Sexuality...

ivybendorf

PF Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2008
Oklahoma
musicmom said:
What is there to be afraid of? I think that is so sad.
Just on a side note. I know a few gay woman and they are meaner then most the gay guys I know. lol They'll kick your butt and the gay guys I know are not confrontational. Not saying that holds true everywhere but just from the friends I have.
I never understood why he was afraid. the most he ever explained it was that he was afraid they would hit on him... But this man is slightly OCD and after living with him intimately for 4 years, I think he might be gay himself. But it takes a long time for some men to accept that.

And being one of the gay women myself: yes, we can be very mean, LOL! Well, half of us, those that tend to be more masculine. Lets just say my husband doesn't worry about me going out alone at night, LOL!

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
ivybendorf said:
I never understood why he was afraid. the most he ever explained it was that he was afraid they would hit on him... But this man is slightly OCD and after living with him intimately for 4 years, I think he might be gay himself. But it takes a long time for some men to accept that.

And being one of the gay women myself: yes, we can be very mean, LOL! Well, half of us, those that tend to be more masculine. Lets just say my husband doesn't worry about me going out alone at night, LOL!
Ok I'm lost, your gay but you have a husband? Does he think that straight people all want him too?

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
ivybendorf said:
It is somewhat easier being a homosexual woman. Intimate relationships between women have always been easier and more natural, being the 'gentler' sex, so the idea of women with women is not as forgein or as scary.

As for his father.... Well, he is incredibly afraid of homosexual men, so accepting his son as one would probably end their relationship. I don't think his father's family would be able to cope with it, either.

It's easier being a homosexual woman because men find it sexy. Personally, I think that's the biggest load of poo I've ever heard in my life. Why is it sexy for women and not men? Double standards.;)

ivybendorf

PF Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2008
Oklahoma
musicmom said:
Ok I'm lost, your gay but you have a husband? Does he think that straight people all want him too?
I'm actually bisexual, men and women. I just happen to have found male parnters.
My ex-husband was afraid of it, I think because he was afraid he would like it.
My current husband doesn't care.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Ok I see, you said gay not bi. You had me all confused. Your ex husband would like you being bi? My husband thinks cheating is cheating regaurdless of who, what or where. If you are married then you are commited to that person. So you have an open marriage then right?

ivybendorf

PF Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2008
Oklahoma
musicmom said:
Ok I see, you said gay not bi. You had me all confused. Your ex husband would like you being bi? My husband thinks cheating is cheating regaurdless of who, what or where. If you are married then you are commited to that person. So you have an open marriage then right?
Its a little bit more complicated than that. My first husband, the OCD suspected gay, did not mind that I was bi (I also use the term gay to describe me, because lets face it, if you are bi, you are not exactly straight). But, we were married, and I did not sleep with women. Cheating is cheating, regardless of gender.

My current marriage, to Red. We are married, and cheating is cheating, but at the same time we do occasionally swing. Everything is open and known, and we <I>always </I>have consent of the other partner. It <I>very </I>rarely happens, and usually we are both involved.

The difficult thing to understand about bisexuals is, it's almost like having two different sex drives. When you are in a relationship, you have to commit your self to celibacy regarding the other half of your urges. Its like saying you can have chocolate, but never, ever vanilla. Its more difficult than people think. Red understands this, and we are a secure enough couple to delve into more creative solutions so no one feels like they are missing out on part of life.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
There is a common misconception about bisexuality.

Most people think it's some sort of "greed" and that they just can't control their urges and are very promiscuous people.

In reality, bisexual people (real bisexual people because I believe many think they are and are not) are very special. These people have the ability to fall head first into love with someone COMPLETELY based on the person they are INSIDE, regardless of what sex that person is....

I have a friend (married to a man) who is truly bisexual. Her husband happens to be a man, because that's who she fell in love with (and they are completely faithful to one another) She states she could just as easily have been married to a woman, if that's who she had fallen in love with.

I think it's a truly amazing human characteristic. To be able to love someone so completely just totally based on who they are INSIDE.

TammyZed

PF Enthusiast
Mar 8, 2008
Ontario
I'd always suspected my son was gay, and he just told me so one morning before school. His bread popped out of the toaster, and he told me, "Oh, by the way, Mom? I dig guys. Kay, bye!"

I wasn't really shocked, and it's very like him to make such a big announcement without any theatrics to go along with it. I discussed it with his stepfather when he got home from work, and although he doesn't really approve of my son's "lifestyle", he figures, "Not my kid, not my place to say." It's not the reaction I would have hoped for, but better than what I expected.

Personally, I couldn't have been happier. I love my son no matter what, and hey, I will never have to worry about him getting a girl pregnant! It's a blessing for me to see my son comfortable in his own skin and being true to himself.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
ivybendorf said:
Its a little bit more complicated than that. My first husband, the OCD suspected gay, did not mind that I was bi (I also use the term gay to describe me, because lets face it, if you are bi, you are not exactly straight). But, we were married, and I did not sleep with women. Cheating is cheating, regardless of gender.

My current marriage, to Red. We are married, and cheating is cheating, but at the same time we do occasionally swing. Everything is open and known, and we <I>always </I>have consent of the other partner. It <I>very </I>rarely happens, and usually we are both involved.

The difficult thing to understand about bisexuals is, it's almost like having two different sex drives. When you are in a relationship, you have to commit your self to celibacy regarding the other half of your urges. Its like saying you can have chocolate, but never, ever vanilla. Its more difficult than people think. Red understands this, and we are a secure enough couple to delve into more creative solutions so no one feels like they are missing out on part of life.
I posted to you after this post. Did you see it? It got deleted as usual for NO reason. I guess I must report that.

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
ivybendorf said:
We are married, and cheating is cheating, but at the same time we do occasionally swing. Everything is open and known, and we <I>always </I>have consent of the other partner. It <I>very </I>rarely happens, and usually we are both involved.
I could never. I'm way too jealous, and am not sharing my husband with nobody in the world.

gr8mom

PF Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Texas
SuperMario said:
It has been reported that 80% of child molestations and rapes are by NON-PEDOPHILES. Meaning it was situational. Jesus why do you think sex hurts kids? Not because it inherently does but because of how ADULTS treat it. The sad fact: People like YOU are causing all the harm. Are making things worse with your archaic laws and views and your hate and bigotry about people YOU DO NOT EVEN KNOW.

Sex hurts kids because they are not physically or mentally ready for it. Their bodies cannot handle it. You think that laws which protect our children are archaic? You call our parental instincts bigotry? It is our right as parents to do anything and everything we can to protect our children from harm even if the person harming them (or wanting to) doesn't think that's the case.

dfelix

Mar 10, 2008
Maine
I would love my kids no matter what sexuality they preferred, but, I have to admit that it would take some getting used to if my daughter turned out to be overly butch. For some reason I can swallow a man being overly feminine than a woman being overly butch. Of course, if their sexuality becomes obvious while they are young, I should be ready by the time they grow up.

stepmommy0221

PF Enthusiast
Nov 13, 2007
montreal, quebec
Being gay or bisexual or transgendered...well, that's all good!!!
As long as it is a consentual decision...why not?
I'm all about non-judgemental about what goes on in your bed...as long as you have 2 consenting partners and they both fully understand what is going on, then if it feels good, do it.
The P-word and rapists and abusers out there...I don't like them. Yes, they're human beings with feelings and stuff...but I don't approve of ANYONE (again, regardless if they're after children, teens or adults) who get off on putting someone down. Any type of abuse, physical, sexual, psychological or verbal...I draw the line.
If I have a child that wants to sleep with people of their own gender or opposite sex, then that's their decision. If they want to surgically alter their bodies, then as long as they have the best, I will support them. As long as my child has taught their decision through and have the ressources and proper support (counselling, support groups etc) then I will be there.
What happens if your child has several babies and they don't know the baby's father (or the flip side, who they impregnated)...would that bother you as well?...

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
I would support them but I would feel a bit bad for them as well. I know it isn't easy living an alternative lifestyle. They have to either decide to not be true to themselves or do what they feel is right and be looked down upon for it.