The Playground...

AmyBelle

PF Fiend
Apr 20, 2008
Australia
Ive got to say, ive been voting since I was 18 and I still dont get how the Australian voting system works. Theres seats and they ahve to win seats but we cant vote for one person we have to put in preferences from 1-10 for the major parties or whatever, unless we want to preference vote every single party is existance of which there are 300 and something, then we get this giant A3 sheet with size 8 font thats double sided that im sure no one uses. But certian minor parties are linked to either Labor or Liberal parties and if I vote for the Greens like I always do it counts as a vote for Labor unless more people vote for Greens than Labor which never happens, then they start mixing up all the ministers and how did the guy from Midnight Oil end up as our envorionmental minister? (now former because he came up with this big housing insulation scheme to save energy which caused several houses to ignite)

And that is why rock stars shouldnt become polititicans, because houses spontaneously start fires.

But the point was that I dont get the Australian voting thing.

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
Did you know? (for the old-schoolers)

Mark, the guy who draws pictures on Yo Gabba Gabba was a founding member and drummer for Devo?

xox.ilu.xox

PF Addict
Dec 17, 2009
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
ElliottCarasDad said:

Mark, the guy who draws pictures on Yo Gabba Gabba was a founding member and drummer for Devo?
how the deuce did you find THAT out!? lol.

I got my tongue pierced today! WOOT! for the third freakin time lmfao! I know all you old schoolers are like WTH would you do that! but i like it :)

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
ElliottCarasDad said:

and did you know the guy who voices the dad on Phineas and Ferb is Rocky Horror Picture Show creator (and Time Warp Again voice) Richard O'Brien?

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
xox.ilu.xox said:
I got my tongue pierced today! WOOT! for the third freakin time lmfao! I know all you old schoolers are like WTH would you do that! but i like it :)
My wife has hers pierced...tongue piercings are hot.

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
IADad said:
and did you know the guy who voices the dad on Phineas and Ferb is Rocky Horror Picture Show creator (and Time Warp Again voice) Richard O'Brien?
and did you know that Dauber from Coach is the voice for Patrick on Spongebob? And the guy that does the voice for Mr Krabs played Kelvin on Lost (the guy in the hatch with Desmond, and in Iraq with Sayid) and Santa Claus on Phineas and Ferb? :D

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
It's been an eventful week, two people hit my car within 15 minutes, Jake broke his leg pretending to be a dog and I spent nearly three awr's locked in my own bathroom this morning and missed work. Hopefully next week will be very boring!

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Oh my gosh Jeremy!! lol that's craziness. I'm still calming down from pissed off mode because some crazy guy cut me off on the highway. I'm talking the severe kind of cutting off, the kind that causes car accidents. I had to slam on my breaks! I had my baby in the back!! He didn't use turn signals or anything, just swirved right in front of me out of nowhere with not even inches between us. Grrrrrr!!!!!

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Wish me luck!! My poor baby is getting a really big cavity filled today!!! :( :wacko:

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Wow this time was kinda crazy. When we got there Eli was already cranky. He just woke up cranky today for some reason. Anyway, so he was fussy when we got in the office and then they told us to come right back so he got real pissed that he couldn't play with the toys in the play area (he was really looking forward to it, even talking about how he was going to play with the toys when we got there while we were in the car). So that REALLY set him off, so he cried the whole way back to the office and he screamed when I put him in the chair. The entire time it took for the doctor to prepare himself and get to our room I was going crazy trying to make him chill out. o__o I was trying everything, and finally a game of "Look, what's that?" got him to kind of relax. When the doctor came in he was still cranky but not crying. When the doctor put the gas mask on him, he kept trying to push it off even though I kept telling him not to. He only would sometimes open his mouth when the doctor asked him to, and I would have to keep prompting him like crazy to get him to do it. If it wasn't for the gas making him loopy there's no way this cavity would have gotten filled haha. A couple times he tried to get away from the chair and we had to put him back and hold him there (ugh). He didn't cry at all though, thankfully. He didn't say anything either. He just made a lot of trouble. When the doctor was finally done and we let go of him, he threw everything off of him (mask, paper bib etc) and jumped off of the chair like a mad man, knocking over a bunch of stuff around him!!! D; I was like OMG!! lol Then he fell over. Then he got back up (all the while I'm struggling to get past all the junk in this TINY room to the corner he was in) and ran over to the prize baskets. "Can I have one? Can I have one?" The doctor, looking a little frightened haha, says "Yeah... you can have a prize" o__O

So Eli grabs a handful of stuff and starts running out of the office. I grabbed him up and he begged to play with the toys (but he sounded like he was on drugs lol which I guess he was) so I carried him to the play area and went to the counter to set up another appointment and make a payment. The whole time I was doing this, he was grabbing toys and bringing them out in the hall where I was standing and talking very loudly about them lol. "LOOK ITS A PHONE MOMMY I CALL SOMEBODY. HELLO GOODBYE." blahblahblahblahblah he was crazy!! lol And then when we had to leave he screamed the whole way out because he didn't want to leave the toys. @__o And the whole way home he repeated over and over again "I don't want to go home, I don't want to go home with you mommy, I don't want to go home, I don't want to go home with you."

-sigh- I am so happy that is over with. It didn't seem to be painful or scary for him, he was just really out of control this time for some reason. So not like him!!