The Playground...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Ugh unfortunately its not the last. There are still two more. We are behind schedule because we had to cancel a couple of appointments cause things got crazy. The two still to be done are on his upper molars. I can't even picture how he'll do those. They are much smaller though. The one he filled today was the biggest. I asked him specifically to do it today, because its been bothering Eli a lot. He's been crying and pointing at it every day. Hopefully that will stop now that its fixed. Not looking forward to those other two. I'm thinking about switching dentists though. These guys aren't very friendly and they're expensive.

I've changed a lot though. I've cut Eli waaaay back on sweets, including setting some strict guidelines for everyone who baby sits him. I brush his teeth religiously twice a day with a brand new tooth paste (the kids stuff instead of the toddler stuff, he spits now). And he does still go to bed with a sippy cup, but he no longer gets milk. I only put nursery water in his cup to go to bed with, the stuff with the added fluoride and whatnot. He doesn't give me any trouble over this either, which is nice. So I'm trying really hard to keep this from happening again! :/

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
Well this about sums up DW and my communication issues.

Its a running gag that I "just dont listen" to what she tells me. Anytime I go to the store or wherever to get something she tells me to, I always get it wrong and get yelled at. (and believe it or not I went to BK once and the M-Fers were out of the chicken sandwiches! she didnt buy it)

Well now I have audio proof that its not my fault!

She just left me a voice mail to say when I'm at the store after work to get some "Vlaussen" pickles! :D

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Xero - I feel your pain - I had to take DS2 to the dentist Wednesday for the last two of his 4 caps...He fought pretty much the whole time, even while on the gas, and I'm thinking "why am I paying extra for gas that's not covered when it doesn't really work, can't you boost this up a notch?" but I was thinking, thank god, I just have to restrain him for a little dental work, some people have to hold their kids down to get their chemo, etc. I have it pretty lucky!

ECD - LOL, so what are you going to do, buy one jar of Klaussen and one jar of Vlassic?

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
That sucks for little Eli :(

We were lucky with Elliott. His teeth were all good at his checkup thankfully and we just switched him to regular toothpaste. We went to a pediatric dentist and it was a pretty wide open area with a play table in the corner. He wasn't enjoying his checkup and since he really doesn't talk, was signing "play" and pointing to the toys the whole time.

(For anyone wanting to learn a sign in ASL, this is the reference I use the most, Mr. Bill)

IADad - I knew what she meant (Claussen of course) and got it appropriately. I'm holding onto the voice mail for future negotiations! :D

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Xero and IA you guys are gettin scrwd.

DD and DS look foward going to the dentist even getting fillings DS had two and you know the story with DD. Anyway they have this kid stuff down to a science. Now we leave the kids and do some shopping. Thats right leave the kids DD and all. These people only work on kids and Its kinda assymbly line looking with each employee doing a specific job. But it in a very effeciant and relaxing enviroment for the kids. Not like when I was a kid I think I had Frankenstein DDS working on me.

ECD you need to explain to your DW that we (men) do listen to everything our women say. Its just most of what they say is fluff (crap) and if they want us to identify the important things they should do a better job highlighting the critical things or talk less.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
What!! lol I don't even want to know.

bssage that sounds AWESOME!! I wish I could take Eli there.

Mmm I just made dinner and we had steak (really awesome high quality stuff), butter garlic shrimp, and brussel sprouts. It was amazing.

AmyBelle

PF Fiend
Apr 20, 2008
Australia
Bek's school had a 'fairytale' day for her year level, where they had to dress up as their favourite character from a fairytale, she was adament that she HAD to dress up as Biancabella. So I let her, we made fake jewels and put them in her hair and everything. I assumed that because its not a commonly known fairytale everyone would just see a girl in a princess dress and go "generic princess" and not actually ask about the story...

Well, her teacher wasnt familiar with the story, so asked Bek to tell everyone the story of Biancabella and Samaritana. So Bek does, and makes sure to include the part where Biancabella's father is a snake and her husband's step mother gouges her eyes out and cuts off her hands.

Yeah, I was called into the office for that one, but I proved that it was a legit fairytale and now I keep eyeing off her book of the more obscure fairytales that she loves so much...

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
bssage said:
Xero and IA you guys are gettin scrwd.
Yeah, I dunno, it's a pediatric dentist, and all's been good other than this procedure...seems to me like they could have boosted the nitrous and really made him loopy, butI'm not the dr so I can't even go there. He commented that he's had 8 yos who didn't do as well...I'm hoping the normal checkup visits won't be bad now that he's had this, he never minded going before and was always willing to brush so Dr Petersen would be happy....The atmosphere of the office is right and he's good with kids, I kinda just think there's no terribly comfortable way to do this...

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Father_0f_6 said:
My brother just came over wearing a dress.
um, okay, as a joke? he have something he needs to tell you? You kind of "cliff-hung" us with that one.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
AmyBelle said:
Biancabella's father is a snake and her husband's step mother gouges her eyes out and cuts off her hands.

Yeah, I was called into the office for that one, but I proved that it was a legit fairytale and now I keep eyeing off her book of the more obscure fairytales that she loves so much...
I'm guessing they'd like her to cut out the reading and watch a little more TV.....;-)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
ECD lol I just had a dream that I went to a kid's birthday party with Eli and I saw you there with Cara and I asked you why you didn't bring Elliott hahaha.

o__O??

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
Xero said:
ECD lol I just had a dream that I went to a kid's birthday party with Eli and I saw you there with Cara and I asked you why you didn't bring Elliott hahaha.

o__O??
haha, thats funny!

Is it me or is this website slow to load today?