good germs and bad germs. Like chemo kills good cells along with the bad cells.
Washing your hands can be good and can be bad. So it's kinda a tough call that a parent has to make.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
musicmom said:
I know just by what my husband does (treats cancer) that there are good germs and bad germs. Like chemo kills good cells along with the bad cells.
Washing your hands can be good and can be bad. So it's kinda a tough call that a parent has to make.
Yep, antibacterial soap invention is definitely on my list of top 10 awful things people created. And now were paying for it big time...and the "fun" has just begun...[/COLOR]