So what DOES count as cheating?...

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Amber said:
I'm iffy on this one actually. I will not ride alone with a male in the car unless it is my family member. Nor will I go to my husband's male family members or his male friend's houses alone. I don't want to take the risk of "guess who showed up at so-and-so's house and they were alone for hours...wonder what they were doing." I don't think it's cheating to ride alone with them, I just don't want to put myself in a postition where it might happen or might be gossiped about, ya know?
omg, I could not imagine. That would make me feel as if I was owned instead of being someone's partner and best friend.

Loving someone and sex are two seperate things. Sex is an act and love is an emotion. The two together can be a great.

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
musicmom said:
omg, I could not imagine. That would make me feel as if I was owned instead of being someone's partner and best friend.

Loving someone and sex are two seperate things. Sex is an act and love is an emotion. The two together can be a great.

That isn't a 'command' from my husband, it's just my personal choice. We've actually never discussed it. I just would rather not put myself in a position to be gossipped about or a rumor spread about me as being a cheater. Also, I'm human....I love my husband with my whole being. But humans can fail. I don't want to place myself into the position of being in a weak moment, cheating, and breaking my husband's heart. So, I just stay safe and don't let myself be alone with them in their car or homes, nor are they allowed to come into mine when Jack's not home. Just my personal choice. :)

evilbrent

PF Addict
Sep 4, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
That is interesting though.

I've got plenty of female friends, and I would personally rather go places with them and be in their company than worry about whatever nonsense and guff some other people may or may not be thinking about our relationship. "Getting in a position to be gossiped about" says more about the gossiper than it says about me.

I'd never be away from him long enough that he would need to resort to masturbation.
:-D You horn bag!! You have sex with your husband every single 24 hours?!!? :-D Kudos to you.

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
Amber said:
That isn't a 'command' from my husband, it's just my personal choice. We've actually never discussed it. I just would rather not put myself in a position to be gossipped about or a rumor spread about me as being a cheater. Also, I'm human....I love my husband with my whole being. But humans can fail. I don't want to place myself into the position of being in a weak moment, cheating, and breaking my husband's heart. So, I just stay safe and don't let myself be alone with them in their car or homes, nor are they allowed to come into mine when Jack's not home. Just my personal choice. :)
Just so you know, Amber, you are not alone. I don't put myself into those positions, either. Not because I think I might cheat, but because I don't want to give ANYONE the wrong impression.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
I see cheating a being very specific to a couple. What is cheating to one couple might be perfectly OK by another. Couples who have open marriages don't consider having multiple sex partners to be cheating.

I worked with a guy who was very frustrated because his wife felt that admiring other women was a form of cheating. In her mind, if her husband found any other woman to be attractive, he was cheating on her in his mind. At work he commented once "She caught me smiling at the check-out clerk at the store, and once we were the car, she was extremely pissed off"

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
jtee said:
I see cheating a being very specific to a couple. What is cheating to one couple might be perfectly OK by another. Couples who have open marriages don't consider having multiple sex partners to be cheating.

I worked with a guy who was very frustrated because his wife felt that admiring other women was a form of cheating. In her mind, if her husband found any other woman to be attractive, he was cheating on her in his mind. At work he commented once "She caught me smiling at the check-out clerk at the store, and once we were the car, she was extremely pissed off"
LOL that's pretty extreme I can't even imagine. I bet though that she had some self esteem issues.

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
Skyburning said:
LOL that's pretty extreme I can't even imagine. I bet though that she had some self esteem issues.
I can imagine, as I have friends like that. They don't get how DH and I don't get EXTREMELY upset over looking at other people out in public. Our philosophy is that we're married, not dead....and we're admiring, not fantasizing.

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
evilbrent said:
:-D You horn bag!! You have sex with your husband every single 24 hours?!!? :-D Kudos to you.

At the risk of being labeled a "horn bag", yes, I do.:laugh: At least once a day. At the risk of embaressing myself, Jack and I both have a huge sexual appetite, so we don't go long without having sex. Well, I take that back. There are sick days, when we've been sick, but they're few. I imagine things will slow down once we get older. Right now, we've only been married a year (well, a year on the 10th of next month), so it's all really new to us (being with each other) plus we just both really enjoy it.

Ok, now that I've thoroughly embarassed myself, I'll move on.:twitcy:

I don't see anything wrong with Jack admiring another woman. Men lust with their eyes, whereas women tend to lust more with their ears. So, to see a woman with a smokin hot body walking by, it's just instinct, I think, for them to look.

ivybendorf

PF Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2008
Oklahoma
Amber said:
At the risk of being labeled a "horn bag", yes, I do.:laugh: At least once a day. At the risk of embaressing myself, Jack and I both have a huge sexual appetite, so we don't go long without having sex. Well, I take that back. There are sick days, when we've been sick, but they're few. I imagine things will slow down once we get older. Right now, we've only been married a year (well, a year on the 10th of next month), so it's all really new to us (being with each other) plus we just both really enjoy it.

Ok, now that I've thoroughly embarassed myself, I'll move on.:twitcy:

I don't see anything wrong with Jack admiring another woman. Men lust with their eyes, whereas women tend to lust more with their ears. So, to see a woman with a smokin hot body walking by, it's just instinct, I think, for them to look.
It is instinct, why fight it? Heck, I even look!

I understand the sexual appetite, too. You are very lucky to have a partner with the same drive as you. Trust me, it sucks when your partner is less needy than you! Every so often, (OK, almost daily) I will turn to my husband and ask, "Hun, will you give me a hand?" Usually he is happy to help, but sometimes I get, "My god, Ivy, AGAIN?!" Which always makes me feel so good.... :nah:

ivybendorf

PF Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2008
Oklahoma
Skyburning said:
lol. Before the baby my drive was higher than Kutt's but since the baby his has been higher and he's feeling the "other side" now.
It'll come back when baby is older. Trust me. :D

ivybendorf

PF Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2008
Oklahoma
Skyburning said:
I hope so :( It's been pretty bad. :eek:
Give it another three months. It happens every time. Call it a survival instinct ;). PLus, with a three month old, do you even have the time or the energy! I was the same way with both kids.