Pets...

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Trina said:
Amber, our cats are like our kids, too. In fact, they were our first kids because we got them long before we started a family. The cats are 12 and 15. The kids are 9 & 11. LOL! Very spoiled they are, too!

Oh, and I don't think gender necessarily has anything to do with personality, because I've had both male/female friendly cats and male/female aloof cats.
Well, Hector was my first cat. I have my tubes tied, but I go through the baby blues quite a bit, so Jack said whenever I think I want a baby, he's going to get me a new cat.:biglaugh: We got him from his boss. Apparently, Hector's mother moved the kittens up under a new house, and forgot poor Hector. So, Brice's (Jack's boss) mother found this solid gray kitten under her house and Brice took it, and weened him. Now we got him. So, he's very skittish, but when he wants to be loved on, you better love on him, or he'll just keep pushing himself on you.

Then we got Gabby. She was found under Jack's ex wife's house. They started bottle feeding her because she was so little, but Angel didn't want to take care of her, so I refused to let her get rid of her and brought her home.

Victor, we got him from a pastor friend of ours. We got 2 of 'em at the time, but Furry Maria died.:( It was so unexpected. But Victor is wierd. He don't like to be petted, don't like to be touched, just plain out don't like to be looked at.

And finally (lol) Cameron has a dog. We had found a dog down the road from our house, a lil beagle pup. Poor thing was so malnourished, all he was was skin and bones.:( So, Jack brought him home. We took him to the vet, wormed him, all that good junk. Fed him continuously. He wouldn't gain any weight. Someone told me that if you gave 'em baby formula, that'd help pack the pounds on. So, we try it, and he refuses to drink it. (I now have a thing of formula just sitting in my cabinet)
So, anyway. Poor thing died.:( It was Cameron's very first pet that was "his", ya know? He cried. But he did such a good job taking care of him, that I promised I'd get him a new one. So, for Christmas, he got Buddy, a Mountain Cur/Beagle mix.

My mom has a toy fox terrior...very smart dog, and very much her baby, since we kids are out of the house. I want one so bad.

Hannah's mommy - My sister has a Jack Russell, and the thing never sits still, not even when he's sleeping!

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
1dayatatime said:
Cats are gross.
I don't think so. (Come on cat people. Help me out here! LOL!)

I could say the same about dogs, BTW, <I>especially </I>the slobbery faced ones. ;)

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
Trina said:

I could say the same about dogs, BTW, <I>especially </I>the slobbery faced ones. ;)
lol personal opinion counts for nothing. I'm definatly not a cat person.

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Trina said:

I *heart* my kitties. :p Seriously, I've never been a big dog person, have always preferred cats. I like dogs, but I just don't like the slobbering ones. I hate slobber...dont know how I got through my youngins teething.

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
I like both cats and dogs. Growing up, my dad would never let us have a dog, so we each had a cat (that's 4 cats, btw!).

On the other hand, my husband hates cats, so we have a dog.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
I like big slobbery dogs, and think 1day's next choice (does your current dog know you're already shoppping around for a replacement?) is a great pick!

In our condo with no yard...cats just make sense.

My mom just told me on the phone yesterday that her dog is addicted to eating dogshi#. Tell me that's not the grossest thing ever! She said her dog came inside with a turd hanging off her mouth like a cigar.

lol...Cats are way too sophisticated for that.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
FooserX said:
My mom just told me on the phone yesterday that her dog is addicted to eating dogshi#. Tell me that's not the grossest thing ever! She said her dog came inside with a turd hanging off her mouth like a cigar.

lol...Cats are way too sophisticated for that.
It's so true...lol

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
WHYTEKNYGHT2003 said:
maybe there is something to that, tho. they say dogs have the cleanest mouths.....

Maybe there's some kind of buffer time period between eating poop and licking balls....and having the clean mouth. 5 minutes? An hour?

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
My Beebop eats cat poop like valentines chocolates. Super gross. I secretly love his stinky dog breath.