Ttc...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Thanks Antoinette I hope so too!! I know a lot of people lucky enough to get both one right after the other, so I'm pretty hopeful that it could happen to me too. :) It would be so perfect! You know??

Fo6 - You're so bad!! lol!!!

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Hey now lol. Lets not get carried away. o___o I would never survive 8 babies at once. Or ever, for that matter. Which is why I say M2M is a super hero!!! One of us is getting fixed after our second baby. lol We're not the type to have lots of kids. We just want two. :)

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
HEY.......NO picking on me LOL!

I only sent Zero one baby girl vibe!

Have 3 babies Zero...the world could use more of you in it!

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
mom2many said:
Have 3 babies Zero...the world could use more of you in it!

Aw... that's like seriously one of the nicest things anybody has ever said to me. Thank you!! :eek: :D

The thought has crossed our minds about a third lol. But I don't know about that. :p

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
if you're even remotely thinking about numberr 3 now, don't get anything permanent done after number 2...(and it only makes sense to get him fixed, it's a lot cheaper and the side effects are less, and it's really no big deal).

Tell you what since we had 2 boys, that means you must be the one to get the girl (that we never wanted) to balance everything out.

Oh, and don't listen to Dadu, if you don't give us details we can't tell you what you're doing wrong...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
lol!!!!! Well there will be no details until at least Friday, it happens to be that time of the month. :p bahaha.

You have had a vasectomy right IADad? How was the procedure and recovery for you? Also, does it affect you at all otherwise? Can you even tell? Does it affect sex at all for you? Does it bother you in any way shape or form? Does it change ANYTHING? If so - what?? I want to know every last detail from people who have had it done so that DH knows before getting it done. I would be horrified if it affected him in a negative way even if it wasn't a big deal. Sorry for the personal questions lol. I figured. You know. Since we're friends. :D

Oh and don't worry about the deciding on getting fixed thing haha. We will figure that out later. I can't really see us having three kids, and neither can Steve, all I'm saying is that we aren't 100% sure at this exact time. When the time comes to decide, we'll make sure we're sure. :D One thing that will help the decision is if this baby is a girl or a boy. We'd really like to have a girl so I could see us MAYBE POSSIBLY trying one more time if it didn't turn out right.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
It didn't work?? Oh man sorry to hear that Jeremy, what a pain. :/ Thanks for the link I'll check it out.

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
The procedure isnt that bad. It is a surprise though when they are tugging the tubes around to find out that they are connected to a nerve right behind the eye.

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
i always wanted 3.. it was just always my number.. but not for a while i don't think.. like 7 years or something but then if i waited that long i would probably have another one so that the last 2 are similar ages hahahaha decisions decisions..

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
hmmm, I'll try to be delicate in posting a response...maybe we'll have to take followup questions on PM or something...

The proedure was really nothing, other thatn feeling a little odd laying there with my junk out, but you ladies are used to that kind of "exposure" on a much more regular basis. It was odd to have the nurse handle things as if it were a leg (you know to ove from one side to the other...) Yes, I had to shave, but just enough to clear around the boys. The worst part of the procuedure was getting the novacaine injections, so, a short jab, but then the rest is completely painless. I followup the aftercare instructions to a "T" so no problems there. I would highly recommend the use of a jock strap or compression shorts, any extra jostling is unpleasant for the next day or so. You still have to use protection for a coupld of weeks until all the live guys get flushed out. You have to bring a sample back at the end of that perriod to confirm that you have Zero motility. My doc said that in rare cases ther can be "re-attachment" so I can drop off a smaple annually to check on that. Haven't done that yet, but probably will, just for extra insurance. Otherwise, I can't say I've notcied any difference, I mean desire is about the same,I 've heard for some guys it even gets better because they are freed of the worry.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
oh, and even though I'm now almost 47 and we really need to be done, I do get pangs every now and then about "how about just one more" so be aware that you're feeling very well may change along the way, You may be dead sure you're ready to stop at 2, then a couple years later be thinking well, another one would be nice. So, since you (both you and annette) are so young, I'd advise against doing anything permanent right after the birth of a new one.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Thank you so much IADad!! I appreciate that info. :) That's very reassuring. It doesn't sound too bad. I'm thinking we'll wait a year or two after the birth of baby number two to decide on the procedure for sure.

You know its not all over with IADad, it is possible to have a vasectomy undone!! :) However I hear the success rates are low, but still its technically possible. So if you ever REALLY REALLY wanted another one you could give it a try haha.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Xero said:
Thank you so much IADad!! I appreciate that info. :) That's very reassuring. It doesn't sound too bad. I'm thinking we'll wait a year or two after the birth of baby number two to decide on the procedure for sure.

You know its not all over with IADad, it is possible to have a vasectomy undone!! :) However I hear the success rates are low, but still its technically possible. So if you ever REALLY REALLY wanted another one you could give it a try haha.
I think we'll stick with "practice and pretend" At 45, I know DW would be a complete nervous wreck carrying another child (plus we've been getting rid of every baby thing when we grow out of each phase now, so we'd have to buy all over again... Seriously though, I'll be 62 when DS 2 graduates from HS...I don't want to be too grandfatherly to y own kids...