This website...

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Mindy said:
Meow, it's really much more than me "not liking" mm. I know I have showed you stuff before, and I know you were really skeptical if she actually said those things, so I think you might be underestimating how many times she was warned. I think after a certain # of warnings you don't have much choice but to ban the person. So whether this one incident was "the big one" or not, it's still all the little stuff put together. And I'm sorry there is just no reason under any circumstances where it should be ok for a member to tell another member you hope they drop dead. So I honestly feel relieved, whether that's mean or not. :eek:
Oh don't get me wrong, i understand where you're coming from, but what MM did most recently was stand up for what she thought was right, and because of that she was banned.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
LOL, I hear ya too.

And I'm guessing it's not easy to be a moderator. You can't please all of the people all of the time :)

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
What would be the point of doing so? You and I both know she is just going to be bitter about being banned and stir up more stuff until she gets banned again.

I think MM has a lot to offer in the way of entertainment, but she gets bored and stirs crap up.

Had she kept her argument with Sirk to one thread and not spammed the forum with multiple threads she probably wouldn't have been banned, this time. She targeted and trolled her through out the day and anyone that can't see that is blind.

I have told Sirk that I don't agree with some things she has said and done. I honestly think Sirk has the forum's best interest in mind and she is trying to find a happy medium with us. We aren't easy to please. We ask for change and then complain when and how it comes. Quite frankly she isn't used to dealing with people who are so damn sensitive. That isn't to say that anyone is in the wrong for questioning her but we can do so without stomping or feet and holding our breath.

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
The point is, most of us didn't really see a need for things to change, other than eliminating the senseless censorship that made us feel like children being talked down to by parents. Now, instead, we have MORE censorship, while the new admin can say whatever she pleases to whomever she pleases. That's not an improvement, that's not a happy medium...that's moving in the WRONG direction.
Treat us like the adults we are, and expect to see things get better...treat us like children, and expect to see us live down to the expectations. That's how life works.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Does anyone remember Musicmom posting that she agreed that I should have been banned for my Yulia/incest/breastfeeding comment?

She's having a cow because I told her I saw where Sirk is coming from on this matter, and I'm a backstabbing bad friend....so I would just like some vindication from when she posted to everyone that I should be banned too.

lol

I think JT deleted that thread though. :-(

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
Teresa said:
The point is, most of us didn't really see a need for things to change, other than eliminating the senseless censorship that made us feel like children being talked down to by parents. Now, instead, we have MORE censorship, while the new admin can say whatever she pleases to whomever she pleases. That's not an improvement, that's not a happy medium...that's moving in the WRONG direction.
Treat us like the adults we are, and expect to see things get better...treat us like children, and expect to see us live down to the expectations. That's how life works.
You can blame it on the loud minority then, just like most every issue such as pro-life/pro-choice, immigrations, and all the other crap we see people on the news shouting about.

The people who are content don't voice their opinion while the people who are disgruntled make sure they are heard. Sirk was sent from a request for help. She didn't target the site and decide to come here and jack everything up.

I'm honestly not defending Sirk. I'm trying to explain how things got to where they are.

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
Good Wolf said:
What would be the point of doing so? You and I both know she is just going to be bitter about being banned and stir up more stuff until she gets banned again.

I think MM has a lot to offer in the way of entertainment, but she gets bored and stirs crap up.

Had she kept her argument with Sirk to one thread and not spammed the forum with multiple threads she probably wouldn't have been banned, this time. She targeted and trolled her through out the day and anyone that can't see that is blind.

I have told Sirk that I don't agree with some things she has said and done. I honestly think Sirk has the forum's best interest in mind and she is trying to find a happy medium with us. We aren't easy to please. We ask for change and then complain when and how it comes. Quite frankly she isn't used to dealing with people who are so damn sensitive. That isn't to say that anyone is in the wrong for questioning her but we can do so without stomping or feet and holding our breath.
I wasn't asking because I wanted to fight the point of her being unbanned. I was going to point out that all of this is moot. No sense in beating a dead horse.

PennQuaker09

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2007
Durham, NC
Sirk said:

Didn't she just get off a 2 week ban right before I got here? :confused:
Okay, I'm sorry but that's just wrong. I don't know about all of the drama or whatever, but I don't think a moderator should be posting someone's profile and what not.

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
evilbrent said:
btw - 3/4 of the reason i don't really come here anymore is cos of people getting banned.
See what I mean? And I bet if you asked other long term members, you'd hear the same thing....it's not helping, it's hurting!!!

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
PennQuaker09 said:
Okay, I'm sorry but that's just wrong. I don't know about all of the drama or whatever, but I don't think a moderator should be posting someone's profile and what not.
Exactly. This should have been a private matter

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
well all anyone would have to do is click on her name and her profile would have come up so I guess I'm not seeing that as wrong. All infractions are listed in the persons profile for everyone who to see

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Who cares if her infractions were posted?

We all know she's been banned 3 times anyway...I think I have too...and Lissa once...who cares!

If everyone wants to talk about MM, why not talk about all the reasons she got banned....which is why someone posted her history. She had a history of being rude, and then had chances to calm down in this last episode, and then got banned because she wouldn't let up. I don't agree, but I get it.

I still don't agree she should be banned permanently, but whatever. She's happy on JUP.

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
fallon said:
well all anyone would have to do is click on her name and her profile would have come up so I guess I'm not seeing that as wrong. All infractions are listed in the persons profile for everyone who to see
I'm looking at her public profile right now, and NONE of that information is on the page....so no, it's not there for everyone to see, Fallon.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
ok well I have always been told everyone could see it...if that's wrong I'm being lied to. Or it's gone because she's been banned. Either way...no reason to get pissy with me, I'm just stating my opinon like everyone else and going by what I have been told. I didn't ban anyone...As a matter a fact I've worked my ass off trying to keep everyone here happy and keep soooo many people from being banned. Sirk is an admin and she doen't have to ask me before she does something