Vomiting...

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
Nice. I don't think I have ever done such a hodge podge of laundry like yesterday. I started a basket of "puke" clothes. Trying to help a one year old throw up is not easy. Poor kid. I think I made it worse sometimes.

I will be bleaching my floors again tomorrow. They caught most of it. :/

I will say though I couldn't get the smell of puke off my hands. And I kept trying to catch it when she would catch me off guard. Like that was going to do anything.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Same here tonight. I have two towels left. It's so late I just threw them in the garage for tomorrow. I just wanted the smell out of the house. Sadly my room stinks like puke. I am hoping and praying that she does not decide to throw up and I'm right there and get a face full.
She'd wake up saying "sorry mom, this is hard being sick" and I said "you are doing a great job honey, that's what you have to do to get those germs out of your tummy...you are awesome"
The whole time I'm thinking "for the love of all that's holy please stop puking!"

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
Hey at least she can talk and warn you! My kid would be sitting there all comfy and just open her mouth and low and behold the exorcist came out! Not fun. I did start to pay attention and listen to her belly sounds. It kind of helped but not a lot.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Oh yes.........I forgot about that noise with rota. It's like a sinking ship. They get gassy as all get out too.

My daughter can't warn me when she's sleeping...hahahaha it just comes out. That's why I'm scared she'll choke herself :(

evilbrent

PF Addict
Sep 4, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
haven't read all the posts...

it can be really upsetting when your kid's sick like that.

I think the thing to remember is that stomach problems usually solve themselves in one of two ways. The offending stuff comes UP... or it goes DOWN...

If it continues after it should have "solved itself" then it's a really big problem.

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
musicmom said:
Oh yes.........I forgot about that noise with rota. It's like a sinking ship. They get gassy as all get out too.

My daughter can't warn me when she's sleeping...hahahaha it just comes out. That's why I'm scared she'll choke herself :(
How is your daughter doing today?

Mine so far has kept everything down since last night. She hasn't had anymore diarrhea either. Thank God! But this whiney crap. Yeah it needs to go. She does this really high pitched squeal and then lets it rip and then continues to scream and throw herself on the floor. Yay for one year olds!!

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Your daughter jrrsmom is really adorable. I'm glad to hear she's doing much better, what a relief.

Not so good on our side. I've had two hours sleep. She threw up ALL night. I have no idea where it came from but it came out every time she coughed which was about every two seconds. I am wiped out.
I don't know if the antibiotic is making her sicker, if her coughing is a good sign that it may be draining. I just don't know. I'm so tired I want to get into a fetal posistion and cry because I don't know what else to do.
I cleaned out the fridge till one in the morning and cut my ring finger pretty deep :( It's just been a rough night. Thanks for asking. mwah.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I hope it's good drainage too ;) The pharmacist said to keep giving her the antibiotics for a bit longer. I'm going to pick up some Delsym to quite her cough tonight and TRY to keep her propped up (not easy) *off to get toothpicks for my eyes*

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
So today we've had a little bit of diarrhea. I'm not really sure if it's because she's sick or if it's because Mr. Wonderful is well...dumb.

The Dr. said yesterday that we should do the B.R.A.T. diet for a few days to give her tummy a rest. So that means...bananas, rice (cereal), applesauce and toast.

We were in the kitchen and I asked him if he could feed her some cereal before she went to bed. So he opens up the fridge and I can't figure out what he would be getting out of there. It's <U>APPLE JUICE</U>! HELLO!! :arghh:

We were specifically told to only give her water, pedialyte, or half strength gatorade. No juice, milk or formula. We were both there. We were both sitting in the Dr.'s office. I about flipped my :realmad:lid. No wonder the kid has had "wet" farts all dang day!

Grrrrr!

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
dads! What can ya do with em. lol
You can also give her the syrup from fruit cocktail and that will calm her tummy and it's a great snack.

My daughter hasn't coughed at all today. I think she's saving it for me tonight. I loaded her up with benedryl, her antibiotic and Delsym and propped her up. It was hard to keep her still today. I knew if she ran amuch that it would all come back.
So here I sit with a pint of Ben and Jerry's Phish food.. lol My treat for last nights puke fest. :)

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
I seriously wanted to hit him. When I asked him what the heck he was doing he said so non chalant "Getting the juice." So I then say "What are you doing with it?" "I always put juice in her cereal" he replies.

I turned around and I must have looked like a cereal killer (ha ha) cause he asked me what was wrong.

I nearly blew. Seriously, the poor kid has been through enough and apple juice cleans her out like Roto Rooter and he knows this!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Yes especially if it's juicy juice. I used to give that to my infants to get them to poopy. Worked everytime!

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
We aren't that far yet. I just started whole milk (don't shoot me) and I wanted to see how she did with that before we started other new things. She started the whole milk on Monday and got sick Thursday. I don't think it has anything to do with the milk so I'm waiting.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Hey, I'm all for real whole milk from a grocery store. Did you start the milk 1/2 formula and 1/2 whole milk? I worked it up to full milk so their tummy's could get used to it.
My children never had any problems with whole milk. We are all milk babies over here. :)

The way I am built genetically I am so not worried about growth hormones in regular milk. My girls are going to be blessed one day and that's that! More power to them.

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
Yeah I went straight full on. She loved it though! She would take a drink and go "Mmmmmm."

Oh and she's vaccinated and if she were to have been a boy I would have gotten her circumcised. There...now I feel ALL better. ;)

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
jrrsmom said:
Yeah I went straight full on. She loved it though! She would take a drink and go "Mmmmmm."

Oh and she's vaccinated and if she were to have been a boy I would have gotten her circumcised. There...now I feel ALL better. ;)
:award: Good girl