What did you do in your pre- mommy/daddy life?...

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I don't believe anyone is claiming Jtee said that. They are talking about SuperMario I think?

SM likes young things...he took an ovary to the prom.[/quote]
Ok that's seriously funny.

I'm not blowing anything out of proportion, he made a comment and I had a question. Which was avoided anyway so I have my answer.
I've always questioned SM's way of thinking. I just forget that it was him.

symphonyodd

PF Regular
Mar 3, 2008
Knee deep in laundry
Well, it's hard to remember.. my husband and I started out REALLY young.. we were in highschool when we had our first. There's a 5.5 year gap between our first and second. It took a long time for us to 'grow up'. I have NO fond memories of that time period.

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
symphonyodd said:
Well, it's hard to remember.. my husband and I started out REALLY young.. we were in highschool when we had our first. There's a 5.5 year gap between our first and second. It took a long time for us to 'grow up'. I have NO fond memories of that time period.
Growing up...you do that fast whenever you get kids!

ivybendorf

PF Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2008
Oklahoma
Pre-mommy days? Military overseas highschool! My first came at 19, second at 21. I got divorced shortly after baby #2, I remarried, and we are already trying. It happened really quick, but, *shrugs*. I never had a life before my children, and I grew up within a year. My marriage fell apart after #1 because I grew up and her dad didn't. By the time I was pregnant with my second I needed to move on.

My current husband is wonderful in that he understands I didn't really have the change to have a life before I had children, and he tries to let me live a little. About once a month we send the kids to Nana's for a weekend, and we go out on the motorcycles partying, or dancing, the occasional tattoo or piercing ;). I get to let loose and not think about my kids, and we have a child-free morning, a child-free afternoon with which to paint and read and write and sew. My quiet activities that do not require makeup.

I guess you could say I am living my pre-mommy days while being a mommy!

TammyZed

PF Enthusiast
Mar 8, 2008
Ontario
I had my son at seventeen, so my pre-mommy life consisted of high school, going out with friends, and getting up to no good! I was a bit of a wild girl, and I didn't slow down too much after having my son either. It took me a few years to accept and come to terms with motherhood.

aliinnc

PF Fanatic
Jan 10, 2008
Raleigh NC
I was living on a schooner, writing a novel. Then got married and pg right away. Never finished book. Sold boat.

Don't want boat again, but would like to finish book one day.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
HappyMomma said:
Getting a lot more rest. ;)
If I would have known how exhausting being a mother was, I would have rested more and enjoyed my solitude. lol