Ttc...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
We decided to start trying for another baby this month... lol! :embarrassed:

I remember somebody telling me I was obligated to let everyone know haha.

We were going to wait till next year, but everyone kept telling us 3 years is a great age difference and we're married and I have health insurance now so why the hell not. :D

No picking on me!! :eek:

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
congratulations on making the decision :) :) I'm sure Eli will love a little brother or sister... Felix loves Alegra but i wish the age difference was a little more so he had more of a concept of her being small and somewhat breakable LOL I hope it goes well for you quickly :)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Antoinette- lol true! I hope he does love the idea. I keep asking him "Can mommy have another baby?" And he says "You can" lol. The fun thing about your kids is that they will grow up to be great friends interested in the same age-group stuff, you know? I always thought that would be cute.

Dadu - Oh we will! lol When are you and Heather going to get started huh?

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Let the "baby dance" begin!

3 years is a good split, ours are almost 5 and I liked that a lot because the elder was a little more capable of understanding what was going to be happening, we didn't have any problems with sibling rivalry really or feelings of abandonment. He was a LOT of help and a proud big brother. We also kind of like that they won't be in the same school at the same time (when ds 2 hits elementary, ds1 will be in Middle school, they'll follow each otehr to high school etc..)

But 3 years is a good split too, and you never know it could happen right away or take a while.

Good Luck.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Yep if it were to happen RIGHT NOW Eli would be about 3 1/2 when baby 2 would be born. I like the big age difference too, but DH and I decided 3 1/2 years is good enough and that we really want to get the baby thing over with already lol.

I hope it works this month actually, the chinese calendar says we'll have a girl if we conceive this month! LOL who knows about that. Fun to play along though.

I am hoping for a girl!

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
You can get those ovulation kits if you don't already temp, how do you think hubby will cope with no smoking? Do you family know yet, if they don't I'm sure Eli will fix that :) happy sexing

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Very funny Jeremy!!! :p Steve will not quit smoking (I wish haha!) But he doesn't smoke around us. So you don't have to worry about that. I know smoking doesn't hinder the conception of a baby though, otherwise Eli wouldn't be here lol. My family does not know! I may have mentioned I don't like embarassing attention. I figure I'll wait till I am pregnant and tell them. Or Eli will break the news, I'm sure haha.

IADad - I most certainly have read the Shettles method! Over and over haha. I know some dumb stuff comes along with it, but I think I can acheive a lot of it and let nature take care of the rest. I don't think I'll be purchasing an ovulation kit so that part will be hard to go with (the part where you should stop about 3 days before ovulation). We're not going to go crazy with it, but we are going to keep those things in mind and do our best and see how it turns out. Really I'd be just as in love with another baby boy as I would a girl. But GOD do I want to buy a truck load of little dresses. xD

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
ElliottCarasDad said:
The only way to be sure it is a girl is to have sex 3 to 5 times day. :D

(Steve can thank me later)

LMAO!!! -delete delete delete- :D

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Xero said:
I figure I'll wait till I am pregnant and tell them.
We waited until after the first trimester on the first pregnancy...we told right away on the second and DW miscarried about 3 weeks late, so we were much more cautious about announcing the last time...we knew there's no "safe" time, but we felt more comfortable with that after the first tri-mest time frame.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
No Picking on U???? ha like that's an option.

If you have trouble you can call tech support. But we all know the first thing they are going to ask.

Is it plugged in.

And

Are you turned on.

They are really no help at all.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
LOL!!!! I figured asking not to be picked on would be useless. hehe

IADad - I think that's what we are going to do, cause you never know and everything. :)

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I am doing the happy dance for you! Our little Zero gonna have another baby! Woot-woot!

{{{{ GOOD BABY GIRL VIBES}}}}

My head hurts now, those vibes are killing me. LOL

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
mom2many said:
{{{{ GOOD BABY GIRL VIBES}}}}
I'm embracing the vibes!!!! Thank you!!! :D I will keep everyone updated as to our progress monthly! lol